Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Meet Other Writers

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by imported_admin, Sep 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. TANK

TANK Member

this is becoming a huge problem for me. people creep on me sketchin and now i constantly have people coming up to me now asking me to "do their name in graffiti" and its starting to piss me off. i write for me and no one else. and now i have people stealing my fucking blackbook to see what i have inside. everytime i get a tag down, i have to change it up because of fags finding out who i am. their like "ohh your the one tags the bathrooms and stuff."

DONT LET PEOPLE SEE YOUR SKETCHES AND OTHER WORK. IT WILL RUIN YOU.

2. Moon

Moon Senior Member

I agree entirely, I hate having to throw out a good sketch because some one fucking saw it and I know they'll recognize it. Honestly, don't write if you aren't willing to NOT share with anyone except people you trust (like your crew). I've had to stop showing my friend my sketches because he leaves them out in the open where people can see that shit. Also, try not to take your sketches to school, because you look mighty weird hunched over drawing and having to hide every time someone almost sees.

3. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

haha I felt like being a dick right here, but I stopped.

4. sly45

sly45 Senior Member

just tell the to stop lookin at your stuff because you could get in trouble and if they dont or are rude about it fuck it dont bring your black book to school one day and punch them in the face ull get ( my schools ten days and sposively charges) but its better than 5-10 cuz of snitches and you'll make an example of them and a vacation to WRITE!!!!!

bacically slap a hoe.

5. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

^yeah, that makes sense

6. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Wow fuck you stupid kids, and fuck this stupid thread.

7. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

^so does this

8. sly45

sly45 Senior Member

9. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

put in work, go out and paint. theyll meet you nuff said.

10. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Exactly. There isn't an eHarmony for graffiti.

11. .nolove.

.nolove. Senior Member

i thought that this was the eharmony for graffiti...

isnt it?

12. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Nah, this is more like a "meet and fuck" website.

13. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

I don't think meeting other writers is the brightest idea unless you have known them previous to your writing days ... with that said now if you build a local rep and meet with the other known writers in your city to collab or jus go bomb the city thats cool just be cautious of who you meet and get a good feel for if the person is straight up or not before you go bombing with them

14. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

Fuckbook*

someone delete this thread

it's toys with huge egos talking about graffiti at school, and how everyone is tripped out by the fact that you like drawing letters.

no one cares about graffiti, especially not yours, so get over yourself.

15. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

Anyone located in the 951 Temecula area PM me. My town is so fucking gay

16. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Ill say it again and please can a mod just lock this thread.

It sounds cliche' to say this but all you have to do is take your time and practice, dont come up to quick, learn the history of your area. That takes GOING OUTSIDE and going to some bad and dangerous spots to see good graffiti, take pictures and learn the styles. Half the time youll meet people at spots just benching or painting, be humble and respect to everyone. They'll respect you back even though some people might not deserve it. Dont paint big spot at first work your way up and know your place amongst others in your area. After a while people will just contact you, it doesent happen over night and to be honest, the dudes that you look up to now you might end up hating if they have blown out ego's n such, Just paint for yourself and have fun, progress do it for the sole purpose of self fulfillment. Its liek when you write for a year and you see a couple of new kids start in your hood, Would you liek to paint with them and try to contact the right away? Kids come and go on the regular so people wanna see that you take this shit seriously, you know what I am saying?

17. CrookOne

CrookOne Senior Member

you should just get up and elevate to a higher level, once you reach that certain point graffers are going to be looking for you.

18. 2FNK?

2FNK? Senior Member

Go to a good bridge spot that gets hit up pretty often that's chill, once your shit gets good, and paint when you can. Eventually you'll run into someone.

19. YaPp3RoN3R

YaPp3RoN3R Member

20. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

bump