Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Keeps You Into Graffiti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_jc, Aug 5, 2009.

Share This Page

1. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

I also like to make my mark in the world without most people actually knowing who I am.

2. BLES1

BLES1 Member

for the love of art , and the game itself

3. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I keep doing graffiti coz it's fun and I like it :) it's as simple as that

4. Chippey

Chippey Senior Member

couldnt have put it better myself in so few words.

5. CrookOne

CrookOne Senior Member

yeah word, just replace destroying with decorating. :p

6. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Its been said that doing graff is kinda like being a super hero, get up enough and everyone knows your name but know one actually knows who you are. i dig that. And in a way its like being a kid again, doin shit your not suppose to cause you can. I also love the feeling of knowing people will look at something and be like how the fuck did he do that?

7. Tonz

Tonz Member

The way I started to write was one day when the big homie told me that I'm a bitch if I don't tag up the school. So I tagged it up, and it felt good. Just the rush it gives you and being the best in town. Just evolving, etc... I just like to write in the most extreme places where nobody would think of tagging. Some day I'll tag up the police station. That's my goal for right now. <3

8. keepsicks

keepsicks Elite Member

I hope your Goal changes...thats a pretty weak goal

9. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

what keeps me into graff are sick ass writers who are still humble like the guy above me not jus that but saw keep was the last post so payin a lil homage

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

that's Trane's goal in level 7 of marc ecko's getting up contents under pressure
    u should dangle down from a rappel rope and make a big roller on the front of the police station that says "fuckk" :)
    good luck with that goal dude :)

11. mosezone

mosezone Senior Member

if i'm walking around the city drunk, why not paint. and also, i feel like when i'm going out painting, it makes my time worthwhile, feels like i'm being constructive. it's really an accomplishing feeling to see your shit running/hear people talking..

12. wasted1

wasted1 Banned

for me its the game, it keeps me in the constant competition, it is a game with winners but it keeps improving. standards are getting higher all the time and the interest of trying to see the future what will you be and who will we be. the experience and the missions, and reminiscing in grandpa ages who we were and ofcourse what will the game turn into in future :D

13. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

^^^^ if you like

bordem kinda keeps me in it

14. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Yeah, mostly boredom, the fun, and the love of the art.

15. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

for a while, when i was out of work, i'd get an all day bus pass, get up at 9 in the morning, bring some weed and some backwoods, get my etch, meanstreak, two mop pens light n dark ink, one rusto can, and a bunch of stickers, and i'd just smoke weed and tag shit all day, most of the time by my damn self. me thinking about those days makes me wish i was a little scrubby graff writer with a backpack again...

the end of every day, my face would be dirty as shit from bus exhaust, hands covered in ink and meanstreak... gettin off that last bus goin' home... i felt like, "damn, i could do this shit til i'm 40"

16. appleseed

appleseed Member

The freedom and being anonymous.

17. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

i keep paintin' cause i aint been caught yet

18. Romikxx

Romikxx Senior Member

I started in Middle school well i was living out in hawaii.. i always looked up to people who were standing up for something they believed in you know.. i loved a good debate.. on oahu you pretty much meet everyone on the island because its so damn small and no one leaves the island really.. so i ended up meeting some big names on the island at the opening of a graff store called prototype.. i always loved the colors and styles they would come up with so i wanted to get into it.. do it right you know.. after my first arrest i changed my name & started writing hardcore catching tags like i was a fucking machine.. i guess its just the rush or maybe just the passion.. but its kept me loving it for about 5 years on & off.

19. "ONE!"

"ONE!" Banned

i do it for the love of the art bc to me it seems like its dying out bc noones really down to do it no more and i wanna keep it going and be a part of history... another reason is bc when im walking with friends they look at my art and say "ohh ive seen this dude on the other side of town" or other places andthey say its decent and it shows that im getting noticed around and i just love how some people just love it

20. PANiC978

PANiC978 Senior Member

I do it to keep progressing every time I spray a piece I want to do a cleaner one on the next wall, I also will continue to write as long as I see the ignorance of the world progressing as well