Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Money making with graff

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Ages24, Feb 21, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Graffitiwinkel

Graffitiwinkel New Member

It's the only thing I do since 2008.

Painting big walls, sometimes advertising walls for major companies, selling spraypaint to other graffers for bottom prices, organising graffitiworkshops and educational graffiticourses for starters. That's about it.

2. Sir Daily

Sir Daily Member

i paint people's bedrooms, garages, mini ramps, skateboards, surfboards, tee shirts, canvas, whatever the fuck they want if they show me cash... also have had girls give me head for taggin shit for them

3. Moon

Moon Senior Member

That last part doesn't seem to agreeable.

4. Sir Daily

Sir Daily Member

what part?

5. Prodigy22

Prodigy22 Member

Just swung a gig doing a 8ftx16ft wall for a music video. pay plus they are paying for all the paint. sick!!

6. Sir Daily

Sir Daily Member

That's sick man, props. It doesnt get much better than making money by doing something you love.

7. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Head? For graff? Seems low on my part.

8. mdjohnson1

mdjohnson1 New Member

Nice work gw. How'd you hook up with companies? I've repped some writers in the past ... connecting them with companies looking to get graffiti done for advertising. I'm always looking to build up my stable of writers for commercial work. Peace

9. JetGirl

JetGirl New Member

I think its great when businesses hire someone to do full murals on their walls. A restaurant here in SM had the entire store done, place went under in like 2 weeks but the work is still up there. :)

10. Serbr

Serbr Member

i paint peoples stuff what ever they want, they pay for the paint + a bit of profit for me
    perfect job, but i need a mask cos paint fumes are fucking up my head

11. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

airbrushing is the shit when it comes to murals

12. TLGhostOne

TLGhostOne Member

13. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

only way you're getting people to buy that shit is if you try and sell it at the special olympics.

14. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

15. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

That Ghost clothing stuff looks mad retarded, people who know nothing about graffiti and try to start making money out of it look stupied, and it's even more stupied, when someone will buy that stuff and be happy with it.. "Graffiti"fonts in design and making everything look it's a webpage from 1999 looks wack. And a wrong name chosen for that type of stuff.

Just a cup of reality.

16. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I just sold my first piece at a show for $450, but I donated all the money to a childrens art program. I'm setting up a crew show this summer and when people go to pay, they'll choose from a list of local charities to write their checks to. We've also got a major exhibition lined up for 2012. Sounds stupid? Consider this, we change the publics perception of us a bit by doing this, and if we catch heat, our goal is to triple whatever cost they pin on us for the buff in charitable donations. They'll still prosecute, but they'll be weary to really fuck us over...
    That's how the game is played ;)

17. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

the only way ive ever made money off graf is by selling my friends a few stickers when i need a buck or two for a drink. i would hate to make money off graf, it would make the vandal squad be on your dick forever. i write for myself not for anyone else, if someone i know ask me to do a canvas i will gladly make them a nice canvas as long as they supply the canvas, haha if your not making money you sure dont wanna be losing it.