Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Meet Other Writers

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by imported_admin, Sep 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. L33ch

L33ch Member

Dats cool every where i go i c stop signs tagged up sumtin krazy. So i know thier from my neighborhood.

2. Cranium

Cranium Member

I just got some of my boys together and started bombing lol. They're learning fast, i mean all but one but practice makes perfect.

3. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

Went solo for a year and a half,then my one of my friends got inspired by me,somehow he knew mad people and I got my contacts from there.Youtube too,but its a bit
    sketch.

4. lsqfi2003

lsqfi2003 Banned

5. Necklace39

Necklace39 Banned

6. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Skateparks, chill day spots, and flickr.

7. APE 352

APE 352 New Member

I usually look for people that sorta fit the appearance of a writer, or seen them draw something and asked them if they were a writer, if they said no, then I knew they weren't.

8. otis nixion

otis nixion Member

or they just dont want to give away there status ha

you meet other writers in your mothers bedrooms

9. iDeemyouSiren

iDeemyouSiren Member

Same as red eyes usually in my city the skate park is where most writers go and chill

10. mrboosh

mrboosh New Member

anyone here from birmingham uk?

11. rasta tagger

rasta tagger Senior Member

It's hard meeting writers in my town, there's only a few that I know of and they don't paint that often. There was one guy who did a lot of throw ups around town but he was a total douche, he wrote 'dush' haha. But when I wasn't too great he crossed over some of my shit.

12. prefer

prefer Banned

i've met writers a couple of ways. one, tell people like your freinds your into graffiti, they'll often times hook you up, two, draw your art in public like on paper, really sick writers have approached me when i've been doing those things and said damn man you write then bingo!

13. darkck

darkck Member

just bought my ticket for gatecrashers at new year, my mates go uni there

oh and as for meeting other writers - paint more. theyll find you.

14. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

Some toy came and wrote on my street that i live on, should i tag over him cause im really tempted to.

15. prefer

prefer Banned

is he good or does he suck?

16. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

^^^^ Wow, if he wouldent be a toy if he was good. I wouldent tag over it just because you dont wanna start unnessisary beef. just leave it be.

17. CrAzOnEr!

CrAzOnEr! Senior Member

ohh yea and dont try to set up a meeting online because they will think you are the cops.

18. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

he sucks horribly if they didnt sand blasts that shit over night, ill go get a flick, im thinking i might just go out there with a bottle of windex and a towell to wipe it off like literally this shit is horrible
    i see what ya sayin weak, but this kid litterally toyed up my whole neighborhood, like everything was hit

19. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Man, dont worry about it, Theres no use in getting your hands dirty over some small toy thats gonna fall off in the next year. I got the same shit round me, just like sharpie magnum garbage. Just sit back and let them ruin there names.
    A good aspect of meeting writers is just take your time. I mean it in a sense of dont come up to quick. You gotta make a name for yourself, Whats the point in meeting other writers if you you cant write for jack shit.

Example: A new writer comes out of no-where and goes all out painting alot of hot spots with super toy shit and ruins his name, Do you think big writers are gonna wanna paint with him and meet him? They might wanna meet him but not for the right reasons, so just take your time and put in work they will come to you.

20. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Start going over everything thats good till they wanna meet up and kick the shit out of you!