Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Hip Hop Vs. Crunk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MyTagsASpanishWord, Oct 25, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Slushi

Slushi Banned

You know hip hop has gone to shit when douchebags like Lil Wayne are considered "the best rapper alive".

I like hip hop, but its so hard to find decent emcees. Nowadays all you see is rappers with their hats falling off, clothes 10 sizes too big, and their asses hanging out of their pants.

2. mattFOO

mattFOO Senior Member

slushi u seriously said almost the exact same thing i said to my brother like a week ago... it pisses me off..but im glad theres ppl thats feel the same as i do.

3. mattFOO

mattFOO Senior Member

damn from the looks of your sig alone.. id get the impression that u were a hiphop head. allday everyday.

4. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

word fuckin up, lil wayne is just a fuckin clown, greatest rapper alive? we all know that Rakim would destroy him

5. mattFOO

mattFOO Senior Member

lol rakim...mannn fuckin nas would destroy him.. another man should never kiss another dude... lil wayner is gayyy.. had like 4 good songs..one was a outro.not even a full song.

6. DemonicKronik

DemonicKronik Senior Member

hip-hop is crunk pretty much now a days it's all the same rap hip-hop crunk all they rap about is how filthy rich they are and trying to make there lifes seem all cool by sellin drugs and shit then complain that people think thats all they do like no offence i love rap and shit but most of these new artists and shit are whack they all rap about the same thing like some are good like wold say the best ungerground artist is Andrea Nickatina

7. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I gotta say something. I used to be like you guys. I was strictly underground and I would bitch about mainstream. And well....yeah Im still all about the underground. But you gotta stop bitching about mainstream because your somewhat hypocritical if you think that mainstream listeners are ignorant because all they listen to is mainstream. Well all you listen to is underground hiphop. Which kinda puts you in the same boat.

I have so many friends that are real heads and all I hear is "Fuck mainstream man, its all about Immortal Tech and Living Legends and blah..." They think everyone should listen to underground. Well if everyone listened to it, it wouldnt FUCKIN BE UNDERGROUND. So just let mainstream be. Let underground be. And fuckin listen to something else for a while. Theres a lot of music out there. And trust, if you listen to everything out there thats good, youll gain an even greater appreciation for the underground artists your supporting.

8. slEEt

slEEt Elite Member

Hip hop is dead.

9. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

lil wayne isnt the best i agree, but i like his music
    he's not that bad...although sometimes his voice gets so fuckin annoying in some songs...show me what you got remix, his voice got all retarded -_-

10. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

oh and slEET
    hip hop aint dead
    it's taken a different direction
    just because it aint the same as when it's started doesnt mean it's dead
    take basketball for example
    when jordan left everyone tought it was dead, now u got kobe lebron etc...and it's alive and well
    just cuz hip hop aint the same shit as '79 dont mean it's dead

11. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

I don't get the big deal about Lil' Wayne?

I don't hate on mainstream because it's mainstream, I don't like it because most of it is bad...some is aight, I just prefer the sound of the underground more.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  12. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

same lol
    i like birdman more than weezy

13. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

any wu-tang fans in here?

14. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

amen. hate the direction that their style is heading now days though.

personally, I listen to rap more for the entertainment value of it other than anything else. I'm more geared toward what most of you would call mainstream, crunk, gangsta, etc. cause it (for the most part) is more entertaining to listen to than political/activist rap.

15. scoot

scoot Elite Member

imma old wu tang fan... as in circa 36 chambers

and as far as activist rappers go, i can only listen to a few and their the oldschool artists... public enemy, krsone. as well as some new age rappers like talib and mos def. but the range that hiphop can be considered varys way to much you can go from Insane clown posse.. to tech nine, to king gordy, to lil jon, etc.. all different styles, all based the same

16. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Wu was good, then they changed up a lot and turned I dunno, less grimey?...

my favorite shit is the good ol' 90's East Coast.

17. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

hell yeah. older Mobb Deep, Big L, Gang Starr, CNN, Noyd, the list goes on.

18. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

odb was the shit
    GZA is my favorite member of wu
    i'm not much of a public enemy fan
    but i do like krs
    i love NWA...that was the shit until it went downhill

19. Slushi

Slushi Banned

I don't hate Lil Wayne because he is mainstream, I hate him because he sucks balls. He's slow as fuck, and rhymes the same words over and over.

Oh yeah, and he's ugly, And his pants are always falling down.

20. RaGe2

RaGe2 Senior Member

lil wayne isnt bad
    but he isnt GREAT either
    lloyd banks is one of the mainstream artists that i like
    he's pretty good