Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Skateboarding Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASEN, Apr 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

yeah dude tell me about it.
    injurys suck.
    i broke my wrist, now i bugg out about like falling and catching myself...or like i dunno, just anything.
    shit suckss

2. mosezone

mosezone Senior Member

i wish i would have fucked up my wrist instead of my ankle, cause you can skate with a fucked up wrist, but i still can't really skate right with my ankle.

3. dcite

dcite Elite Member

sometimes after like a month or two long break you come back and some tricks are so much more comfortable than the last time you skated. pretty strange. sometimes.

4. thatkidyouknew

thatkidyouknew Elite Member

that always happens to me but i get into diffrent kicks like ill skate alot for two months then not skate for like two weeks haha its very strange

5. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

nah i got my kick before heels to. and switch heels before my regular heels. :)

6. ghost city

ghost city Senior Member

thats killer haha, I actually learnt varial kickflips before kickflips, then kickflips then heelflips. my heelflips are nicer then my kickflips (like popping them higher and catching them) but kickflips are easier to do down stairs and shit. weird.

7. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

oh god! me tooooooooooo!!!!!! hahaha the varial flip thing! lol. its cuz it just felt easier.

8. ghost city

ghost city Senior Member

yeah haha, just way easier to get the flip in there with the pop shove too. then i forgot how to do varial flips. and it took me fucking forever to re learn them haha

9. aeSOP.314.

aeSOP.314. Senior Member

On topic of heel before kick/kick before heel,did anybody push mongo when they 1st started or is it just me, and whats eveyones opinion on mongo? i feel like it dont matter if your nailing tricks. i personally dont push mongo anymore but never had a problem when i did

10. thatkidyouknew

i started mongo super hard but i looked at how gay it looked so i stoped haha

11. Methree

Methree Member

I push mongo when I'm switch.

12. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

I used to push mongo when I started, but then broke the habit fast after everybody told me how lame it was. Set up time and everything for tricks sucks, especially if you don't have a lot of room to get your footing right before hitting whatever it is you're going for. And it looks stupid. I mean, I'm not really big into that whole image thing with skateboarding, that you gotta look good to actually skate good, but with mongo, it just looks really bad. The kids that just bought their first World Industries complete set up and rock the skate parks, snaking everybody on every obstacle all day long push mongo. That's usually how it goes.

I have no problem with pushing mongo when you're switch, because that's different. If you're skating switch, that's like skating 2x as hard as you normally would, so if pushing mongo makes it easier when you're switch, then do it.

That's just my two cents on the whole "mongo" thing.

13. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

i dunno dude, i push mongo just cuz, thats how i push, i skate goofy.
    so i like pushing with my right foot better.
    i dont get fucked up with balance n stuff, when i try to push with my left foot i do....

14. thatkidyouknew

but watch it on video and you see how much of a dork you look like! :p

15. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

haha, i dunno, i cant get comfortable pushing the other way...

16. PureArt420

PureArt420 Banned

i used to push mongo but then my friend was like "dont push mongo it looks hella gay" so i just stopped.... it only took like a week

17. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

every time i see the little kids at my local park pushing mongo, i do everything i can to make them stop doing it, thus preventing them from essentially ruining their entire lives. it's just not right.

18. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Haha, I mean mongo looks wack, but if thats how ya gotta skate, get it done.

But anyway, I got heels down before kicks too...but I cant even do heels anymore.

19. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

i say this every year...but for real, this summer i wanna skate only switch, and get that shit dowwwwwwwwwnnn
    but that never happens cuz i get so frustrated hahaha

20. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

i did something like that, and it worked pretty good. whenever i'd skate my friend's miniramp, or any vert for that matter, i would force myself to learn all of my ramp tricks switch. after a few weeks, i could do pretty much anything switch that i was doing regular. as for street, that's another story...:rolleyes: