Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah that shits dooooopppe ive seen footage of them doing it right near a street and you see the cars moving in the room
    tripp of a life tiiime

2. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

Maybe I'm just too nice. I don't care about stealiing from stores and shit, but personal items is crossing the line for me. O well

Ken Rockwell has a lot of good info, but this book has put things in different perspective and has taught me some cool things already. Everyone on another photog forum I go on suggested it. I'm glad I bought it.

3. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

nope not ambient.

softbox to the left and to the right. the one to the right was 2 stops lower

4. Graff J up

Graff J up Senior Member

so yall recommend a d5000 over a t1i?

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

6. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

I ask everyone this when they ask about buying a camera, so please dont think im attacking you.

Do you know what aperture is and how it effects your light and depth of field?
    Do you know what ISO is and what it does?

while having a camera in your hand and learning with it helps alot, i think those 2 things are the most important to learn before you even buy a camera. i cant tell you how many people buy expensive gear then keep it on green box mode all the time. might aswell have a point & shoot in that case.

7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

8. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

jacking cameras is on some bitch made shit, little children or not. it's the same as someone stealing your bands van and jacking all their gear.

9. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

10. Graff J up

Graff J up Senior Member

isnt aperture when you change the opening to let in how much light you want?
    and yeah the smaller the aperture the sharper both background and the foreground is, and making it bigger focuses more on the foreground right?
    n iso is like the sensitivity with light ?

at least i think it is iuno i was readin a book about photography and saw all those words so i decided to look em up a few weeks ago:p

11. Graff J up

Graff J up Senior Member

n yeah stealing someones camera is pretty fucked up but then again if i had the chance i would and sell it on craigslist to get the extra $$

12. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Man if you not down with stealing then its gonna burn you some day, may as well ride the wave!!!

theifing is how it gets down here !

keep my camera at my side like its my child, anyother way then its your own fault if your shit gets murked

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  13. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

correct, now go buy a D5000 and shoot

15. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

yup basically, but you need to know how each one effects the other. say you want some nice bokeh in the background, but there isnt enough light to shoot with that low of an aperture.

would you raise your iso to compensate? or would you lower your shutter speed? what are the benefits of doing each? Raising your ISO might give you some noise, while lowering your shutter speed might give you some camera shake and cause blur. its good to know when, how, and why to use certain things in different situations :)

16. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

The book "understanding exposure" is awesome if you are learning about how each thing plays along with the other. That and Ken Rockwell will literally leave you with no questions about photography.

I was about to buy some lighting but then my car and computer break. Fuck my life.

17. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Yo giz a holla on a nice TLR, cheap though just want one for a fuckabout

18. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

actually never mind, id be lying to myself if i said i gave a fuck about those cameras.

19. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

if I was gonna get a tlr i'd want a mamiya c330, but I'm not gonna get a tlr

20. Boris The Blade

Boris The Blade Member

ive been trying to get ahold of a tlr, but have had no time to look the local store or anything.