Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I was speaking in general, not you personally
    and look under my username

2. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

i know but how did oyu become one

3. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

they needed new mods a couple months ago, I applied, was suggested to the admin, and vouched for. so I got it
    NouveauP, said, baron, lakim shabazz, salvo, pulsewitthlife, moganone, weakoner, and myself were all promoted

4. ian

ian Elite Member

Ayyyooo got a question for all you peeps. Whats the best dollar can and where can i get some? And dont just tell me to rack rusto or any other kind of paint etc. etc. im not down to rack shit at this point in time

5. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

wallmart hahaha dollar store best paint for a dollar not really sure its just matter of you trying the paint and it all depends on what you like

6. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Walmart has color place which is basically a dollar. OSH has some cans on sale sometimes for $1.20. I usually just go to Home Depot for my dollar cans, since it's self-checkout. In any case, almost all dollar cans will be exactly the same: extremely high pressure (for no reason), 10oz, shitty paint, but a dollar.

7. ian

ian Elite Member

Yeah thats what i figured i guess ill have to browse around, just wondering if anyone had any preferences

8. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

i like does little cans for tagging around there not that great but perfect cause there pocket sized

9. nah!

nah! Banned

i think i need to change my name now my mom saw one of my papers...

i thougt money

but im thinkin duem(old name from a long time ago) or nuem

10. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

yo ian, if you have a Freds near you, their dollar paint is fucking dope. specifically the Red, Grey, and Blue. the flat black, and white, i always release some pressure, but after you do they cover like a champ. my suggestion is to go to yard sales, estate sales, hardware warehouse close outs, discount racks of art stores, home depot, lowes. you can get some nice paint at yard sales for pennies on the dollar. might even be able to find a few older cans to send my way haha. also, the silver and gold i use are both dollar cans, they are dutch boy "fresh look", and are both really nice. if you are trying to get some colors that everyone else doesnt have, you should start mixing your dollar cans. thats what i do if i dont have a pink, mint green, light blue, or whatever. just get some "extinguisher" caps off of a couple of carb and choke cleaner cans, and GET THE RED HOSE that is taped on the side. put one can (you want it to be 1/4-1/2 way full) in the freezer, and let the other one hang out outside for 30 minutes. then put both the caps on the cans, and connect them with the hose. push the warm cans cap first, then the cold ones, and youll hear it filling up. i do this alot with my tall cans, i prefer using them, and usually put all my scraps of a certain color in them. it also makes them low pressure, so you can practice details if you want without having to worry about drips and shit.

sorry for the rant, i doubt i even answered your qustion, im baked.

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^yo you should make a turtorial with pics and post it.

But yeah transfering a bunch of shit paint into a 600 ml can is choice if you have the time, but if you dont, just softly release pressure from the shitty paint for better results. If you got shit paint don't try to piece with it unless you have mad bars, just use em for can control. Throwies don't have to have solid fills, and if you got fats you can still make a grimey non solid fill look dope if you fill it clean.

12. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

i use shit paint for my throws and peices
    so its not the paint but the one who is painting

13. ribcage

ribcage Banned

hence why i said "unless you have mad bars" ........lol wtf you even talking bout tho?

14. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

1. Get two dollar cans. I got a White (left) Red (right... obviously). I put the white can in the freezer for 30 minutes before mixing. This helps keep it nice and thick, and less liable to come back through your hose and mess up your other cans color, as well as lets the thinner/room temperature paint flow freely.

ai56.tinypic.com_9std2c.jpg

2. You can get extinguisher/mixing caps off of old wd40 cans as well as carb and choke cleaner. Make sure you grab 2 and the red hose. Should look like this.

ai53.tinypic.com_2ufemw9.gif

3. Put the caps into your valves. I usually twist one into the the can with the hose attached, then twist the other cap into your other can without the hose attached. Then connect the two with the hose. Make sure they are in there good, unlike mine on the left. You are in for a mess if not. I always press the warm cans cap first, then quickly press the cold ones. This gives the warm cans paint a chance to get flowing and build up pressure. Then when you press the cold cans cap will release the pressure into its valve and start the flow.

ai53.tinypic.com_f3suf8.gif

4. This was the red we started with.

ai55.tinypic.com_2mhbzva.jpg

5. This is the pink you end up with. Ive noticed that the can that ends up with the mixed color is always a medium to low pressure compared to its original state. Im not sure where the pressure is lost at, and I really dont care, because its always thick and covers extremely well at a low pressure, but you dont lose much thickness on your lines. You'll eventually get used to how much paint you need in each can to get the color you want, it doesnt take too long, and you can always take off the mixing cap, shake, and test it.

ai54.tinypic.com_vuwps.gif

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  15. ribcage

ribcage Banned

O fasho! is the new to graffit thread closed? If not you should put this in there too so it can be archived.

16. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

im not sure, ill check that out. i may just let a mod move it though.

17. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

im talking about when people say " i used shit paint to do this do that and thats why it looks shitty" so i said the paint has really nothing to do with how you paint

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

ooo lol well yeah, that too:cool:

19. ian

ian Elite Member

woord up weedeater, dont have any franks around me (east coast) but ive got a lowes right down the street, and ill keep my eyes peeled for yard sales and such. good looks on that mixing too, are your cans like both half full for that or like the red half full the white all the way and which can does it end up in the warm or the cold one?

20. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

it ends up in the cold one. and the red was full, the white was about 2/5 of the way full, but ended up being all the way full.