Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

Damn man that's good, Diggin' the fill, but that S could use some work. but keep up the great work man.

CareGr - The D looks really cramped up and squished in that area.

ai43.tinypic.com_nzrbdg.jpg

crits?

2. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

Wait Says 'sezt' rite..or 'sezr'? I feel like the top of the z looks too plain add one em lil bars like at the bottom
    If its an r then it looks pretty good if its a t it looks like an r

3. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

Wait Says 'sezt' rite..or 'sezr'? I feel like the top of the z looks too plain add one em lil bars like at the bottom
    If its an r then it looks pretty good if its a t it looks like an r

4. pleasedontstayr

pleasedontstayr Senior Member

my boy flask keeeeppin it real.
    lookin nice man

5. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

ahah thanks alot pleasedontstayr.

and @ Smokers187 It says Sezr. :p

6. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

7. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

slek - im glad u understand the way i paint,i sometimes just like to have fun regardless of the outcome

empty - ill take the crits only if i can agree with them,period.

sezr - i think the z should go more down so it can fit with the rest of the letters and not be tilted like that..thats the best ive seen from u,keep practicing!

8. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Obviously were not all gonna agree with each other. But that's the point of posting. To get other opinions and critique. If your just gonna disregard what everyone says because your opinions vary THEN STOP FUCKING POSTING!

9. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

i like this. looks like some of my older stuff. i recommend one vanishing point, rather than a vanishing line.

10. drOping

drOping Senior Member

sezr-i dont like the z resting up on the E

11. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

it is a vanishing point, hes just cut it off. unless ive misunderstood what youve said

12. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

tofe real shit, you've been part of this site since nov 2008 and your progression looks like you started writing last month....you've listened to ONEof the tips i gave you since you've been on the site. you suck. you show no progression and whenever people try to give you honest crits you act like a little bitch. now im not trying to be a dick but honestly graff just might not be your thing. everytime you post you look like your trying SUPER hard. so either start over simple, and by simple i mean thats all you do. not going back to simples for a week then posting more of that whack ass style saying you got simples down. or you can just quit graff. real shit man.

13. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

crits?
    ai43.tinypic.com_14xl9wk.jpg

tofe-
    lose the random shit at the ends of your bars all the connections and all the random bends

14. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Fuck the Tot Black Books thread, the majority of you guys don't give decent crits, since none of you know what is right about it.. fuck man. Alright, I'll do it right now.
    CareGr: Your crew is really called "Vandal Kids?" Oh wow. The character is overly generic, not to mention ugly. And wtf is up with his teeth? the letters are alright, except for that S, and those cans are hideous. If you're doing something simple, at least make it clean.
    drOping: That's wack. You're getting way too ahead of yourself, and you don't understand proper letter structure yet. That background's pink cracks are pretty sick though. Go simpler.
    Flask, your bar thickness is way off in most of those letters, and you should learn how to draw an uppercase R. Also, the E should overlap the Z, not the other way around. Best thing on the page though.

Tofe, you should quit graffiti. Because you suck. and you have a big head.

15. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

lol, i've seen this happen before.
    like people writting for mad long without progression at all or only a tad bit if any.
    i personally think the people that are like that don't know what to practice specifically, and that's what immobilizes them in terms of skill.
    people need to learn what to practice or else they'll never progress, in my opinion.

16. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

iv said this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times
    practice letters
    letters only
    not peices not fills not arrows not anything but letters

lots and lots and lots of letters.

17. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

bootom page

18. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Good shit...

This is so write... Also they need to learn the roots and appreciate graffiti art for what it is because without the love for it you will lose motivation without motivation you will not have any progress in your skills as a artist.

19. CareGr

CareGr Member

Thanks for the crit, and I'm sorry but the crew name is nothing I have any control over.
    First of all, the crew's been around since 2003-2004 (I didn't start before recently though) and they've been getting up a bit, so it would be pointless to not keep going with it. It could also be called "Vestkyst" which basically means Westcoast in norwegian.

Anyways, thanks for the crit, and the char is being modified, that was just a quick sketch.

Finished version will be up tommorow.
    The cans are just a quick outline of what they're going to be too.

20. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Post moar pix pl0x