Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

what is your take on stencils?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by REMIX8604, Nov 23, 2011.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

im dyslexic

2. Rumple_Stiltzkin

Rumple_Stiltzkin Member

Dyslexic? bahahaha! A "writer" that cant write properly. Do you take a dictionary with you when you go out spraying? Or do you practice your 4 letter words over and over and over and over and over again until you get it right? LOL.
    Go back to school, young'un XD

3. geothegodofdiction

geothegodofdiction New Member

In my opinion stencils are cool to work with ... I think the artist who works "STRICTLY" with stencils still qualifies as an artist but it is hard to say if they qualify as the "graffiti" artist....obviously graffiti art follow a very specific technic that sets it apart from other arts. Stencil art should be taken for what it is...When i myself see a stencil on a wall personally do not think "graffiti art" but instead i just quite simply see "art"....obviously the vandilising part helps coin the stencil art "graffiti (illegal advertising in accordance to the dictionary definition) but in no way does it coin it "GRAFFITI (an artistic way expressing ones name in an exageration of letter styles done in free hand with spray pain....in accordance with the new york council of graff writers)... to the stencil artist...the stencil is all they have....to the new york style graffiti aritist the stencil is like a quick tag but by no means will it ever replace the wild style .

4. geothegodofdiction

geothegodofdiction New Member

Considering that point of view i will also like to add this...i greatly dislike bombers that only have piece of work in thier gallery of art...and that is thier fill-in...if you've spent years painting and getting ups....i don't care if everybody knows you...if the only thing you've ever done in your life is the same bubble letter with the same tag and you can't do a wildstyle or production style stuff....then your about as non graffiti as the stencil artist is...if stencil art is only coined graffiti by way of vandalism then so is the bomber who only bombs and has never tried doing a wildstyle or evevn using more then two collors (the fill-in and the outline) you have to be able to progress...i mean thiers a video on youtube of about 35 teenage kids barely 13 in one segment throwing up fill-in's.....if your in your 20's and haven't done anything but that one fill in you always throw up....YOU MIGHT AS WELL START STENCILING...CUASE IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THROWING THE SAME BUBBLE LETTER EVERYWHERE...THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL LET THE STENCIL ARTIST STENCIL THE SAME LOGO EVERYWHERE.

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

I never called myself a "writer", you did. I cant go back to school bro, im a dyslexic 41 year old wanna be. Once my moms dies ill get some inheritance and a house though. Keep eating dicks though bro, you seem to be pretty good at it

6. Leary

Leary Member

First things first, cool story bro. Seccond thing is your pathetic get the fuck off bombing science. Your a 41 year old wannabe. You have no say in what graffiti is or isnt. Please shut up before you destroy your cred even more. Ohh and by the way using dyslexia as an excuse for being a dumbass woulnt fly man. Go shoot your mother and get your god damn inheritance pussy.

7. ribcage

ribcage Banned

someones been watching to many movies. I love my mother, I unlke you, happen to have no issues with my parents, they love me dearly. Get off bombingscience? ive been here longer than you bro, and your little butt buddy rumplesucksdixston. How old are you mrs leary??

Im dyslexic, i cant spell properly, and I hve trouble reading, doesnt mean I cant comprehend the english language. I also have tremendous hand eye coordination, and i am not a dumpass.

8. Leary

Leary Member

Haha it dosent matter how old i am. Fyi i am a dyslexic, the only difference is i dont go around flaunting it. Also im a guy. You are the self proclaimed king of the toys and an admitted wannabe. Go back to the toy threads or just get lost.

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

lmao your age matters. Im not flaunting my dyslexia. Your a woman. I didnt name myself "king of da toys" its an inside forum joke. Im already lost, just like you and your sexuality.

......and stencils are still gay

10. spher

spher Senior Member

stencils defie the meaning of graff

11. tha wite rabbit

tha wite rabbit Senior Member

rumple stilzkin i hate talkingshit but on sum real shit you are an e thug i wish i could meet you some day, beat the shit out of you, have you watch me fill a bath tub with ice cold water, and then drown you in it for being such a liberal pussy who takes street cred from graff

12. Nozirev

Nozirev Senior Member

battle it out people

13. ATAK!:3

ATAK!:3 Banned

stencils are cool if you actually create the design, a bunch of fags just print a picture off a google images cut it out and spray some pre-cut stencil letters next to it and it's automaticly theres.

14. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

nahhh its all pretty gay.....blek was good..then banksy ripped him off and now since banksy every cunt with a pair of skinny jeans and a left wing mindset thinks he's changing the world with some sloppy bullshit....

15. FuckMcNasty

FuckMcNasty Senior Member

^^
    I agree but i get the feeling your one of those kids that watched graffiti wars and now go around putting up TEAM ROBBO everywere

and rumple stilkskin would definetily get dropped

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

hmmm where is rumplesilktits? prolly still busy gettin it on with leary. I like how its all dandy for them to type tough to a "40 year old mommas boy" but not to anybody else. I honestly cant believe the went for my antics, I thought it was pretty clear I was mocking them... I guess not.

I dont really know much about the whole banksy robbo gayness, nor do I care, but their attitutudes dont impress me, as well as most of their art... both are sell outs, them going back and forth with video cameras remind me of american reality shows. Its "reality" that isnt real, theyre calling the papparazzi to come take pictures of them, and then at the same time telling paparazzi to fuck off

17. Coozer09

Coozer09 New Member

I think all graffiti artist have a left wing mindset. Or else you wouldn't be writing in the first place. I would rather see stencils and wheat-pastings instead of toy bubble letters any day. Writing is about "getting up" and showing that you got the balls to get out and write and express whatever your message is. If you are going around though and posting stencils all over it is sorta cheating and since writing is a competition at times. I can't respect anyone who uses it as anyone's only way of tagging unless it is obviously hand made and always a little different.

18. Leary

Leary Member

Ribcage i havent been on bombing science because i was in the real world getting up. The reason why you got ripped on is because you Were trying to squash other peoples oppinions. Im down if you wanna think what you think but in return i ask you to respect my oppinion as well. Also you seem to talk alot about homosexuality, i personaly do not struggle with those thoughts but you sir should come to terms with them. In closing i believe i have said my two cents and my participation in this childish arguement is over. If you still have "beef" feel free to battle me. Im always down for a challenge.

19. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

nahhh not at all, been writing on and off for along time, now stepping it up though cos a few endoresments hangin over me are gone....did see graffiti wars though, it was alright ...but i hate how many team robbo tags i see about in london now...fair enogh if it was all choc n that droppin em but most of em are just by kids......thats why i hate any kind of media attention to graffit...just gets cunts tryna emulate that shit.....fuck ecko.fuck graffiti documenaries on tv....if writers wanna see that shit we'll look it up....

20. ribcage

ribcage Banned

LOL eewa woo wow, whats the real world? You mean theres people that do things outside of the interwebz?! What kind of stencil you put up this time, a shadow of pochahontus shooting an arrow at a shadow of someone whose not pochohontas? or some other already created character? would you please enlighten me on your age group? you dont have to be specfic, just ballpark it for me

I didnt get ripped on, you and your buttbuddy rumplesucksdicks just got upset over the fact, FACT, that stencils are gay. I respect your right to your opinion, but I dont respect stencils or anyone that uses them as a means of graffiti. I never had "beef" with you, but if its a battle you want, im always down.