Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Olick

Olick Elite Member

id delete that message if i were you.

calling people dumbfucks on the internet isnt very smart

2. Offset

Offset Senior Member

What causes mustard powder to make acrylic and oil paint not separate? I was thinking... maybe I could mix some paint and ink and use mustard powder so it won't separate. Would that work?

3. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

Its an emulsifying agent. its the lecithin that makes it do that. turns it into an emulsion.

Its much better with pure lecithin. Theres other emulsifying agents, but that ones very avalable.

I dont know why im saying this :(

4. fonone

fonone Senior Member

if only i was half as intelligent as bizerk-iz. :(

5. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

Hhahahahah :D

Love you. thanks for that. *sigged* :D Its just experience i suppose.

ah fuck it. its all of it :p

Im in the mood for being how i used to be now. someone ask me stuff :p

6. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

biz i just got sum garvey and this lil thing of water based violet ink. and i was wondering why soem water based inks just liek bead up on metal or non-pourous surfaces liek plastic, but some dont? why is thiss?

7. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

Its all deppendant,

It could be many things really, Some likely reasons are the inks to thin, or even the pigment/dye iteself.

but more than likely, its the chemical bonder/addhecive they use.

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

thanksss, and i was wondering, liek ink companies liek oink or anybody else who makes alcohol based inks, what do teh yuse to make it? liek whats in ink? i mean do tehy just use liek raw pigments, dyes, a base, and liek meth blue ect?

ASLLsoo in theory if soemone used denatured alcohol to thin gk, and as a base for ink, then wudnt tehy be able to mix? liek without mustard powder, sicne tehy have th same base?

9. Olick

Olick Elite Member

nope =D just because u thin it with alcohol doesnt mean it turns into the base. most oil based paints have a linseed oil base. so i guess they wont fully mix. but most likely itll separate over time?

i just hope biz doesnt say im wrong =[ hahah

10. GaZm13

GaZm13 Elite Member

Any one else tried the Smash Ink? I have been using it a little. Seems to work pretty well.

11. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

why the heck does the ink in a cold sweat smell so rank

12. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

its the bitumen, i honeslty am still not sure how they put tar in a marker but yea read about it....

Bitumen, any of various naturally occurring mixtures of hydrocarbons and their nonmetallic derivatives. Examples include crude petroleum, asphalt, and tar. Bitumens are characteristically dark brown or black and contain little nitrogen, oxygen, or sulfur. Commercially the term bitumen refers chiefly to hydrocarbons in a solid or semisolid state, but in a wider sense it refers to all natural hydrocarbons, which may also occur in a liquid or gaseous state.

Bitumen, distributed in various locations throughout the world, is found in all geological strata formed from Precambrian time to the Quaternary Period. It consists of decomposed marine organisms that settled to the bottom of sea basins and mixed with silt and sand. As these deposits were buried over the course of millions of years, the pressure and temperature rose, turning the skeletal shells to limestone and transforming the rest of the organic remains into petroleum and natural gas. Petroleum deposits are found in sedimentary basins rich in organic material that has been buried long enough for oil to form. Natural asphalt occurs in lakes and pits where petroleum has seeped up through cracks in the rock basin below. In antiquity, bitumen was the Roman name for an asphalt used as a cement and mortar.

definition courtesy encarta

i actually love that shit

13. fruitless-almagamation

fruitless-almagamation Member

ya its hella thick and black in its asphaltum state but you can thin it with lighter fluid.

14. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

jet is that DR as in the DR in reno?
    destroy reno?

15. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

16. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

17. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

those are clean and opaque,

anyone got illa buff pics, bet there pritty nasty.

18. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

espically red... motherfucker ruined my buff test board.

19. Jet

Jet Elite Member

Na DRC Miami FL

DoktoRs
    Drinkin and Rackin
    Deadly Regime
    Dirty Rotten

etc etc....

20. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Damnn, that ink came out hella clean. Were you using that with his mop or your own mop?