Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

2. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

you shoulda stopped that V where the blue pen lines are, Woulda looked better. And that extension on the E that goes under the V, is turrible, looked like an aight E until I figured it out

3. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

i sorta agree it didn't need that extra piece on the side but the character is sick...........

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah I know fuck me right? I totally agree with everything ribcage said... but those are whatever, I was bored. wouldn't mind crits on the throw though, if any

5. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

11022012229.jpg
    crits anyone...... would be helpful...............

the throwie i think is sick, but i'm a toy what do know...lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  6. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

@phatty the point on the V is too dramatic, throwin off the vibe of throw cause its the first letter and the bottom doesnt match. The placement of the E is in a tricky spot, specifically the middle line. Dont let the middle line of the E touch the V, it will make it look better, BUT, if you made the line go a tad bit farther, into the V, it would also look better. First couple times i looked I didnt notice te O and N being the same letter, and thats a good thing. Lastly the bulb on the right most part of the M is kinda weird, Id play with the shape and size of that part, and try to find something that doesnt throw off the balance, and doesnt look like it could be a letter, cause with the way u did the N-O, the M could easily be percieved as an M-O. ya dig?

@physh I like the shroom fill, but be cool on all those weird add ons like on the R and K, keep playing with bending bars like ya doin, and slowly add some curvy bends in there instead of it all being sharp angles, but be subtle, and dont go overboard

VVVVVVVV this too

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

go simple. use even bar widths. stop adding those stupid break things.

8. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

thanks ribcage, but that V has been giving me hellllll to figure out in terms of throw. it's kinda obligatory to make its bottom pointy or else it's a U... think you got a solution?
    in my opinion, I can make the point less dramatic by making the two sides (the heart shaped bends ones) bigger and fatter maybe that helps? and yeah I get what you mean at the end of the M, and I also see that the m is much wider compared to the rest of the letters, but it's the last letter, so I feel like I can go a bit nuts with it without compromising the whole throwie's consistency... I'll make the bump at the end smaller.

anyway, here's a couple flicks from physh. he couldn't upload them himself cause his blackbook's at my place. so here they are based on his request. he'd like crits too please.
    lol... anything else mr. physh? can I get you a drink or something to eat? are you warm enough? do you need me to send you a heater or snything?
    heh just messin around man. it's no bother

[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...8151_100000507545549_1407758_1838760589_n.jpg

[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...8141_100000507545549_1407759_1034812466_n.jpg

9. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

yeah, you can keep the point, but make it less dramatic, make it so the point is a v but not a v+l. ya dig? the point has a tail, which needs to go. My old word has a v in it, and if i find any of my old throws ill send em to you

10. master of seductions

master of seductions Banned

11. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

lol gemer, no I'm not a girl :confused:

12. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

13. gemer

gemer Senior Member

@ cred that d's much better than the ones before i can see its a d' more than a o'

14. uknowigetup

uknowigetup Senior Member

Really, REALLY basic, almost a throwie, but for some reason I thought it looked interesting. Critz/ Advice please.
    View attachment 621299

15. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

lol this ni99a stays gettin up

16. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

thanks for uploading em bro, and actually i would like a cheese at heart burger from Roadsters.......... oh yeah, i really wouldn't mind tricks at all.............

17. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

why the fuck would i write tricks instead of crits............ ahh too early in the damn morning...

18. master of seductions

master of seductions Banned

its past your bed time get to bed or ill get daddy

19. Bas

Bas Senior Member

@Criscros: Next to maybe going back to slightly simpler letters to start with, work on your inking. Your lines are far from tight. Go over your pencil outlines in a nice, smooth flow. You can practice this by printing other writers' sketches in greyscale and going over their outlines with your black pen.

@Physh: Try to make the lines of your letters a little less straight, go for more flow in your letterstructure. To practice this, try to recreate some of the flows you like from other writers. Also, get your 3D effects to either go in the exact same direction, or to the same vanishing point. There's not shame in using a ruler to see where the lines are supposed to go! Finally, same as Criscros (especially in your Ill Bill sketch): tighten up your outlines. The Bill character is pretty cool, though.

20. 'Crook'

'Crook' Senior Member