Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. krutch

krutch Member

Yeah, stupid me, I had too many tabs open in the browser. Should have been posted in THIS thread

2. V3da

V3da Member

3. V3da

V3da Member

oh and REMS I like your name idk about flow wise, but REM as in the sleep is fucking sweet man.

4. HORSEthefan

HORSEthefan Member

Arzo, i think you should try to make all your letters the same size, and even on the bottom.

Willis1989/Wise, i like your throw, but the "w" seems off to me. maybe try some different styles.

Rems, not gonna lie the mario throwie is way doper than the second one. id go out and paint that one just for shits and giggles, cause its pretty original(sp?)

couple of less than sober sketches from the last few days.

[Broken External Image]:http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/4940/picture0004r.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4332/picture0005e.jpg

5. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

Seriously, guys? Can we just

6. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

7. HORSEthefan

HORSEthefan Member

Alright, so besides this deeply thought provoking and in-depth constructive criticism, any other tips? its not like i think my shits good, hell i know its pretty awful right now, but ive only been writing for like a month and wouldn't mind learning how to improve a little instead of having online douchebags insulting me without any useful information or coherent thought.

8. V3da

V3da Member

9. appleseed

appleseed Member

Yo dude. See the guy above the dude you're yellin at? He said 'cant we just...' and the other guy said 'stop writing graffiti?'.

... You should think before you accuse people.

10. appleseed

appleseed Member

Take your time on that shit man, make it look clean. Even if it's on paper.

11. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

12. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

You bit this directly from the internet. Don't do that.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9733/throw.png

To wise, that's better, try losing the wings on the w and doing something with the i

13. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Thanks for the advice, I didnt know wot to do with the W without making it look like every other bubble W

14. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

15. HORSEthefan

HORSEthefan Member

my bad, i suppose i jumped the gun on that one. I was just getting annoyed at the lack of real critz, and the overabundance of insults/sacrastic comments.

phillip m, no hate man.

Hey Sbal, good catch on that bite lol, i know bitings frowned upon but i wanted some tips to sort of make it my own, just cause i love the big overextended tops on those letters.

smokeitup/dkode, i dunno if youve done fills yet, but i think that would have looked nicer filled in then outlined in a different color, that way you dont see other tags poking through the hollow parts.

[Broken External Image]:http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9159/picture0009l.jpg

if at first you dont succeed... sketch sketch again...

16. RaveCat

RaveCat Member

Chill Horse, we're toys, they're supposed to go hardcore on us, how the hell we're supposed to learn other way??
    Yeah, they can say it the nice way like 'Fuck yeah, that's great dude, but myb if you changed this lil' thing?' some would go 'Heeeell no, if it's so great like u say, why the f would I change it??'
    Soo, they go lil' harder like 'That sucks, yo skillz are shit, if u even have any, start all over again u toy', n u get mad, n u write, n u write, n u write... N one day your skillz get mad, you make some ill piece just to make em stop. Right? Damn right!
    Just my opinion, no hard feelings
    Keep it real!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  17. Romikxx

Romikxx Senior Member

18. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

19. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Learn to draw straight, clean lines.

20. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

That kinda looks the joint I did against NoCanControl.

[Broken External Image]:http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/DirtyBed/Photo96.jpg

Any way, when doing an R that has that little kick, you don't just draw a circle.
    I can't really describe how to do it by using words, so I guess I'll just bump this youtube video (or slideshow rather) of Skuf from New York.

/Lolbite

See how he starts the K near the bottom part of the S?
    Follow that, and you'll be able to see how the kick thing is done.

Straighten up that M too, it looks all droopy.

Oh, and don't sketch your throws, EVER.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010