Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. aaesoo

aaesoo Senior Member

that haste throw is hurtin. if it hadn't been for the hand in the corner i'd have thought it said krste.

2. emace1

emace1 Member

3. LiveFreeDieFree

LiveFreeDieFree Member

Can you give me some advice, then? Thanks.

4. nickelbagger

nickelbagger Member

@livefree for the haste purple, the colours cool, just maybe dont flare out the right leg on the H and the A, and maybe not so high on the T, like aaesoo said it makes it look like krste

5. nickelbagger

nickelbagger Member

a couple handstyles i used to write in high school, still a little shaky but you get the idea, whats good/poop?

IMG_0314.jpg IMG_0319.jpg

6. PETER

PETER Elite Member

nickle: the second one is by far better than the first.... for several reasons. The top one has a lot of extra stuff that doesn't really work (kinda like the arrows in the throw). It changes between smooth and jagged letters which throws the flow off. I suggest making your K's more like the R's in the second one. The E in the second is pretty solid, but the first one feels forced. Jump in the toy handstyle battles.

7. nickelbagger

nickelbagger Member

^ thanks man, yeah the scribe handie has always been my better one, less is more i guess and i just started trying to flare the bottom of the I like that i used to just throw a straight bar on the bottom, havent quite got it down yet, and i agree with the first one on how like the star looks wack AND the arrow is kinda goin no where hahah, but thanks for the crits boss, ill check the battle thread today

8. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

That's pretty nice deff drop those arrows, though
    IMG00614-20110913-1753.jpg
    Did this during class. sorry for the fill, i happened to be using the world's shittiest marker.
    Crits and stuff?
    Btw i know the hand is puke i did it w/o thinking

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  9. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

atom: put some type of hole in the A, space out the T so it doesn't look like a lower case r and I'm not an %100 sure but i think ur shadows a little f@#ked up. it shouldn't show a shadow on both the top and bottom i think its suppose to be one or the other. u have it goin across the whole bottom but then u only have it on the top of ur T and O. get rid of that and leave the left and bottom sides

10. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

Thanks. I the shadow is seriously f'kdup. i'll try and keep a single vanishing point.

11. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

12. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

^umm chrf? i think you've got a little too much going on there.

13. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

I think you just don't know how to look for letters when they're not completely obvious.

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@saiko you just dont know how to read...

View attachment 613546

edit* Lol! we said basically the same thing...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  15. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

By that i mean that your letters are unclear. I can read complicated pieces but that one is a bit odd.
    For example, the box seems like a c and the other letters are unclear. I'm not talking shit. Just trying to help. if you don't like it, fine i won't address you again.

@ribcage can you read it?

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

how are you, going to help him? It says erf

17. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

By giving the best advice i can.

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

shitty advice given from someone who doesnt know anything to someone that does, is worthless.

You can be the designated person that tells someone their letters arent the same size tho, and maybe when an H looks like a N if its a good day

19. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

saiko that whole purple blob is wack looks ilike arom and thats a stretch, do simps fool

20. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

Say wha??
    I understood do simps, so i'll work in that.