Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Happend To The Art In Graff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CUDA-Guerrilla Krew<---, Mar 25, 2006.

Share This Page

1. BANG BRO

BANG BRO Senior Member

2. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

who says you cant have and "artistic" style with throwies...
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_SkeetSkeet99_graphme.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_SkeetSkeet99_graphme1009.jpg

3. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

I hear exactly what your sayin man [/b][/quote]
    yeah tell me about it, just so you didnt know im a chick ^^, but yah i do everything its getting warm here so ill post some new stuff

4. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

why ask that question when others question whether it is art?

5. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

i decided to bumpeth upon thee, for lulz and whatnot.

the art in graff is as existent as the one who writes it. people have this misconception that all graffiti artists are in this shit to do 30 color wildstyle burners that you can't read. i like peicing for freights, as i can take my time, and throwups and straight letters in heated spots where there's traffic. but in the beginning of graffiti, the idea of it was the "art" of "i see julio 204 alot here, or taki 183 here. the whole multi-colored scheme-3d peicing came alot later, and as much as someone will talk shit on "biting".. it all started with simple letters that people copied from signs.

6. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

k, you know how everyone goes on about flow? That's what makes it art. even a basic tag is art if it has flow, man.
    Personally, i think the reason graffiti is hated by general public, is beacause it's the hardest artform to really understand. Once you (this is not directed at any one person) understand that the whole point of graffiti is to make letters 'flow' it all becomes art. So really, your question isn't ''where has the art gone?'', it's ''where are the peicing spot's in this city?''.
    pizzowned.

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

???

Ja pieces. It just seems like not alot compared to like how many throws he has. And NYC was one of birthplaces of style, all the "East Coast Subway Styles" started there.

Dur-hur-hur.

8. PeeInTheShower

well, keep in mind. art comes bearing a very broad definition. you can take a picture of a cigarette sitting in an ashtray and it's considered art. there's a picture somewhere in a museum of an ashtray full of cigarettes that someone snapped a photo of when he thought he recognized "art". please, if anyone knows the name of the picture, sing out.

edit:ja isn't toy because he has the heart to go wreck regardless of the circumstances, and he gets up with clean ass shit, everywhere. all city king status.

and all the fuck boys who say "shut up with your rich ass"... ja has it made, his father's a famous movie director, and ja used to be an actor. he played in karate kid3, gone fishing, and another movie i forgot. the more you know...

not to be funny here, but since art has a very broad definion, can you have diahrrea flow and call it art? i mean, as long as you view it as "art". you could have diahrrea in a shot glass and take a black and white photo and claim you're an artist.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  9. stevefrench

stevefrench Senior Member

i dont know about art leaving graffiti :confused::confused: but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TulUYXld_IE :D

10. dior

dior Senior Member

i just loledinmypants

11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

Whats his name, I wana verify this :O

12. stevefrench

13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

14. PeeInTheShower

rocky 5! that was the movie. haha, buddy played a drug addict in rocky 5, a meathead in karate kid 3, and i've never even thought of seeing that shitty mediocre "gone fishing" flick.

15. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

i think that only the most dedicated graffers still do pieces, mostly because of how fast they are buffing people now a days. like this morning i wanted to kill my can so i did a quick throwie on a wall. so i get out of school and go to show my friends my throwie and its been buffed out already, so in a matter of 8-6 hours my throwie got buffed. so imagine you spend a whole 5 hours doing a single piece and then you go home go to bed and when you wake up the next morning you go to the spot where you did your piece and its already buffed out thats gotta put your hopes down. don't get me wrong i love pieces, the whole reason i started graffing was because i used to see these amazing pieces on my way home from school or just riding on the freeway and im like thats gunna be me someday but right now imma leave the burners, pieces, and wildstyles to the kingz.

16. PeeInTheShower

you've said enough... just go.

amedia.ebaumsworld.com_picture_Tarkus_FacePalm.jpg

17. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

PITS why are you always trying to start drama with people?
    do you have a.d.h.d.?
    are you insecure about yourself?
    do you just not like people on this website?

18. PeeInTheShower

actually, i just think it's really fucking faggy to do graffiti so you can show your friends. but hey, what do i know? it's not like i've ever touched a spraypaint can in my life. i just sit on these forums all day.

and actually i think adhd is a made up disorder for an everyday teenager with an overprotective family to give more and more money towards getting the president's dick wet. in a sense.

insecure? no. i'm quite happy with the size of my weiner.

and no, i just don't like you, because you show your graffiti you did to your friends, so you can get mad uber dope props.. i can hear you now "damn, i did a throwie right here! now it's buffed!" your friends: "bullshit you don't do graffiti" you: "bro i swear! look i'll do it again tonight! i'll show you tomorrow!"

i kinda killed it, but hey, whatevsys

19. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

okay i'll stop being a faggy boy and showing my friends my hit-ups and let them find them themselves, now leave me alone

20. stevefrench

wait a sec..

are you from 818?