Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

2. soath

soath Elite Member

wot?

what the fuck are you talking about?

3. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

4. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Just use a table spoon or two, maybe more. Test and check.

trial and error. Look around and see if there is a proportion to use in ratio to say 250ml (8 oz.) so you can multiply this until you reach two liters

5. soath

soath Elite Member

oh... i thought that was directed at me. haha.

which oil is best?

6. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

anyone know what i could add to a water based acid so it doesnt bead up? like muraic acid if you write with it, it just beads up and runs, doesnt stcik to the suface. what do you add to make it stay?

7. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

;ike just straight acid??cuz if you are you can just add like a little bit of superglue depending on how much you have. but imm not really sure how reactive it is until i know what acid your using

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea, liek u know how like lab grade or w.e. regular acid doesnt just stick to walls? what shoudl i add so it does

9. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

maybe ill add glue and see if its bad for teh acidity

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

a higher evaporation rate?

im not 100% sure cuz im talkin out my ass. but when u think bout it, it sorta makes sense haha. i dunno. maybe its something that might be added to the ink book. *beading ink vs good ink* u kno.

i garuntee you Bizerk would kno exactly why inks bead up. so yah. ask him hahaha sorry i cant help.

12. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea ik why it beads up, because waters mad polar, so its attraction forces are stronge than like some weaker polar shit like soem alcohols.
    but i tried addign alcohol, and it liek made the acid all cloudy
    i think a lil glue might work tho ill check it

does biz even come on here anymore?

13. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I would tyhink if you looked through the lab around you again you may find a powder form of some other acid. Phosphates maybe? I seem to think I remember seeing something like that in the chemistry lab but I am most likely mistaken. Take a look around but pleassssse test it in the open with small amounts and do all the ratios, cause Id die if all the acid got wasted.

Last night I got about a pound of gun powder my father had back in the eighties for reloading Ammunition and I mixxed this with my Potassium Permangenate and my black recipe, I am doing this in a small batch to make a concentrated ink to put in a mop. It is my understanding from testing in smaller portions that the gun powder will not dissolve so what I will have to do is buy a very fine strainer and strain this batch out to get the resulting mixture but it should be highly flammable because it is purely an alchohol based ink mixed with the potassium. That potassium alone is highly flammable when mixxed with liquid glyceron (sp?) because of the chemical reactions taking place. (not sure what reacts with what in that mix)

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

glycerin. its like sugar.

and why are you addign gunpowder?

and yea the acid i have is in powder form now, but you gave me a good idea, ill try adding soem glycerin, cuz its used to bind pigments sometiems in water based inks, so id assume it woudl work

15. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Actually, I just thought about it and if I went to a cooking store I could most likely find something to crush this gun powder down into a finer texture. Maybe a marble grinding stone and marble bowl?

Why am I adding gun powder? Purely for the flammable levels and I want my ink to burn itself into the wall. I have lit sample on fire and they burn into the wall and stain a deep yellow. Also, the potassium permangenate should help darken the color after being burned because it leaves a hard black stain after being set on fire. But also, who the hell else does something like this? lol I wanted to say... yea, there's gun powder in there.

like this...
    ai195.photobucket.com_albums_z34_sterlingpawn88_tvp_P1010008.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

mortar and pestile, theyre proly at ac-moore even, for grinding down pigments and whatever you want.

17. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Thats exactly what I need but I remember my mother has one back at the old house. Ill go rack that shit and keep it cause shes thrown out all my shit.
    thanks for letting me know what it actually is. Should come in handy when mixing the powders together

18. Olick

Olick Elite Member

ull rack something from your mother? haha dam hardcore hah

19. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Yo anyone got a Receipt for some Bomb ass ink.... I see you guys are Hard core when it comes to ink sooo I came here for some advice.

20. Olick

Olick Elite Member

check the sticky ink page.

most people keep there recipes, tactics, techniques a secret.

or they write it in a little cookbook