Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Plus, are you really fucking serious about the environment? You do graffiti, for fuck's sakes. You know what makes ink? Oil. You know what makes plastic? Oil. That fucks up the environment much more than a little aerosol.

Use paint.

2. SETRIXTER

SETRIXTER Member

can anyone recomend an easily obtainable marker with big drips? cheers

3. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Kiwi Shoe Polish mop. cheers.

4. Raisedbywolves

Raisedbywolves Senior Member

5. TFSA

TFSA Senior Member

6. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

thoes markers r fuckin sickkkk

7. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

I've bought a couple "good" markers and they are super streaky. I just would like to know if there is just a solid, non streaky, beast of a marker.

Does anyone know of any?

8. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

9. jassmoniaa

jassmoniaa New Member

Why do people tell kids not to sniff markers, and then factories make scented markers? Doesn't that go against the whole point?
    Pro Cleanse
    Forex Trading

10. markingz.

markingz. Banned

only thing that needs to be said in here thank you

11. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

will black marsh and garvey mix work in a pilot?

i dont want to try it and fuck up the whole marker

12. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Both ink.. I would assume so. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

13. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

yea cause unoe marsh is kinda thick so i dont know if it would flow threw the pilot

14. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

if you thin it down like 2/3 garvey and 1/3 marsh

should be thin enough to run through a pilot

if it's still too thick, thin it down some more

edit: i need that 6mm montana

drool drool

15. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

This goes a little off-topic, because this thread mostly covers shit for bombing. But I wanted to ask how to not fuck up your paint markers etc. used for blackbook/canvas work. The thing is that every time I do a canvas, I fuck some of the markers up, and it's quite a waste of money.. the tip gets covered with wet paint and "clogs".. so no paint comes out from the marker. Is there a trick, like letting the marker tip sit in a paint thinner for a while or something? (sounds logical though lol) If I would wait for all the paint to try, it wouldn't be a problem .. but most of the times, i don't have the patients, especially when I want to get some finer details down, but the overall things is still wet (previously covered with spray paint or some other media)..

And for the big drips guy, just make a shoepolish mop, or any other mop.. I think most of that shit drips the same, you should get those little krink type mops everywhere, if you're from the states.

16. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

Different marker question....

ok i havent done any graffiti in over 15 years, yes that makes me an old man in some of your eyes lol.

I am looking to buy some decent markers , in my area i have the choice between Copic Ciao's, Prisms, Letraset's and the Touch sets.

Money wise the letrasets are the best deal but i havent seen maky people on here gabbin about them so i dont have any feedback to use as a reason to buy. copics are a bit on the high end and i would rather not spend that much for something i still consider a hobby.

without throwing out the "Crayola or Sharpie" responses i am looking for which ones people think blend best and lay down evenly without showing overlaps on fills

thanks for any serious replies

Boom

17. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

prismas are what ive been working with as far as the blending and i suck ass at it, been trying countless techs n still not satisfied...other markers i use work decently tho...take that into consideration

18. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

thanks for the quick input.
    when your doing your blending how are you going about it?
    something similar to thils tutorial? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyVRzZZZQ ) seems the speed of swapping colors and keeping the paper wet give the best results from most things i see. i am looking to pull off smooth gradient fills and color transitions within my pieces. and need to learn the techniques as when i dropped out of the game last time i was using colored pencils with fine line pens for outlines.. oh my how things have changed over the years lol

19. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

ok made the investment

cracked out for a 36 set of copic ciao's should be here by monday. hopefully ya
    will see a few things from me over in the toy forum next week till i get my flow back..somehow i dont think my old assed style will float on here for long so i am gonna have to learn a few new tricks along the way.

20. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

how much did that 36 set cost? i use OTR graphics and my set was $75... i know copics are expensive as shit... u can find my set hereREPLACE the ******** with a r t p r i m o ...

and as for blending colors, its really the paper that matters from what i heard in the tickz ms battle... his shit looks super clean and he said this...

Last edited: May 18, 2010