Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

2. DukeOne

DukeOne Moderator

Always appreciated :)

TrandomnesstwO - I think the Toy BB section for now man. I think your just trying a bit to hard. Simplify and get your bars consistent with one another, and try losing some of the extensions, arrows, and add ons for now. Ill keep an eye out for ya.

kew1 - I agree, your painting skills and fill is there, but letter wise it is lacking. The left leg of the S is coming up a bit to high and is starting to cover the middle of the letter, try lowering it just a little. The L is ok, maybe the right extending leg is too high, might be mistaken for a U (like seyo did). The A is far to close to the L and the overlap makes it difficult to make out. And finally the bars in the K are all slightly off and out of proportion.
    Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh, but I think the potential is there just needs more focus.

Sort of an exchange with alts
    ai581.photobucket.com_albums_ss260_someguyok_Duke_AltsCalligraphy.jpg

3. idk401

idk401 Senior Member

Duke do you wrinkle your paper before using it because it always seems to have a little wrinkle on it , just asking.

4. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

5. Graff J up

Graff J up Senior Member

6. kringe

kringe Senior Member

7. dave the pirate

dave the pirate Senior Member

8. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

9. kew1

kew1 Senior Member

kk

10. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

GTFO. ^^^^

Messing around with some abstract shit for fun.
    ai29.tinypic.com_i724gm.jpg

Okae: I really don't like any of your extensions, they do nothing for your piece, and that E is ugly. The Bode is alright looking and your A is alright.

Goad: I actually dig a lot of that, just I wish you'd keep your bar widths generally pretty standard throughout a single piece. It also looks like your G's are your strongest letters, and you should work on building up others, too. Like your A and especially your D's.

AOk: Toy Bombs and Pieces.

Meroe: Butfuk is a dope name, but I know you can throw out some better handstyles than that. It's dope, but I feel you're capable of more.

Cyto: The only good letter is the first one, if it's a D, but it throws off the flow of the whole piece.

Duke: I don't like how your exchanges never really have any flow, just a lot of standard vertical letters that look close to gothic calligraphy. Cool, but I don't really like that aspect of it.

Alts is a mad man.

11. ravine

ravine Senior Member

honestly i would say that kew1 can stay, his structure has improved a ton, and his painting skills are very good. that fill is bananas. keep it up.

12. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

kews structure is still not intermediate... hes just been making the same mistakes for a long time from what ive seen...

i like that brains a lot, im sure its a hate magnet since its abstract and disconnected, but it works and its clean so color that shit and make a piece outta it

13. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

the butfuk name was a joke..im not seriously writing that.though i might write slye.i got a dope hand for it.i shall post it in a month or so.when im not extremely busy.

14. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

15. Edward"Sezer"Hands

Edward"Sezer"Hands Elite Member

16. ravine

ravine Senior Member

i haven't drawn for a good month or so, so... i guess.. here's to starting again....!
    had to slap on another piece of paper 'cuz i draw toooo damn big.

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4115_4856330386_5c9c5c7c44_b.png

tezer is lookin' real good
    and that brains is aweshum!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  17. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

im really feeling that !

18. No_TomorroW

No_TomorroW Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  19. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i really like that where... i have the same problem and i haveta tape extra paper to my shit all the time hah... i think that style would look super neato if u did a less complete fill to where u can see more marker strokes, but thats just me, welcome back

2cold thats toy bb material for now, the little despicable me guy looks pretty cool tho ;-)

20. RemzTags1

RemzTags1 New Member

You GuyZ Got Some SiKK StyLes!!!!!!