Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea it dries exactly the same as if u didnt add anything to it, so like imagine teh shit around ur windows ect, its liek taht kinda rubbery, and abit thicker than acrylic

2. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

alright i guess ill try it
    do you concider it worth it?

3. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

alright i guess ill try it
    do you concider it worth it?

4. KinkyStab

KinkyStab Senior Member

ive probably asked you this a thousand times hett, but how do you make bitumen ink, i had acess to a big bucket full of liquid tar at a construction site but i didnt know what to do with it, whenever i asked this before i never stuck around for an answer but it would be nice if you could tell me now

5. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

its not that hard
    thin tar with paint thinner and add carbon

6. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea, id pick up some naphtha. its a really nice thinner that gives a glossy finish, and just mix the tar wiht that, and add some carbon if its looking too thin/ trasparent.

also you can mix it wiht other inks, just try to make sure its oil based, or else just shake it a ton before using it.

7. KinkyStab

KinkyStab Senior Member

what the fuck is a carbon they come in sticks? bottles? bars?
    lol

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

carbon is an element ahhaha, your bodys like 30% carbon or some shit, its the shit used in pencils too. its a pigment.

you can get carbon in powder form, in like stick/ charcoal form, and just crush it up, or if your ghetto burn lots of paper/ baby oil.

9. KinkyStab

KinkyStab Senior Member

yeah carbons in everything but ive never heard of pure carbon anywhere, but charcoal would work?

10. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

burn stuff for carbon and crush it
    charcoal is carbon

but yeah i wanna try getting that diaphraf insta-dry ink and use it to thin tar
    anybody use the insta dry?

11. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea i bought liek a pint of it, it was dope, its basically just xylene with dye so it is good for thinning while keeping a good color. its not too opaque by itself tho

12. walkingcarpet

walkingcarpet Senior Member

So I made some mop paint. Two thirds white rusto and one third paint thinner. I added two tubes of orange oil tube paint. My problem is that it takes more than a day to be "smudgeproof" and a few more to actually dry. Any fix?

13. walkingcarpet

Double post.
    Also. My tags with grog blue are not standing up well at all. Always buffed and no stain or ghost. Any ideas on how to make it stain more

thanks

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  14. syne7

syne7 Senior Member

Nope, im retarded.

And you can buy activated carbon pellets in any pets mart just go to the fish isle, while your there pocket some methalyne blue, it makes your ink anti-buff.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  15. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea dont listen to that kid hes retarded, dot3 will make it not dry for even LONGER. its the oil tube paint, its not liek rusto paint, its artist paint taht takes a month to dry, they all do, so take that out and youll be good.

17. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

If you want orange in there, just use orange rusto and paint thinner.

18. walkingcarpet

Thanks. My home depot only has white and black rusto so I guess I'll have to look around for some. Will dot3 make my grog stain harder? Do these oil tubes have any use or should I just throw em out.

19. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

you can use them for art, but tehyre not good for graff. dot3 may help ur grog, only add like 3 drops though.

and to anyone whos interested ive got like 4 massive tubes of toner for like industrial printers, but when u open the package, u can pour out the toner, which is just REALLY fine carbon pigment with dye, its like carbon that i think would flow through a marker, ill have to test it out.

ill take pics laterm, but ill sell them for 5$ each plsu shipping, one tube has like 5 cups of powdered carbon in it

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

So heres some pics:

the box of 6
    [Broken External Image]:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3537/dsc00746cx.jpg

ingredients/ package:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4999/dsc00748q.jpg

box and single tube: they come packaged in plastic, dont open it, just pop the top off so u can re-seal it:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3796/dsc00750b.jpg

pouring it out, it had enough to fill peobably 3ish of those 10oz plastic cups:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4240/dsc00752y.jpg

making shellac ink with it:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5099/dsc00753n.jpg

Done:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9890/dsc00755d.jpg

lemme know if u want any, ill do5$ plus shipping, or a box of 6 for 20.

shipping will be cheap too, tehyre really light