Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

2. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

Latex? w or w/o water

3. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

4. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

5. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Both of those are actually used....:D

6. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

i was just trying to figure out wuts best. Fuckit i mite as well just use the white glue on asphalt :D

7. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

That just gave me a motive to do some "installation" graffiti...Hmm....i should make a forum on it!!!!!

8. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

lol, im suprised theres not a topic in the picture forum of ground graff.
    watch where u step fuckers

9. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

..Oh.....haha....i was like, why you beefing?

10. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

lol nah im sayin everyones so buisy lookn at the walls and flickn the rooftops that they dont think to look on the ground..

11. Zato

Zato Member

I read a few pages back about envelope moisteners from Staples, and figured I'd get one and try it out.

Needless to say when I found this, I was a bit disappointed. No cap to be found, the sponge sucked ass, and the thing practically exploded ink on me when I first tried it out. So I did a bit of experimentation, and came up with a fairly decent, pocket-sized mop. Here it is:

View attachment 295599

The first thing I did with it was rip off the foam and the little piece of cardboard it was sitting on. (I think that damn cardboard is what caused the major flooding in the first place...)

Next, I ripped up an old t-shirt(since I have no felt to work with around here.) and rolled it up, stuffing it into the neck of the thing.

View attachment 295600

Once I saw I could get the clear-ish piece on like a cap, I filled the fucker with water and shook it around like a drunk would shake a baby. Not a single leak, anywhere. I even squeezed it and shook it, not a drop got anywhere, so this thing is relatively safe to carry around in your pocket. If anyone's curious about a size comparison, here it is next to a Pentel White.

View attachment 295601

There you go. A nice, portable, 2 oz. mop you can get for free. All you need are deep pockets and an old shirt. Or felt, if you're not a lazy-ass like me.

Oh, and before I forget, the new 'cap' has a tiny hole in it, so I just covered it with a piece of electrical tape. Better safe than sorry, right? Also, don't tighten the cap on too tight, or you'll end up pushing the nib right into the bottle. I'm trying to work out how to fix that, but for now, only tighten it down until you feel a little resistance.

Enjoy.

12. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

AMAZING first post....you will go far, my child....

13. Zato

Zato Member

Heh, thanks. I've been lurking for a while, waiting for the other toys to ask the questions for me. I figure the best way to get into graff is to read up first, ask questions later. :D

After all, I've seen what you guys can do to toys like me. o_O;

14. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Haha...naw man, im the Lord of T&T! Trust me....ill answer any of your questions....no matter HOW stupid/toy....ask anybody else on me....:D

15. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

yea razors teh best. ive never seen him get on a toy or not defend a toy if someone else was gettin on them. after all we were all beginners before we were great. any questions are good here.

16. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Co-Signed.......:D

17. Zato

Zato Member

Well, if that's the case, then I do have a question for you guys...

Once I start using felt for my nibs, do I have to get the felt off of chalkboard erasers? Or can I get get a sheet or two from Michaels? Is there a big difference between the two? I'm planning on experimenting a lot more with the envelope moistener mops, so I want a lot of options to choose from.

18. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Well....chalkboard eraser felt seems to work the best....i wouldnt use sheet felt....a good nib would be a sponge wish a sock wrapped over the top of it....:D ....if you need further instructions on that...IM me...Psyked123

19. Zato

Zato Member

Hm... I never thought to use sponge. The sock is to make sure it doesn't get torn to hell, right? I'll have to give that a try.

Also, my current t-shirt nib doesn't seem to flow too well. Maybe I rolled it up too tight, I was wondering if I should bother poking holes in it, or just make a new nib. I'll have to get a hold of some of that felt, though, I know it'll work better than the shirt. Thanks for the help, I'll post my results after I experiment a bit more. :D

20. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

yea i think, was it razor? i think so, came up with an idea to use a sponge wrapped up in a t shirt with a straw to get the ink into the nib. ingenious. if it wasn razor then kudos to whoever did make teh idea.