Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

2. Mippi

Mippi Member

Alright here's the throwie I've been working on. I wrote it out a million times... still dont like it. But I'm ready for some crits.

Attached Files:

3. jrone

jrone Member

these r my 2 official throw ups .. thanks to every one who helped me develope my throw ups i fn appreciate it
    now its time to start bombing again so im prob not going to be posting again till i try doing some pieces
    JR ONE
    Just Reckless

Attached Files:

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

thanks for the update on your officialness
    first flick needs more flow, you need to lose the dot over the j everywhere, the n and e aren't good enough
    second throw in second flick sucks ass.
    we tell you over and over again. the first one in the second flick is the keeper. just lose the dot

5. Svc

Svc Senior Member

6. Mippi

Mippi Member

agreed the uppercase r is kinda wack lowercase looks sick

new throw in need of crits please and thanks

Attached Files:

7. No_Alias

No_Alias New Member

I'd been fooling around on paper, and toyed (emphasis on toy) around with throw designs, but after reading some threads on the site, I took the knowledge I gained and tried applying it to this in my chill spot. I would appreciate all the suggestions, I eventually filled in the metallic barrier at the top of "11" so that's all yellow now. As a writer, what would be some steps you would take towards improving the overall feel of this?
    SSPX0314.jpg

8. Darkeist

Darkeist Elite Member

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

10. ntn

ntn Member

hahah srry man but i couldnt stop laughing for like 5 min.
    just check other pieces for inspiration and practise till you drop.

oh yeah.. never put a crown above your piece unless u r king. :p

*lol didnt notice that1 was posted many pages back x)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  11. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

mipe i like it, e seems too wide
    Dark, that tumor on the right side of the painted R is too big

12. jypsy

jypsy Member

@Mipe I personally like the yellow throw better than the blue one you posted later, I think the 'm' is more legible in the yellow than the blue. The 'e' with the tongue made me smile :)
    @Alias I like the highlighting on your numbers, but the misshapen 0 really bugs me. In your chill spot, where I assume you're not liable to be caught easily, you could have taken your time to make sure all the numbers were shaped evenly.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  13. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

the knee of your r looks wierd when the it goes out that far and doesnt come back closer to the other leg of the r.

but i like your throw enough to give you some feedback all the same.

14. inthecity

inthecity Member

15. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

yee mark fix up the top right bar of the K then go destroyy

16. Fube

Fube Elite Member

im starting to regulate this thread a bit more. heres a few guidlines on what i would like to see catch on.

- no excessive crits without a bump to the next page, or if your posting crits along with your own work.
    - small props like "thats good shit" ect... are fine with no bump, as long as its on the same page. make sure to address the post you want tho, by the screen name or name in work.
    - if you dont like a sketch then there is no need to post hate about it. unless your posting some of your work with the hate.
    - if your post got deleted and you feel you deserve it to be here then pm me your bitching, dont post it in the thread.

the idea here is to get as many flicks as possible with as little talk as possible.

feel me?

-Fube.

17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@darkeist, yo if you do that throw in paint about 100 more times it will probably look the way you want but right now its lookin pretty weak, put a little more structure on the R and tighten up that D if thats what ur gonna use.

@mark you got a good base for your letters goin, make your letters a little more proportionate and work on that K dude lol

View attachment 601392
    i keep goin to fast and overlapping my A and E, but uh I think yall can tell how that goes........crit if you please

18. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Ribcage- I'd like to see it done with a ballpoint pen rather than a chisel tip. Looks like it could be sick. The curl is the middle of the R isn't doing it for me. And your A is a little lost. Hand under it is pretty sick. Keep developing this.

Mark- I'd try to tighten that throw up a bit. Maybe try making letters with minimal lines. These letters aren't really flowing yet.

Quick exchange with my homie Basoe.
    afarm6.static.flickr.com_5136_5505098193_cd89a13ab3.png

19. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

i like how u left the b open. youve come a long way fast with throws hckler. props :)

20. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

nouv fresh and clean as usual..
    ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMAG0035.jpg