Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Slushi

Slushi Banned

our world is flawed. Nothing's perfect. Your friend sounds like a pseudo-intellectual coffee-houser.

@Noddles: just because you know how people are doesn't mean you have to be different.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. twotimesfive

twotimesfive Senior Member

Everyone sees the world exactly the same.

The only problem is they all think they see it differently.

3. RetroLikeWhoa13

RetroLikeWhoa13 Elite Member

we have a guy here who writes like that under the name 1.1618.
    if i can remember any of them i will edit them back in.

4. whynot?

whynot? Senior Member

Iv'e thought of this before to . Deriving from the philosophy I think there for I am. besides that we know nothing. Reality is whatever we perceive and beleive it to be. I might not even be typing this right now. I might be a 67 year old hindu man doing a handstand and drinking tea On an acid trip imagining all of this. Im typing right now simply because I beleive I am. If I can find a way to completly convince my self that Im purple. Than I am purple. Factualy to my self.

Koper what did you gain from taking philosophy ? Career wise? And are you less happy as a person? Every I get on a philosophy spree and find my self feeling insane or depressed. Maybe Im just to pessimistic about it

5. germanoutline

germanoutline Senior Member

Extra Terrestrials have manipulated our DNA and humanities direction as a whole for millions if not billions of years.

Hows that for philosophy. We are stagnant water.

6. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

Thats what i think too but...i realized i should not apply this way of thinking on a daily basis cause i mean...thats not practical at all. Its the best way to end fucked cause you think you cant know anything or cause you think that what you know is probably fake. Too much questioning leads to non-action to me and ends with more new problems that solved ones. I dont say that questioning is wrong..i just think it should have limits.

..just like i said^^

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. GIzUrD

GIzUrD Senior Member

word up to KOPER, i also have thought vaguely about perception and reality. i read a report about a man who lived 13 years out in a dream, then woke up.

heres a thought about the "universe"

i came up with this while i was watching the history channel about the creation of the universe. i havent came up with a cool-ass way of explaining this yet, so ill just throw what i have out there.

- Im sure atleast some of you have seen diagrams comparing out planet compared to the other planets in our solar system, then our sun compared to other stars to the point where it becomes microscopic. this puts into perspective how small and insignificant we are compared to other things in the universe. to make a rough estimate, we are individually smaller than an atom in the space of an average sized bedroom. some scientist even say that our universe has boundaries.
    would it not then be possible that our universe could really be what we see as a molecule inside of another universe, and so on. the lifespan of our universe being relative to the time it takes a rain drop to reach the ground, thus putting us into a slower moving time than the greater universe we are apart of. -

well thats it in a nutshell i could have elaborated but i wouldnt want to make it boring.

p.s. i was trippin pretty hard when i came up with this.

8. da_crazy_caucasian

da_crazy_caucasian Banned

9. Baron

Baron Moderator

So the greatest thing you can be is a racist?

10. da_crazy_caucasian

11. Baron

Baron Moderator

If hating your skin is the worst thing
    then
    Believing your skin is superior is the best thing

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  12. da_crazy_caucasian

Not true, not believing in yourself because of race is horrible. It means to have confidence and not believe the shit you hear about you or your people. It has nothing at all to do with superiority. Dont hate your skin, be proud. You can have pride for your race without thinking its superior.

13. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

this is one of those totally mind-fuck moments.

14. Baron

Baron Moderator

All I'm saying is that the other end of that poll is racism and genocide.

and you're a racist

15. da_crazy_caucasian

If your referring to me buddy your wrong. Im one of the most anti-racist people ever.

16. Baron

Baron Moderator

Thats EXACTLY what a racist incognito would want everyone to think!

17. da_crazy_caucasian

What racist listens to Immortal Tech?

18. Baron

Baron Moderator

19. da_crazy_caucasian

Not really, go to bed cunt, quit flaming you asshole, youve just anal fucked this thread.

20. Baron

Baron Moderator

You have just been exposed.