Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

word, thats how i learned..just grab your camera and go out and take pics of everything and anything and expirement

god damnit, infared is sooo dope

2. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

3. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

That's what I've been thinking too. I'd like to think I've learned quite a bit in the last 3-4 months I've been really into photography, but it's not like I've been using it really, aside from aperture and shutter speeds, it's not like there's a lot more that you really need to do. You guys are over-complicating your shots.

4. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

It's easy to become an 'expert' in photography, and be completely shit at it. Ken Rockwell is a perfect example, his technical knowledge is amazing, but his photos are shite.

www.kenrockwell.com

5. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

that is a pretty dope lense

$1,500

..ouch

6. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

yeah, he took it from a hobby to an obsession but never an art

7. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Fuck it, composition should just be taught now. You guys can figure the rest out, haha.

8. ares

ares Elite Member

the ladies love the 70-200. I cant take it out without getting mad comments.

Far as the whole fast zoom vs fast mid thing goes I don't think theres a right and wrong, it all depends on what your shooting but personally as convenient as faster zooms go, I'd rather shoot with primes. Sharper and faster than zooms for close to the same price. Either way, you want the top quality your most likely going to be spending thousands.

The whole portrait thing mid vs zoom is pretty much the same thing. longer lenses will compress the background which is cool, but I wouldn't say you get more bokeh than lets say a 50 1.4. The 50 won't compress the background as much, but with your zoom you won't be able to open up as much. It all depends on how much depth you have in the background.

And when you say lenses are usually sharpest around f5.6, your talking about faster lenses. just so people with kit lenses don't get the wrong idea, each lens has its own sweet spot but generally they are sharpest a couple stops down from wide open.

9. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

10. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

im getting a fish eye lens for 40$ brand new! ahhh and im getting a 300mm for Christmas! im so excited

11. ILIKEYOU

ILIKEYOU Member

getting me self a canon T1i anything bad bout it??

12. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

13. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

Lovely. What lens is that? looks fast.

BREAD - what are you going to be using a 300mm lens for?

14. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

15. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

16. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  17. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

if your serious about photography, i'd suggest getting an actual SLR and consider it an investment for the future, youll keep the lenses when you upgrade bodies, but with that, you can't upgrade the body without loosing the lens, so instead of being one lens up, youll be one down.

thats probably a decent enough camera for what you want to do now, but in the future you might want more megapixels for printing for example and youll have to sell the whole thing instead of only having to sell the body and keeping a lens

18. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

i completely agree with secks, buy an SLR.
    well Ekipse i take photos of my school's sports and i know i probably only need a 200 but why not get an extra 100 :DD im going to Florida for Christmas but unfortunately i wont be able to take it because i get it after we get back, hopefully i still get some good shots.

Edit: That Minolta is super sexy, I've got a Minolta Maxxum 10,000 35mm it is pretty nice

19. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

If you shoot sports, then a 300mm is what you need. Just checking, cos no1 needs a fixed 300mm unless you shoot sports or you are a paparazi.

And to One Evil, don't bother with those glorified point and shoot fageras. Save a bit longer and buy a cheap SLR. You will notice the difference in speed and accuracy that you would have missed using that shite point and shoot.

ps. lick my balls

20. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

135mm wide angle telephoto

also got a 28mm and a 50mm and an old ass vivitar flash

..i cant stop looking at this camera, its so nice