Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

i dont feel like the Z fits good in this one but how do the other letters look?

120_0015.jpg

2. centrysam

centrysam Senior Member

thats not bad make all letters level
    the z doesnt fit because the s is round and the z is stright . im sure that theres a way to make it work like that . but as people said befor . u have the advantage because u can flip around the s .

the s is pretty solid . 1 small thing i noticed was that were the middle bar of the s connects to the top round part its sharper than it is on the bottom bend of the s .

ur on the right track . keep crushin pages like this .

3. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

word dude thanks. and yeah im workin on ways to flip that S and make a Z out of it but everytime it looks too much like a 2 to me.. idk ill try it and put one up i guess and see what you guys think.

4. Saltire

Saltire Member

I hate having my post as one of the last ones on a page :(

@SKIZ: I'm not pro or anything but maybe you should work on getting the letters even, cos right now some of them are just floating above others. Again im no pro so feel free to disregard

5. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

yeah i have a weird habit of doing that that i got to get rid of. lol

6. Saltire

Saltire Member

Well then draw parallel lines and that reminds you to keep the letters a certain size and a somewhat straight line. It's what I done with mine, which I shall now bump as im not sure anyone will see it as its on the last page.

7. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

^more advanced than me so I cant really crit what im unsure of .... besides the middle of the u looking sketchy

crits please
    ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120409_224957.jpg

8. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

do em bigger hip3oner! or do 3 a page. bigger = better though. and yours is much better that that fools.
    and crits:
    bars gradually got bigger, pay attention to that shiiit. and the base line isn't that solid. personally i wouldn't have all those extra lines through the letters. oh and there is mad negative space between the P and R, thats bound to happen though when you are doing straights,yeah, just pay attention to shit like that. I like the idea of the tops of the P and R. just work on it, do what you does
    what you had posted before was better overall in my opinion. fux with whatever though to experiment, just don't get stuck on things.

skiz- make the bottom bar of the K go like \

9. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@KOPR i like where you're headed.
    @Saltire ... if you really loved simples you'd go even simpler. way simpler.

Dankbuds likes 'em big.

twoo that are kinda the same kinda different. gonna add the 3d later. @Atma I didn't ignore your crits my man i just inked two sketches i'd done.
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_92385312x.jpg

ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_17818252x.jpg

10. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Lost interest in graff for quite a while and starting to get back into it, first sketch I actually put any effort into, the more I look at it the more I hate it though.
    SAKE.jpg

11. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Magoo52 - Like T isnt too bad but work on the bars on A and F
    Resq - I think the Q would look better if the bars were all attached instead of the line just being stuck on there.
    Skiz - Make your letters in more of a line and maybe extent top bar on K a little bit.
    Saltire - More simple with less of the bumps etc, space out the U a bit more.
    Kopr - Lose the extra bars at bottom of letters.

Can I get crits on this one?
    ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_04_10085819.23b1b9b8ceb59d0e36643efc263e1e37.jpg

12. Axil

Axil Senior Member

2012-04-10 15.13.45.jpg

CRITZ PLEASE Testing out new whiteout pen :)

13. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Simps and 3d etc look ok to me, keep working on it, bubbles would be better with highlights all in same place on each one.

14. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

@willis1989 ill let someone else tell you how to change the style or whatever but id say move your letters closer together the L and E are like seperated from the W and D

15. Saltire

Saltire Member

Okay I'll go simpler guys, and the "U" is a "V" but thanks for the feedback anyway.

@Cred, I really like that second one man. I like the colours and I like how the R flows into the E.

@Spectral I like the 3D but your letters are all outta porportion. Like the A's fat then the S and K are anorexic if you get me.

@Willis1989, same as Skiz, you gotta get rid of the big spaces between the letters

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  16. PETER

PETER Elite Member

^this. Also the outline on the E is thiner than the rest. the W looks wavy (may be th paper) while the rest is primarily straight. Decent. keep workin

17. killroywashere

killroywashere Senior Member

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7219_7064826239_6bb80b9d21.jpg
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7064_6918748500_691be71333.jpg
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7192_7064825939_15e63d9aea.jpg

CRED - you should try out some bars
    spectral - i like that style. the 3d makes it pop
    lewd - that skyline is cool. i straight letter would have looked nice tho
    ROW - your improving
    HIPE - i like your o man
    skiz - your getting clean

18. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

10042012297.jpg
    i fucked it up with the purple, but crits would be interesting.. if you're wondering the i is the arabic A or alef...........

19. killroywashere

killroywashere Senior Member

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7068_6853615256_0e9b3ace62.jpg

this relik is pretty crazy
    check out FTC pittsburgh

20. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned