Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

the new oink writer sticks you can find em at wally world go to the arts and craft section i think its near the shirt stuff

2. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

same nib?

just got a oink one haha

best mop ive ever used

3. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Thanks. Ya i've seen that just wondered how the pigmented ink flows. Drippy or clean lines, and how opaque it is.

4. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

yeah its the same nib i believe

5. Koolaid

Koolaid Senior Member

so i just put silver gk in a martha and added like a bit more paint thinner and i barely had to pump it and it works nice.. idk what u guys like 3 pages back were talking about it cant be done lol

6. markingz.

markingz. Banned

yeah i have to agree with you on that one pentels whites are definatly overrated, the ink aint opaque enough. streaks burn them, whiteouts good but sometimes a little too weak for my taste.

7. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

yep i've been getting those houstonart brand windowmarkers(same thing as the oink "writer stick")from wallmart for like two years now haha

i miss when oink was cheap and actualy had good products not a thousand different brands of "mop paint ink"

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

whats the best way to write with a gel? i have this gel that i AM NOT thinning, its a little thicker than paint, what would teh best way to use it be? markers are out of the question, mops it mught be too thick, and im thinking of maybe liek dauber but idk

9. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

im thinkin a mop just take the flow reg out or if its still too thick rip the cloth off the nib and try that...

10. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Where can I get Markal paintsticks besides Art Primo?
    I remember there being a site where you could get those, sakuras and other industrial markers... links? :)

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

12. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

ok guys i posted this in the inventory thread but figures i should put em here to. As long as your semi creative (which you should be if your bombin) then this is real easy tyo make and you could do it in any size plus it cost me zero dollars. It something to hold all your bbook markers rather than a large bucket cause diggin sucks...

[Broken External Image]:http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7804/dscf8472pg7.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7428/dscf8473ek6.jpg

if any one cant figure out how to make something like this then ill add a step by step build process to make it even easier but its pretty simple to figure out. Just make sure your bottom like pieces that make it sit at an angle are all the same size and angle or damn near.

made out of foamcore/board and silicone sealent. but if you build it all at once without waiting for the sicone to dry i reccomend using long pins or thin nail to hold everything in place while you assemble it and it dries.

14. Cesk

Cesk Banned

For a second I thought you were Alexhate.

How much more thinner did you add?

15. Olick

Olick Elite Member

thin it with xylene. u can go 1/2paint 1/2 xylene and still be opaque for silver.

DONT use linseed oil. sure its the base but its still thick as hell.

16. Tofu_Eater

Tofu_Eater Member

^^^
    no clue what you are talking about
    that shit is gonna be super thin and
    streaky as hell. Gonna come out like
    shit.

17. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

i picked up a dalo yesterday... tried to put up a hand but the flow fucking SUCKS. any body have any experience with these that can help?

18. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

i use eye droppers or puff paint type bottles for supper thick products.

looks like i turned into that kid who said the 30% water and acrylic paint shit ever other page,

19. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

whats puff paint type bottles?

20. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member