Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

This is different than a completely bite off letters. Some people use for example also cheech wizard that isnt a bite too

2. Bas

Bas Senior Member

I already suspected that, since the colours Mone used where way above what he usually posts. I don't see the problem in copying others in order to progress by learning from what they do, but it would be decent if you say so when you do, combined with a link to the original art.

3. Mori

Mori Senior Member

theres a difference between copying a legacies charos such as vaughn bode becasue most do that as a dedication to the father of a lot of graffiti stylizing. but the artist mone derived his influence would not appreciate the straight photo copy mone created.

4. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

words of truth. you beat me to it, bas... no one would mess with mone if he did that. but unfortunately, he never mentions his sources...

5. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

lololol who the hell cares
    its not like hes braggin that he made the thing up, i just think characters are way different than letters, probably wouldnt paint that cuz its probably one of the more icon flicks but shit from comics and all that are fine to paint and drawing is all practice, so who cares on the character note, letters well..... thats illegal lol

6. extinct

extinct Senior Member

mone has been doin this for a long time.... keep bittin stuff in your books my mentors said.... not like it matters... but atleast make a shout out to the originals somewhere on the page

7. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

honestly thats cool that youre learning from that but I wouldnt post something I traced

8. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

I heard once many years ago if you're gonna bite turn the piece upside-down... just a thought

9. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Lol u fools it is the original idea of mine that Wolverine is writing my Name . Do i really need to reference wolverine from xman? Lol

10. GpersKreepers

GpersKreepers Senior Member

bitch bitch bitch bitch, another mothers meeting on bs,

if he'd of drawn/traced it from a x-men comic/original source there would be no need to reference, we'd assume where its from, but to copy/draw/trace from some one else's adaptation and not reference is very dodgy, end of issue

your welcome

11. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

What ever this is a graffiti forum not a comic book forum and it is not like i copied someones original idea of a. Graffiticharacter i drew a icon character that all should be familiar with i just found a pic of him slashing

12. Kushbombing

Kushbombing Senior Member

Weather or not the shit you copied came from a graff artist or not, it's still a major bite. If it was me I would have made a lot of changes and turned the pic into something of my own. Right now all I see is someone else's art with your name attached. Looks dope tho

13. kwu

kwu Senior Member

you should all wipe your mouths once your done licking the crust off mone's balloon tie

naked exchange 003.jpg
    aner exchange.jpg

14. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Member

wow.....you kids are still going on about Mone.....

15. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Word i'm far from a character writer my main focus is letters and their structure. Characters will come in time. But intil then i will copy characters of my interest not to claim as my own but to make worth while practice and improve my understanding of an image's overall composition. But like i said i am mainly interested in what i can dowith lettering right now , as for made up characters I'll cross that bridge when i get there you feel me? Can you dig it? ¿Comprende mijo? Lol

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  16. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

man why don't you just state where you copied your shit from in the post that contains the picture and keep your slate clean?

17. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

excuse me, im a man

18. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

Kwu looking dope as always but its more sloppy than first. First you did nice clean sketches. But who am i.

19. extinct

extinct Senior Member

kwu... could use less funky extensionss and more bars... to write graffities you need bars

20. Messer

Messer Senior Member

haven't been on here in a while, missed the hate a little bit.
    from new to old:
    afarm9.staticflickr.com_8017_7295992990_b1f11d2509_z.png
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7100_7250567894_80f9aa3d27_z.png
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7062_7137093493_ef84e41f86_z.png
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7265_7106321853_b9052d7ab6_z.png
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7072_6957689312_1c2573e13c_z.png