Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. PETER

PETER Elite Member

aeros: you clearly take inspiration from Rime, Augor, and the guy that did the Oliver Heart album cover.

2. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

Werms a beast, wait and see what his lack of structure developes into...

ai880.photobucket.com_albums_ac9_gatsoi_IMAG0827.jpg

3. HeyThere(O.o)

HeyThere(O.o) Senior Member

You gotta have style to develope anything and from what I'm seeing out of you and Werm.. You got a few years left with the black book..
    No diss or hate, take it the way you want, or don't post..

4. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

5. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

@Peter: no, it isn't clear to me. i have my book and my paint, other cats shit ain't nothing but something to stop and smell while i walk on by. and i've never even heard of oliver heart. send me some links.

6. kwu

kwu Senior Member

yuh cant tell him nuhthinn ^

7. PETER

PETER Elite Member

7632.jpg rimeburnerv2.jpg Augor-Graffiti-Artist-Picture5-640x428.jpg augor_2-608x395.jpg The point is you're calling him out on using faces and shit in his work that is vaguely similar to yours, but you are far from the first and some of the characters and ideas you use for yours I have seen elsewhere too. Sure, don't bite someone standing next to you... but, imitation is the sincerest form of flatery. Not knocking your style or skills at all. I love your work and want to see a lot more of it.... I'd love to see some full color pages and paint from you. But there is very little I would call original these days... just about anything anyone does is going to look similar to something else. Augor's done the whole pussy, nipple, jizz thing... Rime does a ton of faces and hands and shit in this letters... these are just two I can think of off the top of my head. I'm just saying if you're going to call a bite especially on a toy you should probably be the only one doing it, cause there are a ton of people doin it and it could have come from anywhere (including you). Toys are gonna bite. Just how it is.

8. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

C'mon dude, I got to jump into this cause that dont look anything like arose work. Not even a nice try @ all.
    Then again you do bring a valid point though bein' that it's true how madd dudes around the globe naturally share similar creative thoughts.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  9. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

1) Arose, honestly, who gives a fuck if McNuggets is trying to bite you man, he's fucking terrible and your work is real nice. Fuck it.
    2) The Werm on here really isn't that great... not nearly good enough to drop a sketch in the intermediate thread like he did.
    3) Nes, you straight up bit that background from Kwu. Same exact shape, fill, and even the same fucking color.
    Him:
    You:

10. PETER

PETER Elite Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seamo_art/3690658056/in/photostream
    that's my point stroll through the big boy thread and there's easily a thousand pics with faces and shit in them (these are the only pics I could find on a government computer that blocks everything) Look at much of the 666 Gesus stuff if I'm not mistaken. I mean really. It's hardly origianl at all. Does it look like some of his stuff sure, but a lot of his characters and ideas look like someone elses too. I don't have time to go digging up more accurate shit, but that's not the fucking point. just look through some of this guys stuff too. Really this could go on for days. Yes he bit something and very likely him, but be flattered he likes your work enough to want to be like you. (and likely will never be remotely close to your level... sorry dude) but you sure as shit aint the first. When you point a finger you've got 3 pointing back.

11. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

i can respect that
    however, those oliver heart faces are pretty wack. and i don't think my style is comparable to that shit.

12. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

alright alright, enough with the you bit him, you bit me shit. its annoying. this is the fucking toy thread. toys are gunna fucking bite, its low, but theres not a huge problem with it. if you fucking suck, it maight be a good idea to look at tons of good work and take ideas. and biting backgrounds??? thats just plain silly to call out. a background is a fucking background, hes not biting letters or style. iv taken ideas for backgrounds and fills plenty of times.

13. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Yeah but your a bigfaggot ;)

14. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

yea thats true, i just realized how many times i said fuck in that post.

15. PETER

PETER Elite Member

my point exactly

16. STOXY

STOXY Senior Member

anyone got crits and if you dont like it please tell me how i could imporve it instead of putting some comment like ew
    IMG-20120622-00049.jpg IMG-20120619-00041.jpg

17. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

blunt. jesuss christ. anyway, go to the new to graffiti thread to pick up tips and pointers. the only advice anyone can give you right now is USE BARS!!!!!!

18. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Stoxy: you've been here long enough to know better. Please read the new to graffiti thread in it's entirety and take it seriously. No crits until then.... from anyone.... period.

19. STOXY

STOXY Senior Member

haha i get what you mean now i look at it sorry guys ill try better :)

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

not trying to be hard, that top one.... yikes. the throw is on the right path, just needs a lot of work. keep at it. when it comes to piecing.... for sure read the new to graffiti thread. then look up the user cred.... dude developed like a mother fucker quick. speaking of which.... I'd like to see him back around soon.