Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

When Did You Start

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SHift, Oct 15, 2004.

Share This Page

1. RADAWG

RADAWG Senior Member

Started when I was 14, 16 now

2. BigFish

BigFish New Member

THe begining

Ehh i started about 2 years ago, just local tagging to be a rebel, then i found out what its really about and decided to put a message to my art, im still getting there but it all fun.

In this world what sized fish are you?

3. Moon

Moon Senior Member

I started in '08, just writing tags on things because my friend told me I should make one. Then, one day, I was reminded of Banksy while surfing the web. I made a stencil, just for fun, and told my friend about it. Then he offered to get me some spray paint. I wasn't really thinking of actually using the stencil, but he got me the paint, and I tried my stencil on the wall of a public bathroom. It felt good. I started to make stencils really frequently, and I would just put them up on random walls. One night, I wanted to go out stenciling, and my friends wanted to bring more then just a can of black paint. We brought a couple colors, and some how, my friend just starts doing a throw on the back of a Safeway. That's when the actual graffiti came in. After that, I got really into the scene. I did my research, and I started to notice the local writers. Now, graffiti is a part of my life.

4. Graffitiwinkel

Graffitiwinkel New Member

I started active with graffiti in the summer of 1990. Being interested in graffiti and making graffiti drawings was going on since 1985 or 1986 as I was still on primary school. In about 2 years after I started painting graffiti I became one of the main painters in Limburg-Netherlands. After 1997 I almost didn't paint anything at all untill 2006.
    In 2008 I started as a professional graffiti artist doing big murals for companies & governement etc. Still doing that these days and still making a living of it....

[Broken External Image]:http://www.jamesjetlagmuurschilderi...ads/2009/09/jetlagopsteiger23sept2010-550.jpg

5. Astorean

Astorean New Member

Graffiti has always been interesting to me but today i did my first tag ;o

6. Amaze Oner

Amaze Oner New Member

started about 2 weeks ago:p

7. DaisrOner

DaisrOner Member

started like 2 years ago. always been into to graff but never really understood it as a life style. i met a homie in art class and he seen the way i draw and i found out that he graffs and out of nowhere he had some cans and it was like a snowball effect from there.

8. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

well then that explains why your name is amaze...already a huge writer. i suggest changing it unless you want to get seriously hated on.

9. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

10. Minx

Minx Member

Was graffing illegally through about 1997 - 2000, gave up graffing on the streets and just focused on sketching, in the end I stopped for about ten years and recently just picked up the pen and started sketching again. Not interested in graffing illegally now, I just like the art and want to experiment with lettering and do my own thing. I love the writing style, I love the coloring, I love the creativity, it's like a language in it's own and something I can see my self enjoying for a good while. I just hope to get on a level I've never been on before and start drawing some wicked stuff.

11. sniffy

sniffy Member

12. vally writer

vally writer New Member

i started a legit week ago, but have been interested for a couple years.
    its hard to find good work around here, so i need a lot of practice

13. JetGirl

JetGirl New Member

Did my first back in art school back in 02, haven't thought about it again until just this month. Though, I plan on doing all my work on boards and canvas for the most part. No time to be dealing with cops and folks painting over my stuff.

14. avskum

avskum New Member

I've been sketching for about 3-4years. My first piece i did in 08. But i startet ''on real'' approx 1,5year ago.

15. Re-Up

Re-Up Member

MY STORY

I first start noticing graffiti in 7th grade but not really cared about it . In 8th i started looking into it , and trying to learn letter structure , but i was an ediot and didnt give a fuck . i start tagging with my sharpie in 8th until i got busted . starting back in this year . now im a freshman . i suck . i like to bite of off graffiti creator and color it in until i get the feel for the letters.

16. HUMAN

HUMAN Member

I've just started, but we've thus far been able to make quite a statement on our town because we're the first serious graffiti artists here.

17. sauerkraus

sauerkraus Member

I've been sketching for years, did my first throwup last week. Shit's crazy in Alaska I've never seen anyone else.

18. funke925

funke925 New Member

iv been doin it for a couple of months and i started throught my cuzin he used to tag and all that shit and i thought i was cool and the joy of it love graffiti ima be 80 years old wit a marker in my hand catchin some tags haha

19. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

at home ahahhaha
    ive drawn for years also i started painting january 10th 2010

20. itwaswritten

itwaswritten New Member

started tagging boston for fun with my friends last summer, just started actually seriously drawing in the past month... gotta keep practicing