Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

Trying to blend a warm grey with anything isnt going to work, its gonna make the color look really dirty. What your going to want to do, is darken/saturate one part of the paper more than the other to get a light blending effect. So color the area the same direction all the way down, one time, so it looks streaky, and then take the pen and go over the part you want to be darker a few more times, while lightly coloring the other part of that color to make it not steaky, but not as dark.

Your going to have to be quick, but neat in order for it to work the way I think you want it too. So color it like ud fill it with paint, left to right from top to bottom, then allow more ink to go on the top than the bottom, or whatever direction you want the fade. Understand? IT takes a little marker skill, and the newer the marker the harder to do since a lot of them have a real dominant pigment, so it might take you a try or two. Itd be real hard to do with any kind of dark colored prisma, so your gonna wanna use your medium colors, like a regular green, or orange, or sky blue kind of colors

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

and of course, that technique doesn't work with paint markers such as the molotow 127HS, right? only ink and water based markers?

3. Jaset

Jaset Senior Member

what marker did you use

4. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

definitely not paint pens lol. It will work with alcohol based markers too

5. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

anyone ever get anything good looking from black quikcolor and killz cans? I'm going to home depot soon and looking for some decent black and white paint for throws and such.

6. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

rusto is your best bet, quick color sucks, kilz is decent

7. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

killz paint is sick i like it alot, comes with a pretty nice cap aswell, dont know much bout quikcolor but like masta ribcage said, rusto and tremclad r just solid brands

8. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

What does it mean when someone does a pen "freestyle"? does this mean doing a piece in pen without sketching first? And if so then why when some post a "pen freestyle" you can see where theyve sketched their bars?

9. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

pen freestyles are peices or burner drawn with a pen all pen no pencil sketch under it
    4696743834_fa29fbfdf8_z.jpg
    like that

10. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

Cause theyve sketched it out with pen. I cant vouch for everyone, but when I do them its always pen, but sometimes when I do it lightly idiot people on here think its pencil cause there eyes are no good, or they cant comprehend someone making light lines with a pen, cause that shits impossible to retards apparently

11. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

12. StayHyE

StayHyE Senior Member

whats the best medium to use on canvas? deco/uni's are okay? or just straight acrylic?

13. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Decos are nice.

Can you do two redemptions in one purchase or does it have to be one each?

Nevermind, didn't see the rules on the page. One free item per order.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  14. hotboy

hotboy Member

how do i go about redeeming my credits to get free shit? well, i did redeem them, but i cant figure out what to do next...

15. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

check your junk folder, and find the email from fred@bombingscience. Then tell him your order number, and he'll either approve or deny your request based on your posts quality. Just a heads up, and Ive said this about 50 times now, you have to pay for the "free" item first, and then after its shipped they will refund you the money for that item. If you dont have enough money to pay for the item and the shipping, they will not send you the item. Usually takes em about 2-3 weeks to refund you the $ for the item.

youre welcome

16. Wizard

Wizard Senior Member

why wont it let me use a gif for my sig?

17. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

because you dont know what your doing breh

18. Tempa

Tempa Member

I have a question about posting up some graff near gangs tags will they give a shit if i post near it.
    kinda dumb question

19. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

yes they might.

next question

20. Axil

Axil Senior Member

Whats a good white Marker