Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Techs, Tips, and Tuts.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by (SoS)Viruz, Aug 18, 2009.

Share This Page

1. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

I see a lot of questions that are asked such as.......
    "What makers do you use"
    "How do you blend them"
    "How do you do cracks"
    "Do you use paint on your sketches"
    "How do you get such fine lines"
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Toy questions or not they are commonly asked. So I felt we should have a thread dedicated on answering and helping out with those commonly asked questions.

As you all know their are different Techniques. Such as:

-Tracing paper(Transferring your sketch to furter ink it with out the mess)
    -Blending markers
    -Using Oil Based paint for fine DETAILS (Artist like Cortes)
    -Proper Marker usage, for less streaking.
    -Preservative for those 3D style or even for Drop shadows
    -Many more!!!:cool:
    *******So fill free everyone to post those tutorials and lets get it started******

(I start off with something I found)
    This Tutorial, if used correctly, can help you ALOT in adjusting your graff pieces. If you dont understand it, look closely at the examples... Examine each diagram carefully, and apply it to your pieces to make them look as if they are in different angles..

One Point Perspective​

One point perspective takes one of the three sets of parallel lines of the cube and projects them to a point, a VANISHING POINT. We will say this is the North direction. The other two sets of lines of the cube continue to run parallel and unaltered. This vanishing point can also be considered where your eye is located in relation to objects found on this page. This location of the eye or (vanishing point) becomes the place where cubes shift across in space to show their opposite side, from right to left and from above you to below you.
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_BS_20Battles_onepointperspec_drawing1.jpg

Two Point Perspective

Two point perspective uses two of these three sets of parallel lines of the cube. It projects one set of parallel lines to the North point and the second set of parallel lines to the East vanishing point. In two point perspective, the third set of lines continues to run parallel. In this case, they run straight up and down. Notice the two points we are using, North and East, are 90 degrees of our horizon. This HORIZON LINE is also the EYE LEVEL LINE. The eye is better to use because if you are underground or in outer space there is no such thing as a horizon but there is always a location of your eyes (eye level).
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_BS_20Battles_twopointperspec_drawing.jpg

(I'll finish up in a bit)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Three Point Perspective​

Three point perspective uses all three sets of parallel lines of the cube. Similar to two point perspective, one of the sets of parallel lines aims toward the North point and the other set aims toward the East point. The third set of lines projects toward the Nadir point (below you) or the Zenish point (above you). Either Zenith or Nadir can be used with the same grid by spinning the three point perspective grid 180 degrees. You can project all of these lines with a straight edge.
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_BS_20Battles_threepointperspec_drawing.gif

Four Point Perspective​

Four point perspective can be thought of in a couple of different ways. First, we use the same logic it takes to get to three point perspective. But if the cube we are looking at is very tall and projects above you and also goes below your eye level, these up and down lines must project toward two points. Not only does the cube look fat in the middle, it also seems to get smaller as it goes above and below your eye level. These lines, which used to be the up and down parallel lines of the cube, are now curving in like a football coming together at the Zenith and Nadir points. If you were on the twentieth floor of a skyscraper, looking out the window at another skycscraper, forty stories high, you would see this type of effect.
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_BS_20Battles_fourpointperspec_drawing.gif

Five Point Perspective​

This system of perspective, using five points, creates a circle on a piece of paper or canvas. You now can illustrate 180 degrees of visual space around you. It captures everything from North to South and from Nadir to Zenith. Think of yourself inside a really exciting visual environment like St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. You bring a transparent hemisphere with you. When you find a spot in the Basilica where any direction you look is visually exciting, you put the hemisphere in front of your face and copy what you see on the inside of it. The hemisphere shows five vanishing points, north, on the left, east in the middle and south on the right. There is also a point above your head and another below your chin. One hundred and eighty degrees of the total environment can be drawn in this hemisphere. Think of how this would look on the flat surface. You would have to rely on five point grid system on the flat page to do the same thing, but it really will work.
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_BS_20Battles_fivepointperspec_drawing.gif

3. STFUPPERCUT

STFUPPERCUT Senior Member

View attachment 504503

posted this a while back a simple tut for a marker

I used the casing from a single cigarillo and cut part of the nib out of my sharpie magnum ( chalk board eraser works just as well)

and follow the ball point pen ink tutorial in the ink recipe thread, decent marker works good in my book and for tagging ( although it does fade in the sun)

4. lori7523

lori7523 Guest

Time Is Money

As the taxi came to a screeching halt at a toupee traffic light,I asked the driver,"Do you agree that 'Time is money'?" "Well,it's lace front wigs a very common saying.Who will care so much about that?"the driver answered . "Look,the digits in the lace frontal meter are still running when the car has stopped,"I pointed at the meter. "Oh.yes.You've got a point here,In this hair extensions case,time is money for both of us," added the driver weft.

5. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

this thread is gunna turn up really good.

- If you guys don't wanna mess up you'r blackbook pages when filling in a piece or whatever keep like 3-5 pieces of scratch paper under you'r sheet so the markers don't bleed onto you're other pages and mess up your pages for future projects.

- Learn what makers bleed the most on blackbook pages.( BB pages are usualy thicker than normal white paper so they won't absorb the marker so much)

6. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

7. CrAzOnEr!

CrAzOnEr! Senior Member

damn man you stole a tut really?o.0

8. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

fo real. im so badass

9. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

best tip of all...

- Don't let you'r friends hit up you're books whenever they feel like it.

10. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

Why not?
    unless you have some wack friends//

11. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

indeed, my friend is my #1 biter, he does every style the same as i do, just plain dumb

12. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

exactley... 1 of my friends used to hit up my book like it was his. he would do shit and be like "aww i messed up" like wdf?

13. n8galicia

n8galicia Senior Member

yo 408, you from the bay?

14. Scratch

Scratch Senior Member

For White Lines and Highlights..

You can use the paint like Cortes does, or for a cheaper solution you can just use white gel pens. Jelly Roll whites work the best, easily rackable by the millions.

^i think people should bold face summarize their posts in this too to keep it organized, just a thought.

15. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

I visited Toronto one week in August.I got on a benzo binge and let a writer who was very toy back then draw some shizzle on a page.He drew some then ripped one page out quick the started drawing some other whack shizzle.Then he proceeded to try to rip out that page too because he messed up on a tiny little thow on the centre of the page.I cam to my senses and stopped him but now that page is half ripped and unusable.
    Thank the lord he got better.

16. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

more tips folks! Were a community. We gotta help out.

17. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

RANDOM SHIT!

when drawing in pencil, draw light (obviousy)

deco whites will take the pencil marks to make a gray color, more pencil lead, grayer the color. so either watch out for that or use it to your advantage

use a varaity of markers, do your homework on them and learn the differences. deco and prisma are very different.

learn what bleeds, (prob already mentioned but keep 5-6 papers behind black book pages if coloring bc of bleed)

you can erase pencil, you cant erase marker.

18. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

More Random Shit

When sketching something out(especially a peice that has a lot of bars and extentions), it's always a good idea to start with pencil.

Having a set of these around dosent hurt either, [Broken External Image]:http://www.utrechtart.com/images/products/brandpages/generalPENCILsets_lg.jpg. Different pencils are a different conentration of graphite thus going from lighter to darker with each pencil, and are pretty benificial when you want darker or lighter lines and dont want smudges or your pencil breaking.

If you're planning on doing a coloured peice in your book, (or a coloured anything for that matter), after your pencil sketch is finished, you may want to outline THAT sketch in a dark coloured pen, to keep your basic outlines nice and sharp. Get a blank peice of scrap paper or two(depending on how bad your markers bleed), and put your scrap paper behind the page your drawing on. (this prevents bleeding onto other blank pages in your book, so you conserve space in your book.)

If you havent fucked with using PrismaColor Coloured Pencils, i actually do reccomend them. They are great for providing some contrast in your peices when shading and blending is a little bit easier with the pencils. But, it's YOUR book, so play around with different things. Never be afraid to experiment and think outside the box when your blackbooking.

19. Sizzuurp

Sizzuurp Senior Member

if you don't have paint markers and you want your outline to be a much lighter color than your fill is there a technique to that. or do u just do the outline and then the fill very carefully.

20. umop 3pisdn

umop 3pisdn Senior Member

I used to draw my pieces, and paint my pieces completely different. I could draw them, and they'd always look acceptable, but when i painted them, I could never get them to come out right. Then I found out how to fix it. Paint your pieces like you draw them.

When I drew them I'd do the outline left to right, then do the fill in left to right, then final outline left to right. but when i painted, i'd always mix it up. It's much easier to stick to what you know. Also, if you're going to take your sketch with you to a wall, make notes on the difficult parts. I'll circle parts where I know i'll have to cut back lines, or where parts overlap and can get confusing.

I don't know if that helps.