Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Hip-Hop: Beat or Lyrics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ESKiMO2, Feb 14, 2009.

Share This Page

?

Which do you listen to more?

1. Beat

27.9%
  2. Lyrics

72.1%
  1. Regius

Regius Senior Member

Lyrics. But I mean, it has to have a decent beat, cause if it has a bad beat..then nobody will wanna check it out haha.

If you have garbage lyrics..it's like..art without a meaning. Personally, I enjoy finding the meaning in art.

2. KidN

KidN Member

Lyrics cause they're sending the real message, but you know a beat is important too, a good beat can make all the difference in making the mc sound fresh and also a good beat is easy to fall in love with, if a song just sounds good no matter what it's saying you're gonna like it, but just because you like what someone is saying doesn't mean it sounds good, naw mean?

3. THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK

THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK Senior Member

clubbin=beat

chillin=lyrics

simple as that

4. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

obviously id want both
    but i find it harder to listen to dope lyrics over a shite beat,

ike if the beats good u can kinda zone out the shitty lyrics....but u need to pay atetion to listen to the lyrics an sadly that means hearing a gay beat

but it all depends how dope they are, like canibus and big l had a few songs with anoying beats but the lyrics are to good to miss

but i wont listen to a lil weezy song even if its a primo or large pro beat, just get the instrumetal

5. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

Yeah Canibus is incredible but the beat can nearly give me a headache sometimes.
    Songs like Indivisable and Horsementality would have been good but I can't stand the beat.
    I listen to him a lot regardless.

6. upster.1

upster.1 Member

7. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

thats why remixes and freestyling over clasic 90s beats are dope,
    and yea us has waymore wack beats than l