Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

REST IN PEACE KEITH ELAM AKA GURU (gangstarr)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StayBlazed, Apr 20, 2010.

Share This Page

1. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

Whats everyones take on Solar?

Personally, I think hes tryin to cash in on everything Guru related, Guru owned the Gangstarr label and any merch associated with it, so all profits go to Solar.

Would a man on his death bed be thinking about awards and tributes?

My theory:

When Guru was in some financial troubles Solar stepped in and said I'll help you out a little, you join 7 Grand records. So Solar benifits financially from his cash cow MC. I hate to think it, but Solar and Guru might have been a couple. Either Solar was obsessed with Guru or just wants to seem to be so close that he gets all the monies involved.

READ THE FAREWELL LETTER, GURU IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A WORDSMITH, THOSE WORDS AREN'T ELOQUENT

2. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

i highly doubt he wrote the letter. seems odd

and his fam said hes been in a coma since febuary so...

3. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

He mett his moment of truth ... now the song has more meaning yo

4. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

Furrreal, RIP Guru, its strook me after hearing this that him and primo settled there stuff
    And I was listenin to Full Clip and I thought to myself, someone should really make a full clip for guru, but a sumone actually good..if only Big L could come back and repay the favor

RIP Guru Big L and Gang Starr..would have loved to hear a new updated formula :'(

5. DicesST92

DicesST92 Member

There are only 2 MC's still rhyming to this day (I believe) who I'd want to see make a Full Clip to Guru, those would be Rakim or Nas.
    About the letter, it's weird yeah, and numerous people claim to think Solar has done some ghostwriting in it.

6. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

theres youtube videos of gurus nephew crying about how solar and his wife pretended to be his parents, and wouldnt let the familiy to see him

hes making a movie and a book about his life,
    fuck solar it wont even mention primo
    that letters suspect

7. g1ll

g1ll Member

8. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

Bumpin tons of guns rest inpeace

9. syne7

syne7 Senior Member

I feel bad about hearing about this 2 days late, I was just listening to Moment of Truth when I clicked this thread. R.I.P Guru and Big L.

10. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

NAS for sure, idk bout Rakim I heard him a couple off times but he doesn't catch my attention he's good but I just don't think so,(imo) and ya from what I heard I agreee...fuck solar

11. the cannabis evangelist

if anyones gunna do a rip song it shud be primo and group home

12. Spraycan Stories

Spraycan Stories Senior Member

Yes.

13. mear 1

mear 1 Member

why does this happen to all the good rappers why not to the ones that suck like jay z,Wayne and other fakes.:(

14. the cannabis evangelist

also the fact that solar is talking about movie deals instead of talking about a rest in peace posse cut should tell u his intention

unless all proceeds go to gurus foundation/son he can eat hiphops dick

atleast if guru was siting here right now he could look back and say he stayed true to the scene and never compramised his belifes for a profit

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  15. downunder

downunder Senior Member

Part of the "farewell letter" sounds like some legal contract bullshit... it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't often give a fuck when famous people die, but damn. Rest in peace Guru.

16. IllLogic

IllLogic Senior Member

jay-z wasnt a fake he maybe a little washed out now but his old shit was tough specially tht shit wit big l

17. the cannabis evangelist

word i could care about patrick sweyzee or michAL Jackson
    but you know guru would of continued to contribute know matter how much or little his shit would of sold

and jay z is exactly wat im talking about with compramising belifes . if he was on his death bed hed be thinking'' wow i wish i woulda put out more ish like reasonble doubt instead of umberella''

18. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

Yeah Guru was Representing that Raw Hip Hop shit he remembered that rap is some thing you do. Hip Hop is a life style. Ya gotta clear ya mind outta that violence shit and get more into becoming heads on the rise. Unity

19. StayBlazed

StayBlazed Senior Member

TO me its just bitching, i think what mathers is that we lost a big General in the game, and us next generation, should keep up with those type of dudes. If you get what i mean, its our time, fuck the past, we the future

20. soapsteez

soapsteez Senior Member

Fuck solar that snake bitch, he admitted he wrot parts of gurus fairwell letter