Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Handstyle Techniques

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Pony_1, Aug 16, 2005.

Share This Page

1. A356

A356 Member

real basic shit, need some help to push it further

sketch.png

2. dont panic

dont panic Member

crits? the letter size difference in the first one is on purpose haha lemme know if its an ok style
    ai56.tinypic.com_28jgvvc.jpg

3. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

yo it looks like youre trying too hard you know what I mean? Like your D in the first one and the R at the end, and them going up real high...those N's are wack too and im not feelin the mouth on the e's..try and keep it simple for now ill get some up for you later

4. dont panic

dont panic Member

alright i went simple lemme know how it looks. the last r extends a lil further before stopping
    ai56.tinypic.com_m7qdf6.jpg

5. dont panic

dont panic Member

6. Skeletor1134

Skeletor1134 Senior Member

sorry but make it even more basic. dont extend the r, and the n is too wide. also youre name is pretty damn long, no offense but you should shorten it.

7. nah!

nah! Banned

go to toy tags ffs this is about writing not posting pics begging for crits

8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

that is a rather incorrect statement. Most writers who actually know what there doing will tell you to learn structure first and start simple no matter what. and its for a good reason. Because once you build the solid foundation 1. a certain style thats all your own and dope will come out naturally, or 2. You will have the technical skill and knowledge to explore many different styles and make them look good. Theres an underlying reason for everything, but add on's and extensions cannot really be explained, they have to be gradually developed over a couple years or more. If you havent read the new to graffiti post you really should. its entertaining and a good source of knowledge to start that foundation on.

Now your right in saying it doesnt matter what other people think. But at the same time do you want to look like a little toy scribbler or have some recognizable flow and flava? When people say go simpler. its because they have all had to do it and seen that it pays off. tags are a lil diff but just dont go over the top or try to hard. other than that stick with bars. you should know what i mean by that if youve done your homework. otherwise do it.

9. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

10. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I just picked up a typography book and have been studying that. Also anything having to do with caligraphy is helpful.

11. killroywashere

killroywashere Senior Member

12. gim

gim Senior Member

IMG_2281.jpg
    help me improve

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I'll try.... fill pages and pages and pages. I would suggest a different name too... the word it's self should have a flow of sorts and I can't even begin to even pronounce that.

14. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

339183_225611087500226_100001540101387_628276_861149343_o copy.jpg what should I do with this.

15. NADA

NADA Member

okay, tryin to develop a style. first, check out some letters that your usin. then write them. then do it again, and again and again and again and again and again and aain and again and then throw decorations on there. eventually it wont look anything like what you started with

16. NADA

NADA Member

use the right side of the M, R, or H and underline the word with the letter. then throw arrows on some of the ends. and dont restrict yourself to all caps either. mix it up bro

17. greenapple67

greenapple67 Member

practice makes perfect
    313458_272797412749790_197882953574570_1065508_1566109786_n.jpg

18. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

19. spiltink

spiltink Banned

hi phillip

[ur facebook here]

(dont post your tags on facebook retard)

normally i wouldnt do this lol

ok i edit it but who knows maybe itl come back???

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  20. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

deserving of a perma-ban.

mac users or not.