Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

really diggin the M and the E on that one actually, the U and S are hurting tho. i suggest not to lean the U so much to the side and even out the bar widths on the S a bit more and the whole thing needs a bit more flow. i also think that 3D woulda looked better than drop shadow , but hey thats just my opinion brah. keep it up

2. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

Genome is lookin fresh

canvas imma get on
    DSC04902.jpg

3. Female

Female Senior Member

Bump. Do I need to go more simple.
    @genome Looks fresh.

4. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

Mues - Maybe try making the other top of the U taller and the bottom of the S is too big.
    Sore - R and the E look pretty good, O is thinner, and the S just looks bad.
    Multi 1 Small.jpeg
    C looks horrible I know. Crits on these?

5. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Strange Journeys- You going diagonal on that???

6. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

MN nice- your E sucks

7. theking

theking Senior Member

crits for EVERYONE one this page: SUCKIT!!!!!!!
    screenshot20110828at911[1].jpg times.jpg
    SORRY I JUST GOT PISSED FOR A SEC

8. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

you suck cock man,

vigo, nah me and my homie are gonna go straight with it
    ill cut int othe purp up top and hell cut into jack

9. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

you can't go simpler, but your shadows ARE off.. and the superman diamond HAS to go dude... or girl.. whatever you are. might have to call you "it"

10. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

My bad tasty haha. Didnt see that shit sorry, and I mean I pretty much only do simples dude. You don't even know. I do 1 piece or other drawing compared to like 50 simples all different. BUT IM WORKING ON IT. Did this in math lol it looks funny
    6142278798_c508f9e72e.jpg

11. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

now thats on point (more or less). some of the bar widths are a little weird, but not bad all in all. from there you can start adding minor extensions and connections, and slowly evolve that style/.

12. Mischuf

Mischuf Member

i actually posted my last post (like 3 pages back, soopakalafrajilistik...) cos i was wondering about lining the letters up (and for the practice... DUH!). I didn't line em up much cos i reckon it makes the shadow look like an uninteresting block, especially in something with lots of letters that have a solid bottom. Having the letters climb over each other a bit means i can have some corners and stuff showing up in the shadow. Also i just dont flow ruler even and never have. So i was looking for oppinions on whether slightly uneven letters for a more interesting shadow is a bad idea, and whether i should work on getting my flow ruler straight or just go with it since it IS my real flow.

For the record, everything before that post was during a slight weed dry spell and i swear i forgot what the fuck i was trying to do. After i got back on the sticky i remembered that i normally rock a line like superkalafrajilistik in about 2-3 mins add about 2 more for shadow. Simply speaking, i wasn't flowing from letter to letter, i was trying to emulate a stencil. I don't normally write anything like that. I'm uber embarressed. Not that i think anything i've done since then is any better, just more ME.

Not that i condone drug use...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  13. nickelbagger

nickelbagger Member

this is my first little throwup sketch i guess, just a random word i wrote, whats good, whats bad

IMG_0317.jpg

14. PETER

PETER Elite Member

because the shadow from the half way point down is off. The bottom protion of the s and left side of the bottom of the O go the wrong direction. I agree with tasty, start experimenting a bit, but when it comes to 3d and shadows you gotta be careful it can make a simple look good or just make it look bent in odd directions etc. Attention to detail is key. Work it out.

nickle: I suck at throws bad so you may not wanna listen too close.... but maybe try something like this. sliprefix.jpg red is suggested lines, pink I think should be dropped all together and blue are suggested connection points. guys you wanna crit my crits as I suck at throws?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  15. pointman

pointman Senior Member

16. nickelbagger

nickelbagger Member

thanks for the tips pete, yeah after i was done and looked at the day after i thought the arrows shouldnt be there either, making it too complicated, AND they are both kinda facing the same direction without even lines

17. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

18. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

pointman - i like it, the background kinda reminds me of puke though

pez - the only good letter is the A in the middle, so make all the rest simple like that

did this on some tree bark i got from my back yard :p, crits please
    ewal wood.JPG

19. sir.to.you.

sir.to.you. Senior Member

20. LiveFreeDieFree

LiveFreeDieFree Member

IMG_7685.jpg IMG_7689.jpg IMG_7690.jpg IMG_7691.jpg IMG_7692.jpg

Positive and negative criticism is welcome and encouraged. Thanks!