Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. El-Gnar

El-Gnar Member

So nobody believes me when I tell them that wallmart and target and other bigg corporations like that hire secret shoppers to follow people who are shoplifting. So one of my homies went to walmart and tried to walk out with a cart full of shit and got followed to the parking lot and the secret shopper held him down till the cops came.

My best advice is dont rack at places like that. They get there jollies by catching shoplifters.

2. truflke

truflke Member

cameras DO catch your ass. If you're two teenagers walking in Rona, heading directly for the paint section, they're gonna stare your ass down on the monitors. Once you pocket that shit, they'll come out of their camera rooms and stop you at whatever exit or entrance you're leaving out of. I've been there, done that.

3. syne7

syne7 Senior Member

They're not called 'secret shoppers' they're called LP's or loss prevention (which makes sense). Anyways these guys like to dress up and walk around but its so easy to tell that they are on to you because they follow you around and stare at you to see what your doing. Some stores even have 2 or 3 walking around at a time. Also, they dont really monitor the cameras as much as you think. When you walk in and look suspicious one of the employes like the door stops will page them on the walkie talkie to watch you, and sometimes if your in a big enough group they will send out a LP. Other than that your in the clear, if you think about it you have to memorize each camera button in order to follow someone around and if your zig zaging through isles like I am, they might loose you.

4. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Mystery shoppers often look like normal people, and if they're good at it, you won't know they were stalking you. One looked like a fucking tweaker and even said "what's up" to me, then I saw him running out the door after some stupid girl who tried pocketing a watch.

5. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

If you know what you're doing, spotting LPs gets as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

6. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

good to know, wallmart cans for fills, black rustos for outlines

7. Graff J up

Graff J up Senior Member

can anyone give me any tips on how to steal cans, i tried pretending in my room but the fucking can buldges out from my shirt

8. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

wear a button up over ur t shirt, itl look better n provide more bagginess? haha

9. Teyegris313

Teyegris313 Member

micheals is very relaxed at the one i go to, so i shouldnt get caught

10. Teyegris313

Teyegris313 Member

if the cashier tries to pick up the trash can and you refuse to let him your fuked! lmao!

11. gunone

gunone Member

Yo i was in dollar Gen and at my dollar Gen They got
    Good Quality Paint and some crazy mo fuckle tried to
    Jump on me so i sprayed him wit paint but before that
    He chased to just about to my neighborhood Thats about a mile
    I mean is it that important that he catch me or wat

12. SDgrafnewb

SDgrafnewb New Member

So this depends on the store i suppose but with 2 people it's easier way to get past sensors... and probably better if you don't plan on going again... You go in the store grab what you want, and again try not to make it too obvious or too much.... if you want to purchase a bag of stuff to hide it in or in general can be a double edged sword could be helpful might not.... basically have your friend wear a hoodie and act like he's going to steal something... he wants to get LP attention but he wont actually take anything...
    You will both leave the store at the same time, you will set off the sensor but your friend will book it out of the store at same time so it looks like he set off the alarm, not you, and he'll run, he'll get chased you can stare in shock to play it off then walk away... if they grab him he's got nothing on him, can say he was in a rush to leave for emergency at home... mean while you've walked away with the stuff....

Just be careful where you do it, i've seen higher end stores stop everyone when a sensor goes off, but usually only care about the shady guy... or at W-mart i've seen nothing before if it's late at night or w.e... specially the 24 hr ones

Disclaimer: No one should steal, I've never done this, no one should, it's all hypothetical like OJ's book... =D gotta love the legal system

13. Rathaus

Rathaus New Member

I only have 2 stores in my area, so its pretty easy to rack.. I don't like wearing a rucksack or anything because I'm 13, it just looks sketch as fuck.. but if I don't, I can only get 2-3 cans max.. is it worth the risk? One (homebase) definitely has LP, but the other one, hobbycraft, just has tons of staff around..

14. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

You live in Norway?
    You better listen to black metal, kid.

15. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

Hmm me and my friend were just walking about looking for a bodega when we see this small hardware store. We walked in to buy some sprite when we noticed that there was no one. We looked and we saw some rollers and bucket paint. So we got some bucket paint and one of those small roller. There WAS paint but it was locked because its a gay ass NYC rule. Who knows, maybe the key was next to the registrer.

16. FriendlyNeighborhoodBombr

FriendlyNeighborhoodBombr New Member

Is this true? Because i live right up the street from lowes and ive never tried rackin there, i might soon.

17. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

You dont make it very clear. Did a worker stop him as you first said(and a cop was in the area) or did a cop stop him? Because if it was only a worker then the should've just ran.

18. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

a1.bp.blogspot.com__xROJkmjGTX4_SzhmKf3dBLI_AAAAAAAAAEk_u3aQQj4jhIU_s320_BomberJacket.jpg

now this is how its done. Hoodies arent as good as this. you open a hole in the lining of the jacket, which you'll understand if you have one. Do it on both sides. Now, put some of that tape that melts when you iron it on the sides, and iron it so its smoother. Now you have the biggest goddamn pockets in the world. be sure to make the cut near the zipper and at the top, so the cans can fall out (the cans can fall out if you make a low cut, it has happened to my friend, thank god the owner didnt notice the broken lock and the can banging against the floor.) Also if theres some random tubes of oil paint or markers you like, just stuff them in your sleeves throught the side you put your arm in, since the bands around your wrist will hold everything tight. The modified pockets cave in when you are going to put something in, but stay closed when you're walking. I think you dont even need to rack anything in your pants, it'll be too fucking heavy :p. This is the only way I rack, except for the summer, in which you just bring a light hoodie and a messenger bag modified with magnets so it opens easily but stays tight. In Queens theres this staples and michaels right next to each other, I go rack a 4 pack of liners, a pack of lumi colors, an envelope moistener(still trying to make a lid for this), those window painter mops,then go take all the weird caps off the glue and super 77's and the rusto fats of the elmers glue. I walk in, look at something thats right next to the art supplies but is out of stock(trifold boards during exit project season). then you do what needs to get done. After doing so, I ask an emplyee if they have any trifold boards, of course they say no, I leave. If theres any employee sticking around and you have a friend, make your friend make the employee follow him to something related to what you're supposedly doing, but far away. Then you pack up and go. For michaels, Me and my friend walk in, stuff shit until we can barely walk, then buy a $1.99 tube of guacamole green oil paint. I havent racked anything more than like 5 cans at a time, so I cant give you any shopping cart-full-of-cans tips.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  19. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

Its funny that you say this because this happened to my dad yesterday, but im quite sure he didnt rack a bag of paint.

20. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

In the Hollister in Manhattan, a lot of people are naked. You can walk inside in briefs and then go to the changing rooms, put a shitload of clothing, and just leave. No one will notice a 14 year old when its so dark.