Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

it is

action flix today or tomorrow

pm if you wanna buy

olick gets some for free!

2. Olick

Olick Elite Member

whoohoo. id like to learn more about it though.

3. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

whats its base? and its paint right?

4. Olick

Olick Elite Member

i just wanna kno the thinner to paint ratio.

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

oh is it just like rusto or acrylic?

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

bitches

in other news... i think i may delay the release of my ink. The manufacturer of one of the ingredients I use is kinda sketchy. I don't want them to start asking questions or raise suspicion if im ordering gallons of the stuff, so therefore I think I'm going to have to find a different source. Not to mention i only had like 2 pints of ink and thats just not going to cut it for a first batch release. I need to make profit pronto. We're talking gallons.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  7. Olick

Olick Elite Member

:(
    you could just say ur in business and its one of your ingredients.' DURR!!!!

u not vandalizing anything. u just supply. :)

8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Word^ i wouldnt think it would be an issue. Selling graff ink is not a crime using it is

9. Olick

Olick Elite Member

unless the chemicals in the ink are illegal. =D but yeah. it doesnt even have to be for graffiti. just say its for stamp ink or w/e. what people do with ur product is thier problem

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

what chemicals are illegal? ive never heard of illegal chemicals unless theyre liek radioactive or soem shit haa

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

some places dont allow selling chems to minors "like me" if they catch u with it then sumthins up lol.

some quesiton bout xylene based inks and making ghetto smash ink.

k. smash ink is a xylene based paint. but compared to other liquids this one does not stain but it is xylene based. sooooooooo if someone "vagrant" knows a xylene based recipe, is it possible to instead of adding dyes to add pigment and some gloss to make VERY thin opaque ink? just like smash ink

:D

12. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

oh yea i see what u mean. and for xylene based ink, or any ink for that matter its all up to you, pigmented with no dyes will be very opaque, but will nto stain at all, and is basically a paint. but the more you thin it, the less opaque, which is why inks have dyes, so that they can be thin enough to flow well through a marker. so if you wanted a highly pigmented ink, then just id say have lots of pigemnt for sure, but also put in some dyes so that it doesnt compeltely loose color with viscocity

13. Olick

Olick Elite Member

i "and someone else =D" want to create somethin like smash ink. thin opaque and flows through markers.

titanium dioxide i believe is a white pigment. i found it in all of rusto's paint. maybe it could be used to set a white base and then start adding the colored pigment for bright colors?

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

u mean you and montana painter? ahha its not soo hard, id go with alcohols though, becuse then you can use acrylic polymer emulsion, as with oils it would be a lot harder, also most dyes(which you will probably want) are more soluble in alcohols and water.

15. Olick

Olick Elite Member

i just have no idea how to make inks "from stratch" i get the main idea. create a clear solution and add dyes n shit like that or w/e. just smash ink is somethin different which i want to create. lol

btw. everythin u just said made no sense to me =[

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

haha well for starters, before you move to xylene, learn how to make paint from scratch. liek go to your art store, and go to the acrylic paints isle. then in that isle they have emulsions which are mediums that make it so that the pigments dont separate from teh mixture. if you just add pigments to water or xylene, thjey wiull just sink to teh bottom, emulsions are what keep it in the mixture, and make it so that its all together. in short, it makes 2 un-mixble thing mixible. Then once youve mastered that, then you can go on and fine out how to thin it out, while still keeping opacity, maybe adding dyes of the same color

17. Olick

Olick Elite Member

i kno the simple stuff of creating oil paint. the ones in metal tubes. but thats just linseed and pigment. nothin special. ill look into emultions n shit thanks lol. nemore info =D

18. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

umm idk much either, but i do know about acrylic emulsions. you shoudl look to see what soem good emulsions for alcohol based shit are, becase linseed oil is already too thick to flow through a marker well, and so is acrylic, so i would look about finding alcohol emulsions, but you will most likely need some basic dyes for ur ink. basic dyes are basically what we call stainers, liek gv, meth blue, and malachite green are all basic dyes. they'll help add color to ur ink, and keep it super thin

19. Cesk

Cesk Banned

I just got 1lt of silver oil-based silver paint.
    What's a good silver recipe besides using the gk method. I want it to be a bit thicker than GK and for it to stain a bit more. Ideas? :D

20. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

if you're using mineral spirits as your thinner, the gk will stain fabric.. so go hit up ralph lauren.