Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Example1

Example1 Member

I agree with you there. im seriously diggin the black fill

2. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

It would look better if the page was black also instead of white for sure....

3. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

ya word... dude those highlights make that shit pop... dope as hell

4. AcesFirst

AcesFirst Member

Slop i like the style. if anything just a tad to thin.
    Mogan love the piece and the black fill makes it.

5. anarone

anarone Senior Member

That black fill just made that doper dude... really really feeling that there!

6. YeSnOmAyBe

YeSnOmAyBe Member

art crime shits lookin dopetaskic. we should do a exchange.. ive been righting sence 02' too but i took 2 years or so for school but i just started up agian like 3 monthes ago my can control is doo doo right now so my drawings are deff to advanced for my can skills

7. Female

Female Senior Member

Untitled-1.jpg Once again at school. Some random shit i put into the letters. Tell me which should go into(used Photoshop)

8. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

that looks identical to the other letters you posted..remember the little add on's you add to the letters dont really make it look dope its just random shit,if the letters are wack its gonna be wack..maybe you should do keyboard letters for now instead of throwups

9. anarone

anarone Senior Member

I agree with flipping chickens it takes a while do develop bubble style/throw up letters and i found it quicker to do once i understood simple keyboard letters and bar structure... Just copy letters from the keyboard keeping bars the same width and letters the same height to begin with... I'll draw you a quick example after i have done my homework.

10. ART_CRIME

ART_CRIME New Member

One of the guys from "the beastie boys" used to write slop.

11. ART_CRIME

ART_CRIME New Member

i'll send old sketches. i barley have time for graff now.

12. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Bore - Start from this... (I know its like done in 5 seconds but its for the idea)
    ai53.tinypic.com_4h5zsz.gif

My 2 sketches from the past 4 months... Crits please?
    ai54.tinypic.com_309h5wo.gif
    ai56.tinypic.com_e0pcur.gif

13. Example1

Example1 Member

Well i know im gunna get hazed for this but i wanted to try to do a full page piece. First try on one of these so here goes. Crits welcome

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z92_mystery504life_fullpage.png

14. anarone

anarone Senior Member

The fact that your going for a full pager isn't the bad thing about it. Its the letters that is your problem i like the colours on the page and the top left is pretty fresh but you need to do keyboard letters and understand structure for now before you try and add style in because thats just not working. Copy the letters off the keyboards same height and same width until you understand how they are formed.

15. Example1

Example1 Member

I agree with you that the style is shit. my other styles come out much better then this. But as for copying letters, i have a perfect understanding how the letters are formed. It just seems everytime i post a little tweak on a letter people say its shit because it doesnt look like a keyboard letter. I don't get it. isnt the point of a style to tweak letters so they have a little flare? its getting on my nerves actually.

16. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Theres no consistency or structure in those letters though. Ok so you've went for a sort of spooky theme... do the letters as keyboard letters and do like spooky drips going off them or something like that ? Post some other stuff up i haven't been posting long so i cant really tell you what too do from other styles you have tried.

17. Example1

Example1 Member

The problem with keyboard letters is theres no visual eye candy for the letters. i could put as much added on designs as i want but if the letters are boring and simple then its still going to look boring and simple no matter how much extra stuff is on there.

heres a little throwie.

lalalala.jpg

18. anarone

anarone Senior Member

A dope simple is so much better than a failed wildstyle. You see those are sort of bubblier letters... there is little structure to it. You need to understand keyboard structure so that you can develop your letters into something more developed and advanced and i don't think your in a position to be doing that... I'll draw you up a free exchange though, so keep looking and i'll have something for you.

19. Diesel

Diesel Member

i know what u mean bro

20. anarone

anarone Senior Member

You guys are acting as if I'm trying to scrutinize what you guys are doing when I am only being honest and trying to tell you so that you know where too get better or improve... I'm sure people like Mogan can back me up with this.