Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

what is your take on stencils?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by REMIX8604, Nov 23, 2011.

Share This Page

1. spiltink

spiltink Banned

ribcage speaks truth

i hope all hipster street fags get caught by a real writer

2. Walt

Walt Senior Member

fuck art fags

3. Leary

Leary Member

Actually i was fucking around with a new throwup dumbshit. and its not a fact its your oppinion. And whya re you so obsessed with my age. All i can say is im defanatly out of highschool.

4. ribcage

ribcage Banned

ooo throwie stencil? good for you. Out of highschool? Well you dont represent your "age" very well. Thats why im curious. this ^^^ seems like something a child in middle school would say.

5. Leary

Leary Member

Ribcage if you must know my background i've been writing on and off for 4 years and only picked up stencils for shits and giggles about 2 months ago. So to answer your question no not a stencil throwie you twat. As for your critique of my age i dont think its the place of a 41 year old to be calling people a faggot and such. To me it seems that you are the one who argues like a little middle schooler.

6. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

To be honest I hate seeing stencils. No skill, it's like tracing something you've drawn, over and over.

7. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

Also almost all of them are bit images.

8. ribcage

ribcage Banned

lmao, some people are just not very bright...

9. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

haha i wanted to tell his dumbass

10. Nozirev

Nozirev Senior Member

this is just asking for a battle

11. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

IMPORTANT UPDATE!
    whilst stencils are still undeniably gay........this is pretty fuckin funny 1792.jpg

12. spher

spher Senior Member

hahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13. cautionflamable

cautionflamable Member

Personally, i use stencils and i do free hand..sometimes i even do both on one piece..the thing is that if you stencil you should make it original. i sketch a piece on a manilla folder and cut it out with a hobby knife.. stencils thart are the artist own creation are cool but the stuff with copying something off of google is lamee, i have seen several throw ups by diff dudes that have the same stencil image...be original and make your own image,,

14. Culture_Shock

Culture_Shock Senior Member

Stencil work is just like bombing, theres the good stuff, and theres toy shit. Anyone who hates on them is either jealous because they think that stenciling is cheaper and easier ups than what they're doing(which may or may not be true depending on the circumstance), or are simply closed minded. That being said, if your stencil isn't big or complex enough that you consider the need to wheatpaste it, it's probably some lame shit.

15. unknown87

unknown87 Member

I tend to like stencils, you can go to either somewhere busy, slap it up, spray then get on your way. id the stencil is of monkey holding a bannah it has no point and i agree that they are pointless but if you put one in a place where people can relate to it, i.e. a eyeball with the lettering i see you near a tolite or near a cctv it can be a amuseing piece that catchs the eye, i think old graff artists done tend tolike them and ar stuck in old roots but people will always ave there thoughts over them, in all i love them myself. Unknown !!!

16. Fang

Fang Senior Member

I've only used stencils on side walks. Cut out the bottom of a paper bag, make the stencil, and tape it to the bottom of the new paper bag. I'll bend down to "look at my bag", spray it real quick, and walk on lol

17. earf

earf Senior Member

stencils are always street art in my opinion
    never grafff

18. Jade1997

Jade1997 Member

when stencils are done well and hand drawn, they're nice. Stencils are good for putting stuff up in places where you need to do it fast. Personally, i really like stencils for that reason.