Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

the top half of the C is looking a little awkward and its the only letter with a true kink. The S kinda has kink just by nature, so to balance it out you shoulda bent the vertical bar of the R like the vertical bar of the C ya dig?

But to make it easiar to only change one letter, you could make the C look like the top half of your S

2. PETER

PETER Elite Member

aside from dropping the crazy huge chunk on the top of the K how might I improve these letters? brown.jpg

3. AKnR

AKnR Senior Member

k.jpg r.jpg whatchu think?

4. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I think you're trying to give me taco neck. Not bad. I suck at throws. the shadow isn't working for me though. I grew up in Marana. where in AZ you from?

5. AKnR

AKnR Senior Member

im chillin in phx right now any suggestions on the shadows ?.............. i tend to screw it up

6. PETER

PETER Elite Member

7. AKnR

AKnR Senior Member

thanks man i appreciate it yeah ive been to tuscan its pretty nice up there check out my art on art for sale thread and hit me up with comments im majorin in fine arts right now and i want all the help i can get (pm me if u want .....i leave it up to you) :)

8. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Your canvases are solid. I'll pm you some of mine later see if you wanna trade.

9. vems

vems Senior Member

i would honestly add some symmetry to that and take the top right arm of the K in the other direction to somewhat mirror the T. and the bottom right leg will mirror the bottom left of the A.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  10. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Senior Member

For drop shadow just imagine youre tracing the outline of your letters like a half inch to the left. Or right, or any direction that's up to you.

Antik, besides droppin that big ass tumor, I think it would help your K if you made the main back bar a bit more prominent.
    jukepu.jpg
    crits, comments?

Ignore that hand lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  11. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Thanks for the input Vems. I'll play with the K a bit.

12. vems

vems Senior Member

np homie

13. Spyder

Spyder Member

Any crits for my piece? I want to get better at this.

14. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Thanks for the crits bra
    Im diggin both of those but on that aply piece im not really feeling the ly connection or much of the y. The A and P has alot more movement and the Y is that rigid style you were doin before.
    The broke piece is kinda the same, i like the BR but the leg of the R to the E looks too rigid for what you had first.

15. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

rib - those are nice, i really like that P

reposting for crits
    ewa 2.JPG

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

The aply was a quick freestyle against mn nice, so the letters are kinda random, but yeah the P dont really fit the rest of the style.

On the broke peice the R and K are practically the same, but it adds balance imo, I just should have made a curvier E.

talk about balance... this the rough draft. gonna eat and go to work, prolly redo it tonight. no need to crit

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  17. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

Photo-0197.jpg

trying something new but i think i gotta put the lower part of the s under the curve instead of in front...crits

ribs: i definitely like the idea but I'm not feelin the H

18. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

sevr. doesnt reach do that e with his throws? and not really feeling the V kinda looks like a y, and for the drop shadow to make sense you need to fill in the hole in the r

19. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

maybe he does idk i thought it was just a generic e

20. vems

vems Senior Member

take the nub out of the bottom of the v