Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

no im from the mecca of hip hop aka belfast

by switching it up you mean using straight bars or flaring at the top?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Fresker, that belongs in the Intermediate thread.

3. 4HER

4HER Member

FRESK... tasty.
    I think id only suggest that maybe you be careful not to let the letters merge together too much? The letters are real nice but theyre gettin cramped, particularly on the second one..

4. extinct

extinct Senior Member

jus realized how i screwed up the 3d... knew somethin was wrong with the 3d but here it is the long waited simple (cheer clap be happy).... not rlly
    View attachment 576237
    jus thought i could make ma stuff look better with this...
    View attachment 576238

5. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

you dont get much love because its gay... it did turn out bad. concentrate on your letters. and all that stuff hiphop lives blabla rap is dying blablabla my heart bleeds because the decay of culture (which youve never really experienced from what i can tell) all that crap makes you look way too gay to give love.

the char isnt that bad though except his can control

6. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

i lol'd irl

7. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

I did as well.

8. 4HER

4HER Member

EQS Man... maybe im playin devils advocate here, so to speak, but....
    Maybe you should give up on letters altogether and be a character writer? Its obvious that youre way more interested in that kinda shit.
    Ive certainly known some people in my time who just do crazy characters and murals but dont bother with pieces much, just a couple handstyles here and there...
    If you were to do that though, would be best to move away from cliche hiphop shit...

9. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

Blackbook efforts

Hey guys, Im fairly new to this. Heres some pages from my blackbook. Id really appreciate some honest (and detailed if possible) feedback.
    Please ignore any crowns and or words saying king. I know Im still a toy.
    I do need help with my colours but some of the ones here are cause Im low on pens. But I have found a great 'supplier' so Im slowly building up my collection. ;)
    And obviously on some of the black & white pics the 'colours' are just bleed through.
    Also ignore notes such as 'done on cap' or 'cycle helmet'. I customise clothes so those are for my reference.

I write Cuban or C75.

And I havent gone through the whole sticker thread but does anyone know where to get free stickers in the UK? Apart from racking them obviously.

[Broken External Image]:http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1155/25034387.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3747/1001r.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7279/1002n.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4715/1003o.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/870/1004gk.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4003/1005id.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6718/1006bu.jpg

10. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

11. extinct

extinct Senior Member

[/QUOTE]EQS Man... maybe im playin devils advocate here, so to speak, but....
    Maybe you should give up on letters altogether and be a character writer? Its obvious that youre way more interested in that kinda shit.
    Ive certainly known some people in my time who just do crazy characters and murals but dont bother with pieces much, just a couple handstyles here and there...
    If you were to do that though, would be best to move away from cliche hiphop shit...[/QUOTE]
    tru dat... good idea tho... jus a whole lot a dinosaurs around vancity seems pretty dope... gunna try stencils an some slaps

yo cuban the one with wings is dope

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
  12. mexico

mexico Member

cuban_ hey man you have some solid stuff, all kinda retro LA status.
    prea_ saw you other stuff, liek that KEEN much better. fucking love that blocky shit, you gotta roller that on a wall. i think your N needs a slightly thinner diagonal bar, maybe dont bring it all the way to the bottom of the right bar.

any words of wisdom, chapos? 3d is not perfect.
    ai28.tinypic.com_e9gi86.jpg

13. sezer

sezer Member

vbump

14. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

That shit on the S and R is unnecessary, the hole in the E too.

that keen up there would make a straight roller, or like a big ass spot

15. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

Another sketch for a friend of mine:
    ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj168_Griffery0508_Photo46.jpg

16. sezer

sezer Member

NosE2: work on it, especially the E, it looks really weird with the middle bar close to the top like that but I really like the 1st one you posted. i'm talking about the 2nd post.

lost_is_getting_up: work on it man, start simple for now and then advance from time to time, then you can start adding shit to your letters.

lost_is_getting_up: <just another one.... any comment? -SNIP-> basically what I said for your 1st one. but in conclusino you need to start simple bro and advance from other writers but dont bite them. that's the only way you'll get better and you're putting alot of hard effort in your work then alot of us says that it is ugly.

kelsey: pretty nice, I'd fix up that L and aswell with the S. not really feeling it but yeah.

anyways here is my piece, crits?

ai25.tinypic.com_2i8dao6.jpg

crits?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  17. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Prea
    The K is obviously in front of the other letters as told by the 3d and overlap but then the other letters, especially the second E, look like they are just next to each other. You could try angling the bottom bar of the E's. That would give more opportunity for the shadow to do the same as the K. I know that would possibly mean switching up the E's altogether but try it. Make the diagonal bar of the N like the top diagonal bar of the K. So it mirrors it a bit. It will also make the N a bit thinner.

@Mexico
    I like it but theres something that just looks wrong with the 3D on that bar coming down. And tbh Im not sure what. It may just be the way youve shaded it. Even the pencil lines tell a story and add direction that may be unintended. (Can you tell I went to art school lol)

@B Squared
    Lovin that Kelsey! Good colour work.

@Sezer
    I agree about those unnecessary bits. Especially just having the one hole on the last pic there. Id make the letters a bit more bold (they seem to thin out a bit at the bottom) and bring that green colour higher so it looks like an equaliser. But thats just me lol. Id def bring them higher tho. The colours on the shadow need changing up. I think the gray (?) needs to be darker. Try going over it with the red already on there, I think it might work. Im rubbish at doing that style on shadow tbh. I need to work on it mself.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  18. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

19. shore 616

shore 616 Member

20. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

either or... i just meant avoiding the flare at the bottom, u could do either one and itd be different

and i asked if u were in chicago cuz i saw the xmen piece that u were taking influence from, i thought u actually TOOK that picture not just took it from the net haha