Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Dumpster Diving Thread!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sk8er6, Jul 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. zenne

zenne Elite Member

no you cant... once its in the trash, its public property...

2. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

no. its the store dumpster and its also on the stores property so they could call the cops on you for dumpster diving but i doubt they would,they would just tell you to get out of there and give you weird looks for now on everytime they see you

3. zenne

zenne Elite Member

right but i dont see why they would care as lopng as your not vandalizing it or making a mess, its just trash... besides, if your new to painting or whatever, you could use those big ass pieces of cardboard to paint or draw on. my dad brings me 4x5 ft pieces of cardboard from work and i use them as canvas...

4. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

um, no. dumpster diving is illegal in alot of states.

5. Tokenkaligreens

Tokenkaligreens Elite Member

its why a lot of them have locks, if it was legal they wouldn't need locks. Also if some idiot slips and breaks his neck he cant sue, because its illegal and tresspassing to dumpster dive. know the laws its just stupid not to.

6. zenne

zenne Elite Member

they probably have locks so people/animals dont make a mess...

7. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

fixed

8. zenne

zenne Elite Member

thanks for the edit, thats what i meant.

9. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

10. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

11. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  12. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

yeee food not bombs!

13. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

yea it's illegal, but the cops ain't gonna make a big deal about it.......last time i was doin it at night and cops rolled by n all they did was have a talk telling us how a hobo tried to get in the wal-mart compactor and died....and then we showed the cops all the nice stuff we got n they were like "kewl" and then they just left and let us do our own business

so yea, don't tweak if cops come when ur diving..

14. 8732

8732 Senior Member

I used to go dumpster diving behind a gas station. I got a shit ton of magazines. It was pretty cool.

15. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

The reason they have locks is not really to discourage diving. The place I work has locks on their dumpsters. The reason being is that when they didn't have locks, people would come at night and dump their trash in the dumpsters and then they wouldn't have any room to throw away their own trash until it was picked up. I don't really they have diving in mind when they lock a dumpster.

16. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Businesses WILL lock their dumpster to prevent hobos and punks from diving. People are fucking stupid sometimes and want everyone to assimilate to the american dream and get a house and a job, and consider getting stuff from dumpsters free loading. As for cops, just ignore them. Be polite and respect them if they roll up on you. If they tell you to leave just go dumpster somewhere else. If they tell you to stop either stop, or go somewhere else. The most they could give you is a trespassing citation, but dumpstering pays for itself, even if you do get fined. Also keep in mind dumpstering is recycling in its purest form. You are saving taxpayer money and landfill space preventing the items from being brought to the recycling center or landfill. Any argument AGAINST dumpster diving is purely propaganda intended to make you conform and behave in our unequal and unjust unsustainable prison society.

17. dior

dior Senior Member

im going this friday sounds so good im gunna go to sherman williams and home dept is rite next to it

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  18. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

fresh bread anyone?

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3611_3647473423_e26c7c1483_b.jpg

19. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

mmmmmm.....damn, good come up.

20. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

El my dude,
    you need to drop some tips on a *****