Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

You Know You're Obsessed With Graffiti When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easydoesit, Nov 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Frase

Frase Senior Member

-when you catch yourself driving around checking up on your shit, even on your tags.
    -when drive around and cant keep from looking under bridges and up high at every building looking for bombs.
    -when you notice when bombs go up right away cuz youre constantly looking out
    -when you've had a lot of paint accidents
    -when you stand in front of a piece and critique it likes its hung up at a meuseum or something

2. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

3. kigo

kigo Member

-When youre a grown ass man wondering if all the paint youve breathed in over the years is gonna make you piss the bed when youre old.(I read the fumes do that when you dont wear a mask)

4. Endzero

Endzero Guest

when you post in a thread like this:p
    you find your head looking everywhere for a "good" spot as you walk
    you pretend to write something random all the time
    you cant sit in a desk without writing (I cant do that.. but I always use pencil so I can erase)
    you stay up just thinking how much you want to get up
    you have this weird itch to write all the time
    you have a stack of paper with just your tags
    and so on..

5. vaginajuice

vaginajuice Senior Member

when you go up to a wall and tag it

6. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

Sitting in the lecture hall during class and drawing all over the table and not listening to even a word of the lecture.

Do this repeatedly sitting at different spots every class.

Have the security heighten up because now there's anti-graffiti stickers all over campus.

That's when.

And you still don't give a shit.

7. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

alright, well idk if this is considered "obsession" but on some days(especailly summer) some of this is more of a daily ritual for me haha
    starting off:
    -you spend a good hour and a half on ebay looking for cheap markers, paint, ect.(amazing stuff on there)
    -you have frequent re-occuring dreams about becoming a moderator on bs
    -you find some of your best sketches come out when you draw them naked
    -you know exactly when the price of paint at the store has gone up or down, what they are carrying now days and whats good and what isnt
    -you have done at least 3 research papers on different aspects of street art
    -you have read the a2planet graffiti guide in its entirety
    -you have to watch to keep from bumping your steel hard on against you wet paint while nearing a finished piece
    -you've filled pages and pages of you class notebooks with various drawings
    ^many of those pages are filled from top to bottom
    -you find yourself making "fatasy shopping carts" of everything you wish you could by from your favorite online graffiti supply store, with everything exact down to the last detail
    -when someone even mentions that they write you automatically start bombarding them with questions to see if its someone you've been looking for
    -a tear comes to your eye everytime you drive/walk by a piece or poster that you or a friend has done on the streets

man i think im out:(
    more to come if i think of any more
    if any of these sound familair speak up lol

8. THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK

THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK Senior Member

9. the.message

the.message Senior Member

-when you go to do your homework and it takes an extra 15 minutes cuz you can't find clean paper...
    -when you can't help but coming onto a graff forum every time you touch a computer
    -when you start taking actual art classes for pointers and new techniques
    -when you accidentally write your tag instead of your signature on a job application... and its in pen so you gotta either find some white-out or re-do it... but then eventually say fuck it what the fuck are they gonna do about it

10. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

when you go to a vietnam memorial and with your finger start taggiging the dust on the memorial of dead soldiers

it was horrible my teacher was pissed

11. dceeserkills

dceeserkills Senior Member

when ur in jail for graffiti and the only thing u have in there to get up is ur nail and u scratch ur name everywhere u can.. hahaha

12. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

it's called trustees, get to know them.

one trustee got my some dull sandpaper when i was locked up. having ups in county ftw.

13. planetaryduality

planetaryduality Senior Member

i keep havin a dream where i find a perfect layup w/ all my fav. frieghts in a crazy medow or some shit...

an my friend gets a tattoo of his dog... ??? wtf?

14. moonboots

moonboots Senior Member

when you walk into home depot and have 3 employees asking you if you need help finding anything

15. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

LOL so damn true.

16. ridingiant

ridingiant Member

when your at work and catch tags in your store or on it. your girl gets mad cause you cant stop tagging when she wants to go for a walk.. those are just a few

17. KireOne

KireOne Senior Member

when everytime you log on your computer the BS forum is your homepage

18. Loki X Sho

Loki X Sho Banned

when every detail in your car is painted, and when you notice the presence of, and comment on graffiti in certain video games.

19. jawsy

jawsy Senior Member

when you realise that the teacher in your maths class has been standing behind you for 10 minutes watching you sketch and you havent realised

20. BATER

BATER Senior Member

i can one up this...when you get arrested for graff and you smuggle something sharp into jail cause you wanna carve on the cement ..LOL!!