Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

its just soo cliche lol

2. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea, and i have no lcuw wtf that face is supposed to be

3. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

if its the joker thats whats cliche about it, if not then wtf

4. zenne

zenne Elite Member

i mean the meaning of it. i dont think its cliche.

5. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

its such a generic lame overused message like DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE and its got jokers face wich is the most commercial picture of 2008

6. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

My oppinion- when you tell someone an action (i.e.-stop the nonsense) It becomes a little cliche.. Too many people have used wheatpaste to make political or random staements already. Show who you are first. then once people know you and are open to your message, then drop it, if it really means something to you.What is nonsense? What dioes the Joker have to do with it? Are you against him? He seemed rather nonsensical. I respect you're using the medium, but I don't see it picking up intensty left as is. you feel me? You obviously have the balls, now take it full circle.that's my two cents.

7. zenne

zenne Elite Member

thats a valid point as well... my shit is different though... youd have to see it to understand. i dont have flicks yet, but i will...

8. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Yeah I see what your sayin. Thanks for the helpful crits.:D

9. toon_dragon

toon_dragon Senior Member

yo, nonsense...i think if you got your own character face on them posters instead of the joiker...it would be pretty dope....

10. zenne

zenne Elite Member

yeah you should.

11. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Yeah I might. Ive just put so many up with the joker.

Honestly im probbaly not going to change anything about it.
    Ive been getting mad ups with these posters.
    Changing the character will be like starting from the beginning.
    I would just be scared to lose all that work.

12. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

heres liek a bucnha my old stuff big bump

ai39.tinypic.com_jtvxco.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_kb6m9y.jpg
    ai42.tinypic.com_ek11l.jpg
    ai39.tinypic.com_sfktfq.jpg
    ai44.tinypic.com_vq5bpf.jpg
    ai44.tinypic.com_314wnic.jpg
    ai43.tinypic.com_2gtyn4p.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_ohltax.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_2r6yz5c.jpg
    ai43.tinypic.com_2mhhitu.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_xmrdyw.jpg
    ai41.tinypic.com_23ut1u8.jpg
    ai44.tinypic.com_20hyrk.png
    ai39.tinypic.com_2zq53b9.jpg

13. zenne

zenne Elite Member

its the phrase that sticks. just use the same phrase. itll look better if you change it up.

14. Pilate

Pilate New Member

Peace, I think the question here is really, what are you trying to do?
    Its hard to drop an idea you once you like it, but take a step back and look at it.
    What reaction are you trying to achieve when people see your work? I for one, dont know what nonsense youre trying to stop and im sure other people feel the same way.

If youre trying to say something, it isnt getting through.

And if youre doing it just because you want to. Thats fine but accept that other people will see you as the guy whos slapping up photoshopped jokers around town.

And as for the mad ups youre getting, praise is relative, i know i do some drawings im disgusted with that people have told me they liked. But, if i brought that same drawing to an artist friend he would begin to tell me everything i could have done better. I think thats basically whats going on here. Other artists are providing criticism because they have the knowledge and experience to do so. i know youre in your comfort zone right now, but i think leaving your comfort zone is the best way to come up with something youll end up loving and also help youre growth as an artist. Id like to see what you can come up with. After all, even sheperd fairey doesnt just do that same old andre pic anymore.

Keep it going.

15. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Yeah im currently taking a step back and creating some new posters. Im still posting the regular ones every day though.
    This is how STN came to be. My teacher always yelled at us and said stop the nonsense so i was like im putting that quote into a new campaign. Then I had this joker stencil laying around. I put the two together and thats how it happened.

It was never ment to look good in the eyes of other artist like graffiti is. It was ment purely to look good in the eyes of the public and so far its doing a good job at it. It is growing fast. Its been in the newspaper twice. Its well known.

Im not saying fuck all of the other artist's opinions. Ive taken them into great consideration. From now on im doing posters that are more unique with the normal posters.

once again thanks for taking the time to giving the helpful crits :)

16. F$$$22

F$$$22 Senior Member

17. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Yeah I know I got some new paste im gonna post up soon.

This thread is dead. Seriously.

18. dior

dior Senior Member

i agree its dead to bad:/

19. PasteUpKidd

PasteUpKidd Member

Chek it

yo peoples i had a look at most the work on here, some ok an most of it is shit theres ony one person i rate. but i guess u gotta start sumwhere. iv only been pasting for about 2 weeks an iv hit up bout 15 locatons. Iv got bout 5 designs i dont like pasting up the same to close, like that shit joker. if this offends you go do ur own design.

heres my shit

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._110826780147_692955147_3202612_7639904_n.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4629/196/44/692955147/n692955147_3190432_5933044.jpg

Peace out

20. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

why would you paste up an advertisement?