Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. RottingPumpkins

RottingPumpkins Member

Can anyone tell me where to find Griffin Ink at besides online? I've been told Walgreens but didn't find any there. I didn't want to look through 500 and some pages cause I am a lazy bastard.

2. SAID

SAID Moderator

well heres an answer for you "lazy bastard",
    GOOGLE

3. m+s

m+s Senior Member

gaahaahahaha
    [Broken External Image]:http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/flushing money down the toilet.jpg
    what a waste

i dont care about how well it takes a buff, my only criteria is fade resistance. ive been using my own brew but it eats markers at the seams. is witches brew as ill as they advertise it to be? whats good?

4. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

just use ghetto krink

5. live-EVIL

live-EVIL Member

INK TAgs

i want to try something never done and i dont know if it wil work. if anyone ahs any knowledge about SECURITY INK TAGS and how permanent they are let me know. i work at a retail store with boxes and boxes of ink tags and cut out almost a dozen of those 2 inch glass tubes.i realize this stuff is highly permanent and does anybody know what would be the best way to make a flowpen or mop out of these ink? i am pretty sure it will work just dont know how to start off. plese help.

6. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I'm not sure how you'd thin it, but my friend did it and said it's pretty good.

7. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

hettinger... u seem to lurk pretty frequently these days... any new recipes in the last 2 years or so? ive looked over the last few pages, and i havent seen much different.

ghetto krink/junobo
    pen ink
    acrylic mixes

pretty much classics i guess.

and a suggestion for the glow in the dark... use glow in the dark paint and thin it. i know they sell glow fabric paint at michaels, and its acrylic based, so yeah. or mix crushed glow chalk with a lightly colored thin acrylic paint, like white, or even some acrylic clear coat or glaze and run that through a mop. go try it out... most places in my city are too well lit for glow in the dark tags. keep that in mind.

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

no new recipies unfortunately, just fucken around with decos, grab a handful of ur desired color then pop em open and walah

9. SAID

SAID Moderator

one of the best thigns about witches is that it goes on the darkest black possible. like its fucking OPAQUE.

10. XCES

XCES Member

i actually just did something new today. well new as far as i know. I took a 4oz clear body mop and put the contents of 4 jumbo sharp oil-paint pens in it, filled the rest up with some basic homemade red ink (pen tube and alcohol shit) and got this sick deep purplish blue. It goes on really opaque like a paint base but i did a quick buff test and it seemed to really come threw like a dye based ink. Not Quite as well as a dye based ink but i could still see it alright after the second coat of white. Im definatly going to rack some more of those pens from micheals and play around with different colors, i think im onto something here haha

11. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

kinda... its been done before. but yeah run with it. kinda like the kr markers. bleed through the buff paint.

and thanks for the update hett.

now back to the streets.

EDIT:

oh, and for these ghetto krink mixes, u can use charcoal starter fluid. its basically the same shit as mineral spirits as they are both mostly vm&p naphtha, and is way cheaper if u get some walmart/dollar store brands. it doesnt dry as fast as acetone, but it works.

speaking of acetone, you can use nail polish remover to thin gk as well. get the one with highest acetone content u can find. they sell that shit at dollar stores too. at dollar tree they sell a little tub of finger nail polish remover. its basically a small jar with a plastic anus on top for the women ladies to stick their fingers into to get the polish off. thats 100% acetone.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  12. immoral

immoral Elite Member

As you all know, long ago Mint G was hitting the scene here in my area. Well it is making a come back with Metal body, pump action markers.

We'll release more on this when we get the photos done and such.

13. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

14. Solace_one

Solace_one Member

A'ight, so my dumb-ass apprentice mixed me up some acrylic/brake fluid shit, and then he majorly over-thinned it with water. Now, it's pretty dope, dries in a heartbeat on painted surfaces, but my nib is RIP on my pump-system and when I tried putting it in markers, it drained right back out. Wtf? Can I boil it back down or something? Or is it worth it to try?

I've been stuck on Marks-A-Lot recently, killin' them city busses... very nice. I got a handfull from the public library--I'm too fucking poor to buy anything....

15. whatunead

whatunead Member

what do you use to thin india ink? i filled an empty k-71 with india ink, and it wont full absorb into the nib--it just stays on the surface. even if i juice it before a tag, halfway through it starts gettin streaky. ive used india ink in mops before with wonderful results.

16. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

chances are your nib is clogged from what the k71 was filled with before. and also, india ink is a poor choice to use for inks in general. just saying.

17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea india ink is good for bb's and shit but it wont stand too well outside.

18. ErrorOner...

ErrorOner... Elite Member

Yo hett I was on here years ago and you posted a bitumen recipe that uses DAP roof sealant. I tried to find it to no avail...do you happen to know it still??

19. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

hrm idk about the roof sealant, but if it says it has bitumen in it, al u gotta do is thin it with naphtha, like too much so its really thin, then filter it a couple times, cuz i think they put sand and shit in it.

then boil it down so its a good opaque, u can always add more naphtha to thin it.

20. whatunead

whatunead Member

i dont know. india ink is a hell of alot doper than krink. good drips, good opacity, doesnt fade....pretty easy to buff but leaves a ghost depending on the surface.