Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Use a white gel pen for highlights.

2. Fube

Fube Elite Member

i can respect a healthy knowledge on they history of graffiti, but to me its just as important to know the ups in your own aria. know your local crews and heads in your town.

as for the marker thing get down with the cheaps first, sharpies and white out pens! highlighters! in a way this is like buying paint, you start out with dollar cromes the genaric flat black the stock cap. then you move on to some good paint, fat caps skinny caps ect...

dont go out and spend 300 plus on markers because if you dont know how to use them, you wasted it.

3. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

Yeah im also learnin about writers in my city, but that's much easier because i can learn just by asking other writers

I have a problem with markers right now... here we dont have sharpies either XD
    I have been using really cheap markers just like these:

[Broken External Image]:http://zonacolor.com/images/724669.gif

but they are SHIT. I've been trying to find something between that and the pro ones, but without result, so at the end ill have to buy something a litle more expensive...

Oh, and what you say about cans, here people never use 1 buck cans, cause spanish montana cans are sold for a little more than 2 :)

4. Danooo

Danooo New Member

Hi everyone!

i already tried to write on walls in an abandoned factory near where i live, i have a question about filling letters with colors: what is the best way to do it? would it be better to have any particular cap to to that?

if you have any other tips, thanks :)

byeee!

5. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

You could use different caps, but if you're new to it.. you should work with what it comes with. I commonly use fat caps for big area fills on big letters.. but again if you're just starting work with the stock caps to get a feel. More often then not even strokes back and forth creates a solid non-patchy fill.
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I was hoping to see some people drop some N's. I feel like my N is stale and redundant, yet when I think I am going to lay out something new.. I feel like it looks the same. I'm not looking to chomp up peoples style like Pacman, just hoping to see something different to rework my own.

Thanks.

6. Jarret

Jarret Senior Member

ac3.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_147_l_10f11aab3f54495b886229accbf8f99a.png

what are the white lines called?

7. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

what white lines?
    all i se are black lines lol

8. medacog1

medacog1 Senior Member

where can i get a glass scratching pen.. a scribe.. ive been googling companys trying to scam a company for a..sample but i cannot find one?

9. Jarret

Jarret Senior Member

the ones i circled with the black

10. Jarret

Jarret Senior Member

i just bought the 25th anniversary edition thanks .i love books.and imma try and get "style wars".i seen "bomb it" and it was dope! it changed the way i look at things now,especially graffiti.

11. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

:rolleyes: Cmon dude use your head , You can get any Type of sandpaper, just stick/super glue it on the end of any marker, but I suggest something where you an easily replace it, and tadah, you have your own glass scratcher :p

@ Jarrett: OH THOSE LOL, its a piece with a inner glow to it. its basically like the samething like a inner outline but instead of it being just a solid line its just a inner glow. atleast I think what those are lol

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  12. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

@Jarrett they're called highlights where I come from.

13. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Same here.

14. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

ahh sure call the highlights, i forgot lol i don't study on pieces taht much so i wouldn't know alot of the terms

15. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Oddly enough I thought it was an attempt to trace the letters..
    I was glad to find out otherwise..

16. Jarret

Jarret Senior Member

ohh ok , i was thinking they were called high lights.it hit me today just randomly.

can you show me a piece with a inner glow?

17. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

Hey guys whats up?

anyways, I copped a zig woodcraft marker blue from my friend, I was gonna empty it out and i noticed that my friend juiced the nib already -.-.

Would it help by taking the nib out and bleaching it for like 6 hours just to get everything out?

18. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

what should i do with my empty cans?

19. Fury

Fury Elite Member

^ Throw them out?

20. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

sometihng other than that can you recycle them or anything?