Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Long island

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by GRAFFITIGRAFFITI, Jun 10, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

Dizzy Off Paint Fumes Member

I'm from south nassau, been here almost 20 years now. There aint shit going on.. sorry. I know what it used to be and I see what it is now: NOTHING. I don't even understand how a kid growing up on LI even gets into graffiti in the first place nowadays, theres hardly any to be seen. When I was growing up in my town in South Nassau there was graff everywhere thats how I got into it, names like MadMax DK, Cost KRT, Pork HTE, Semer, What and a bunch of local dudes who only hit my area i think like Pakaso, Pashen, Sirkus and others. I can drive through town after town in nassau now and see almost nothing at all, 1 or 2 tags every 5 miles on the Meadowbrook does not a graff scene make and forget about the streets. Can one of you please tell me which towns in Nassau you think are live because I honestly can't tell and fuck the shit along the train tracks.. I'm falling asleep just thinking about those spots.

And yes LI is one of the most affluent areas in the United States, the crime rate is less than half the national average, the taxes more than double and the average home costs close to triple the national average. When bombing the majority of places here, it's like vandalizing Mayberry. Long Island is the suburban dream, a safe haven. Maybe too many of you haven't been around enough to realize this. Even the so-called hoods here are like disneyland compared to a real ghetto, people who live in those places would kill to be able to afford to live in one of LI's pretend ghettos. If you're not able to
    travel and see whats really going on in America please at least look up some facts on the internet before talking. Things like census information, FBI crime statistics stuff like that.

That being said, once upon a time, many years ago there was a graffiti scene on LI and it was pretty decent. It would be great to see that happen again but things change, you can't reverse time.

2. GenuineArtikle

GenuineArtikle Member

turnz beatle.jpg turnz3.jpg turnz.jpg turnz2.jpg

I never post anything in here..Ironicly the word "TURN "came up this week and I just painted the beatle piece at DJ Turnz new studio the other day and the mummy one is from the last studio he had, done a year or so ago.. Shitty Iphone photos

3. CFACE NHS

CFACE NHS Senior Member

Guess what i am from south nassau too lived there for 24 years..and i remember a different time as well..it has gotten less active and worse i agree..but GK is out there making shit interesting...you sound like you hate LI why don't you move somewhere else...I love LI..i hate the toys but i love where i am from...LI has changed since i was kid for the better and for the worse when it comes to graff...Hempstead is like mayberry? Freeport? Shit even Baldwin is getting bad...Valley Stream is basically rosedale now lol... Also i pretty much am sure what LIRR line is yours that you would ride into the city and noone bothers hitting that anymore so your view might be skewed...pretty sure you answered your own question about why there is no street bombing in LI.....by the way i live in Miami now and i have seen some rough hoods...and i would put Terrace ave in Hempstead right nxt to them....

4. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

^ nice dude, the mummy character and the vulture one are sick

5. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

I have no problem with LI, I hopefully will be able to relocate soon though.. I'm bored. I'm just referring to the graff scene.. it truly sucks. I'm in Freeport all the time, I have family
    there, no graff scene. I never said the entire island was like Mayberry but I would say close to 90% is, I've been all over. Hempstead is definitely hood in parts, Terrace has been cleaned up
    significantly and thats an extremely small area, that little avenue does not represent LI.

You really can't deny how safe and clean long Island is compared to much of the country, thats a good thing BTW. The affluence and exceptionally high standard of living here though does affect the graff scene which is a bad thing in my opinion.

I am curious in which ways you think the graff scene has changed for the better?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  6. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

I think you're living in the past with that Wu-Tang symbol.

7. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

I only listen to 80-90's hip hop, i'm with you.

8. justin timberlake

justin timberlake Senior Member

some of us choose to exist on our own world.

9. toys lack style

toys lack style Senior Member

I started painting from riding the train to queens everyday and whe I found out *****s from da port where writing that just made me paint more and computer against them(I beefed with a few I've been called a toy by some but now they ask me for help to paint)now I just wanna compete agains older writers to get better but all u elders do is just talk about how bad this island is but did you 4get when u started writing you was once a toy in the 80's or 90's when ever you started so I have hope for all these toys painting now adays(if any of the elders wanna compete with me let get paint go to a spot and paint cuz I would love that) it's your art that I like not you

10. street wise kings

street wise kings Member

none of you mother fuckizzzzz is walking around terrace or park$ide or them back blocks off clinton.. the Velt.. uniondale... Port Knox.. parts of Baldwin..! doesn't matter where you live or where ya from,, if your grimy your grimy...!! theres herbs and pussies in any hood.. south hempstead is all white, in the 90's you couldn't be from out of town and come strolling through there.!! dudes was fucking you up..!! Fort rock got there hot spot as well...! Inwood is grimy..! Crimedanch will get you.! copaigue will getcha.! bayshore will getcha...! nobody wants to bomb syosset..or old west bury..! theres little pockets everywhere you go..!! you live in the port but you aint on them streets, *****s will get you...! ms13 aint nothing to fuck with... graff on li aint for the streets...we rock the lirr..millions of eyeballs see our shit..! you might not see it cause your sleeping.!! go the fuck to sleep then..! nassau writers have and always will take to the boros..!! FOE-all city..! CEES-all city...! SEMER-HTE always went hard.!! GK getting it in...LAE-all CITY..! ave-swk, all over the trucks..! those trucks go all-city..!! Such-always doing his thing..!! what graff scene art you part of..? phat phaces have always been everywhere.. if all these new jacks would just go out there and paint then there would be a scene... the internet ruined graff..!! to many dudes talk shit...complain...! wine...! just get up off your mothers couch and paint..! dudes is scared...! put some wheels on ya boogie board and cruise down sunrise and catch a tag...!
    the internet is just another outlet for Fuckin Xposure...!if they had it in the 80's and early 90's then it would be full of trains..! Strong Island All DAy...! SIAD..!

11. justin timberlake

justin timberlake Senior Member

wooooooo! word the fuck... that was refreshing.!!!!!

12. tits n butt

tits n butt Member

so funny how ppl come on here whining and complaining about how too many people whine and complain....take your own advice...get offf the internet....shit will get you knocked anyway...i get high and come on here to laugh at you idiots...and im gonna type the "post" button and then grab some paint...do shit that 90% of u dont do and arent doing...computers hurt my eyes anyway....shout out to CHUCK and the whole Grime Krew...stay up kidsssss

13. street wise kings

street wise kings Member

^^^^^^^.^^^^^^.rent a name and still be a nobody...^^^

14. bad_dreams

bad_dreams Senior Member

I don't think LI is dead... taking into consideration quality of life policys in 2011 and the harsh laws now... also the actual size of the Island, you got a decent amount of writers putting in some work, some may or may not have to keep working on style, but at least they're putting in work. Call me bias... open to all arguments, but don't blow up spots... but heads keeping LI alive IN 2011 gotta be... SLOM, CELF, HATER, SUCH, CHUCK, NME, KARMA, ICU, RANDY, BINER, DEMOK, DAMA, PHETUS, WSH, GK Crew, can't think of all the names off hand.... thats who I see whos up right now with my own 2 eyes... not on the internet...

A big issue with alot of people's opinions has to do with age as well... when alot of older heads complain shit's not what it was like in the 80's, I couldn't agree more, but put yourself in the shoes of a 16 year old in 2011, I can't even imagine the distractions a kid today is faced with... Me personally, I'm getting old also and find myself complainging about my cell phoneand iphones... and how just yesterday how the hell shit actually got done relying on pay phones and running home to check your answering machine...

All in all there's an equal balance out there... depends on what your actual goal is...

15. hpir

hpir Senior Member

16. itiffarg

itiffarg Senior Member

THE WAY TO GET UP in L.I is way different then the buroughs.....an L.I knows that....the scene here isnt streets.... as much as we'd like that...think realistic

a SIMPLE TAG would last way longer than a hollow Throw because its less of an eyesore to goodie goodie neighborhood watchful people.

in the buroughs people almost dont give a shit because its bin there for so long

highway spots is either a hit or miss...because you can either get it up and just see it get buffed the next day where it never sees the light off day (it happens)
    or it can last even a few weeks

long island scene...is getting up in the right spots.. not every damm square inch...you'll bring soo much heat to yourself.

dont go painting blindly if you want to get up. be smart...... thats better than getting caught more than once -_- right?

overall...grow a pair... but practice for even the simplest shit you do ...to come out clean...hey imagine...every writer in the island was atleast able to have a nice can control....finding random shit would be more interesting...not toy shit

toys wil be toys ..doesnt mean you have to stay that way....i was a toy...call me a toy...whatever..i know how i get up...when to get up

i just like to plan shit rather then going in blindly

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  17. noname631

noname631 Senior Member

agreedd

18. Dizzy Off Paint Fumes

19. Silon295

Silon295 Senior Member

So what if long island doesnt have a scene, that just means more spots for you.

20. CFACE NHS

CFACE NHS Senior Member