Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kayone707, Apr 4, 2007.

Share This Page

1. S P R U E 0 1

S P R U E 0 1 Senior Member

Describe the recondition.
    sand paper? power sander?
    primer type, brand?
    base coat color, brand, etc.

you masked off the whole power train, instead of removal, nice!

it looks like it went through three colors already.

2. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

yeah, i bought it from a friend of mine who painted it in a not so good way, didnt strip the frame down or remove the factory paint, just painted over it. i had quite the time removing all that paint. i started off just sanding it down which, after going through three sheets of paper, didnt get me very far. i went out and bought a can of paint stripper and it did an alright job but it made a huge fucking mess and didnt get rid of everything so i went back to sanding and got most of it off. it was raining outside and i started to see small spots of rust forming on the bare frame so i made the decision to prime what i had already gotten sanded down completely. for the primer i went for the somewhat cheap lowe's brand called Valspar. its actually pretty nice and seems to be getting the job done fairly well. the final color is gonna be Rusto oregano.

haha, and the taping off of the crank and chain is due to a lack of available tools. my biggest allen wrench wasent big enough to get the crank off and even if i were to get it off, i dont have a chain splitter to get the chain off the frame and then back on. so i just figured fuck it, ill tape the bitch up.

i might need to invest in theese however in order to get the whole job done seeing as i cant reach some spots with sandpaper.

3. S P R U E 0 1

cool enough, you gotta do with what you have sometimes. I used to do the same with previous reconditions. i've bought all the tools I needed since then. The small investment makes the process much easier and rewarding in the long run. However, if you plan on doing just one, then you're doing just fine.

4. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

i should buy a large set of allan wrenches anyways, seeing as the ones i have now are scattered throughout toolboxes and paintball gear bags. the chainsplitter i can probably just borrow from someone, it'll just take a little asking around.

this is my first time doing anything with a bicycle to be honest, but i do have a good amount of previous experience with various types of motorized vehicles like dirtbikes and quads and things.

5. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2370_2186712556_76a3236b52.jpg
    Definitely pretty shitty, close to thirty years old, but it gets the job done.

6. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

haha, a friend of mine has a peugeot lying around in their basement that they've never used. maybe ill see if he wants to get rid of it

7. S P R U E 0 1

Your bike is not shitty!

but on the other hand, this bike . . .

View attachment 338114

.. but it's comfrotable and I put a basket up front since this picture was taken, big enough to carry a twelve pack.

8. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

nah robbie that bike is cherry! the vintage shifters can be a pain but like you said it gets it done.

9. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

It has these little friction knobs on the side of shifters and for the longest time I knew nothing about them. So for 6 month I couldn't use the biggest sprocket because the thing would just fall down.

Heres my other bike, a 1962 Schwinn Corvette; it was my dads when we he was a kid. Sorry about the huge ass pictures.

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2125_2234094130_5c7b1cbd8f_o.jpg
    afarm3.static.flickr.com_2105_2234094098_771594077e_o.jpg

10. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

thats fuckin sweeeeet

i garbage picked a scwhinn 1958 green hornet.

in shit conditiion, but come on. fuckin green hornet!

11. DRIPS!

DRIPS! Senior Member

ahhh bikes dope thread i am a junkie for that shit heres my bike and me jumping it
    [Broken External Image]:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1255/sspx0043hw9.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9674/sivertable2xx7.jpg
    cracked my 06 p3 frame and they sent me a new 07 dope
    [Broken External Image]:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/820/treebailae5.gif
    and my old bike man i miss it
    [Broken External Image]:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4725/bigtreestandtc9.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1968/phlatttyovervladikq2.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4190/phatplantim7.jpg

12. S P R U E 0 1

Sweet indeed.
    Dig that classic almond eye swoop frame signature shape frame Schwinn.
    This looks like a current photograph. All stock condition, 'cept the valve stem caps? And missing front reflector?
    Lovely

DRIPS!, looks like full time fun!

13. j-f

j-f Senior Member

i got some Sportchek brand BMX with the 360 handle bar thing..sweet ride but BMX are jus soo uncomfortable specially on long rides

14. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

The photo is indeed current. The whole bike is original excluding the missing front headlamp, the rubber, and it had a luggage rack on the front some 40 years ago. Shame that the back reflector and the head badge are cracked though.

15. DnK/eeK

DnK/eeK Senior Member

16. KASP

KASP Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  17. SKriBL*666

SKriBL*666 Elite Member

Fresh ass vid kasp.

Thats a hot P3 too.

18. KASP

KASP Senior Member

yea dude.
    i got the shit cheap too, for the parts i got.
    haha, buy ur bikes off ex-sponsered riders getting ride of shit haahah

19. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

KASP-
    Mmmm when i was in BC the dry ski slopes looked sick. Do you do downhill on Grouse Mountain? Nice stump jumper in the back Canondale? Havent biked for a few years but i remember seeing canondales w/ the Mono downtube forks.

20. MARVY

MARVY Senior Member

sick fixed!