Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

You Know You're Obsessed With Graffiti When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easydoesit, Nov 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

Scrap off the sole of your shoes and burn it and then crush the burnt rubber into powder. Mix the powder with your own urine or someone elses if you have a preference. Your own tattoo ink.

2. Juicee

Juicee Senior Member

You know you're obsessed with graffiti when you're obsessed with graffiti and someone tells you you're obsessed with graffiti

3. SKriBL*666

SKriBL*666 Elite Member

Bahahaha, hella second this shit.
    Mad handstyle practice.

4. JustChillin

JustChillin Senior Member

You find yourself looking for graffiti wall to rooftop when you roll down the high way.

You always look for spots that would be sick to do in the future when driving.

You accidently start practicing your tagging and piecing on your school assignments and then finally noticing and having to quickly erase it really good off the paper so the teacher wont see.

You start tagging in the air with your finger.

Your always trying to scratch paint off in between your fingernails that has been there for a week when a cop comes by.

You find yourself correcting other people when they try to pronounce someone elses piece or tag on a wall.

The inside of your pocket is stained with ink and paint.

You have a piece of your first name (John) on your backpack.

5. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

when you're with your best mate, in the middle of talking some heavy shit, stop mid sentence and go "dude, we need to hit there" and instantly start planning, leaving the heavy life issue completely forgotten.
    Tagging dewy cars late at night, just so the owner see's.
    when you know your way through the city based on throwies and spots.
    when your books are trashed.
    When you have an art piece in a gallery, and you've covered the back of it in tags and hollow throws.\
    When your local paint shop instantly asks what can's you need.
    when you go on holiday and start noticing who's up within a day.
    when your biggest fear is never buying paint.
    when you actually pay for shit paint, because racking from the store is too heat, but you really need to go paint that night because you haven't gone on a mission for 3 days.

6. dior

dior Senior Member

when your on the computer you always end up on this site

7. Aidm23

Aidm23 Member

When you recall events by the last time you got up.

"Remember that bitch we saw at the party last weekend?" " Yea! at that party i went to after i bombed the shit outta that freight!"

8. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

when you get up in the middle of the night and stay up for 2 hours to draw out a new style you just thought of

9. DUNSY

DUNSY Senior Member

when youre in a train and try to check out every piece you pass by

10. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

I can easily say this has never happend to me
    maybe like twice

also alot of these are dumb
    I've never signed a handstyle in the place of my name.
    I've also never been unaware that I was writing on my apper
    anymore I jsut do it who gives a fuck what the teacher thinks, they'll probably just think you're artistic

also please stop saying "when you're driving down the road and almost crash cus you're looking at graffiti LOL."

also
    Fucking up notebooks that you tell yourself are going to be used for school
    But you just end up destroying them with hands throws and pieces

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  11. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

well then maybe you aren't obsessed with graffiti, smart guy.
    :p

12. smesta

smesta Senior Member

You had a head on looking at a freight?? That's fucked up man!!:)

13. Germz Yo

Germz Yo Elite Member

you know ur obsessed when
    -ur depression escape is sketching
    -every envelope in your mail is a sticker pack
    -you get angry at kids at skateparks that have haggard throwups of the word case on their skateboard griptape or helmet
    -u dont think shepard fairy deserves all of the hype he gets
    -you think that marc eco is trash
    -u wish your local walmart has a wider color variety of paint
    -the furniture in your room has handstyles on it

14. 603

603 Senior Member

yarbles isnt dedicated
    sucks to be you!

15. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

Was it the whole car with the silver and the green? Because that shit got me. I tripped on the tracks and broke my glasses.

16. Oarsone-FFSC

Oarsone-FFSC Senior Member

you are obsessed with graffiti you go hear to see that your not the only one

17. Larabee

Larabee Guest

Graffiti Pimps & Graffiti Prostitutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRAFFITI PIMP -

A graffiti pimp is that individual who for obvious personal reasons, sponsors the graffiti prostitutes and without any regard and respect for our Culture, continues to perpetuate the racist and classist denigration of our Culture by referring to it as "graffiti."

A "signature" and/or a "masterpiece" were never, nor will they ever be, a "crude drawing," a "scribble," a "scratch," or a "scrawling."

The graffiti pimp is usually a Culture outsider who has never set foot inside a train yard or tunnel to write his or her name or do a masterpiece on a train car, and/or risk his or her behind to the 600 volts of juice that run on the third rail. They've never done all of the above because the graffiti pimp simply put, was never a Writer. This being-an-outsider factor is, by the way, one of the reasons why the graffiti pimp doesn't understand that those of us who are Writers, refer to our art form as Writin' instead of "graffiti."

Graffiti pimps are always searching for and expecting some type of personal reward for their manipulation and mentoring of the graffiti prostitutes that make up the pimp's barn. This reward could be financial, free press, fame, etc.

There are two types of graffiti prostitutes, of the first and the second kind.

GRAFFITI PROSTITUTE OF THE FIRST KIND -

It is the worst of the two kinds. This creature will distort history by selling his / her false soul to a book author or to a film maker and by lying. Making up stories. Placing himself / herself at a place in time that really never existed or will ever exist, a "twilightzonical" situation.

It is the worst of the two types of "g" prostitutes because the film, magazine article, or book in question will remain as a printed record filled with false data for future generations to also be misled.

Of course, this kind of "g" prostitute carries out this type of behavior for personal, selfish gain. But in this mythical and self-serving process, the "g" prostitute of the first kind hurts the accuracy of historical data on Aerosol Art.

The damage is worst if the book or movie in question really takes off and is very successful in the public domain. Obviously, the more people who see or read this prostitute's garbage, the greater the number of people who are at risk of being misled and misinformed, such as it is the case of a lot of people in Europe who became aware of "graffiti" through Hip Hop, and therefore, have been misled to believe the nonsense that "graffiti is one of the four elements of Hip Hop." This suggestion is just as ludicrous as the suggestion that it's Barack Obama's policies which have caused the financial mess we currently face.

Modern aerosol Writing as we know it, was started in Philadelphia and NYC in the late '60s - early '70s. Hip Hop was started in the late '70s. In this case, the chicken absolutely, positively did not come before the egg. Instead, it was the other way around.

GRAFFITI PROSTITUTE OF THE SECOND KIND -

This kind of graffiti prostitute is the one who sells his / her "tag" to be featured on anything and everything from condoms to jeans to skate boards to toilet paper, in order to make a few chump dollars.

This poor creature is just that - poor, and must earn some chump change somehow in order to survive. This is the kind of graffiti prostitute who labels himself or herself an "entrepreneur." The same kind who will sell his/her "tag" for a few dollars @ eBay. Who knows,
    with the advances in technology, it may be appropriate today to refer to this creature as a 'cyber-graffiti prostitute.'

At times, this kind of graffiti prostitute will try to convince a bona fide Writing pioneer from the real Old School of NYC Writing, to join him/her @ eBay for example, in an attempt to ride the historical coattails of the legitimate Old School Writer.

Today, the majority of the public who visit eBay and are not familiar with the true history of NYC Writing, run the risk of being further misled into believing a "g" prostitute's false "historical" hype such as, "Yo!, I started 'bombing' in the early '70s." If the public sees, for example, this "g" prostitute's tag alongside a "Stay High 149" signature being auctioned off for a few chump dollars, the public has very little choice but to believe that the "g" prostitute is indeed a "pioneer" and a "legend."

Although a graffiti prostitute of the second kind has the unethical qualifications to lie about his / her place in time in the history of Aerosol Art, his / her behavior is not as damaging to the history of Aerosol Art as a graffiti prostitute of the first kind's is, but nevertheless, will sell all rights to his / her name without regard for where it may be printed and how often it may be printed, therefore, truly losing out on the full benefit of residual income. Some "entrepreneur," a true loser!

Copyright © 2000, 2002, 2009 MICO ~as~ LATIN PRIDE!

18. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

-when you go in a mission to rack or buy anything that relates to graffiti all day once or twice a month.
    -making a new batch of ink or paint.
    -getting a pack of stickers or usps sticks.
    -seeing new tags,pieces, ect up (when your in a town/little city).
    -watching every train pass by, or hearing the noise you run too it.
    -riding, skating, walking, ect around just to find a new spot to write or slap.
    -when ever someone tells you they or a friend wants something done from you on anything and would pay.
    -you go looking for your past pieces/tags/slaps to see if theres more or if its been buffed or writtin over or if its still there, or you go to the spots where you were last.
    -make new friends and soon find out they write.

im sure ill edit some more later

19. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

Something about that list doesn't appeal to me^^

20. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

so.. am i saposed to cry now?