Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Vert: I suggest dropping by the "New to Graffiti" thread and studying up there. Also look around and see how people construct their throws and basic letters.

2. SneeZ

SneeZ Senior Member

had to post this shit. gott's ta fix da N, bytchz!
    10152011016.jpg

3. ZETA

ZETA Senior Member

i like the tag. itd be hard to do fast, but its still nice. fits the style of the throw. and it all looks good but the N is lower case which is kinda eh... i personally like to keep the letters consistant

4. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

5. ceaze

ceaze Member

sup fellas, hopeing i can get some crits...

muke- good shit, consistant, the onlything i would suggest is keeping the top of the bottom right leg of the K from connecting there in the middle, i feel thats very generic.
    sneez- i like your style man, i actually dont mind the upper/lowercase mixture, i think it looks straight

heres a couple quickies i threw up for some crits.
    ceez.jpg ceez1.jpg ceez4.jpg

sorry about the used paper, all my buddies pages where filled up lol

6. MyNipsAreHard

MyNipsAreHard Senior Member

Know- where do you get those slaps? i need some

7. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

looks like SEEN;s shit bro get a whole new style, but ithey are OK

8. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

fix that K son

9. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

BLOGK
    love the B L O
    dont do the verticle extencion on the C and your K is mad lobsided

10. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

looks kinda like Cope 2's style also, so yeah listen to what skina said

11. PETER

PETER Elite Member

As long as we are pointing out people's throws looking like someone elses. That Sneez looks flat out like the "local" (as in on bs) Nouv throw. Ceaze: I like the top and bottom one. I feel like pretty much all throws are generic and look like someone else so fuck the bs and rock what you like.

12. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

staples dude or any office supply

word up I'm wit Peter on this one.. to each his own y'all n cees the last one flows the best, my two cents

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
  13. ceaze

ceaze Member

thanks pete, i honestly dont think they look much like seens, except for the fact it has 2 EEs.

14. SneeZ

SneeZ Senior Member

Cees - the one on the right is fresh. The left one would be better if you make similar holes in the e and come off more clean. the one in the midd is bad.
    muke - nice and simple, i agree with others, fix the k and i suggest, you make a smaller gap on lower part of e.

and nouv, klaus throw is totally different thing. i respect his throws, i would never bite. hes got that continuity in his throws, maybe you were refering to that. if you still think so, nobody is original than.

15. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I'm not hating your throw is good. it's the continuity and the shape of the top. As far as originality.... No they aren't really.... just about everything has been done and when it comes to graffiti it's taking a structured thing such as letters and applying something abstract to it which limits things a little then you take the fact that there are tons of writers and they are all on the internet looking at other people's work. It's only a matter of time that one style starts to invade as with any other trend. The idea of graffiti alone isn't original. There is very little in the way of originality anymore, music, movies, etc. it's all a formula that is repeated with different exponents depending on who is making the work. There are people who push a lot harder than others to bend the rules etc and apear to be more original than most.

16. Messi*TnR

Messi*TnR Member

Well fucking put...i couldnt have said it better if my life depended on it..

17. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

word

Attached Files:

18. ZETA

ZETA Senior Member

@know, i personally hate E's like that, but its all up to you. other than that i love it. and i dont think your K needds work... looks fine and looks like a K so i dont see a problem

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

the thing you need to know is, nouv has throws for daaays. I have throws that look like nouvs throws before I even knew this site existed. IF its not a straight up letter bite, let it go and worry about yourself

LOL no no no no no no no no no! Not even close, yes there are tons of wanna be writers, but very few real ones come to the internet. Originality? there a ton of people making up their own shit, but theres about 1000000 times more people who seek help in a retarded fashion. Then they dont get help the one way they looked, so they resort to means of biting, like coming on this site, and the 20 others like it. Where the rare real writers come, post their stuff, and have faggots bite it who will never make a big name enough for them to ever find out they were bitten.

But hey, your goal here should be to get as many toys as possible to have the same mentality as you, and then you should all QUIT! Make less competition for people who actually have a chance at being successful

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

If you're going to call me out you should look at why I even made the statement in the first place. Ceaze posted something and several people wanted to dog him about it looking like someone else and I pointed out that his throw looks like someone on here (I think throws are more often than not generic anyway).
    Yes there are people who do something better than others and have an "original take" on things. I clearly made that point in my prevous post. You missed the point of that post. It is a writen language and we are ATTEMPTING to make something original, but at the end of the day it's all been done. Every song has been sung and story told.... the words are just rearranged. Graffiti is nothing new. Graffiti for some is about getting up more than the next guy or going bigger or whatever, but it's still just creativly written words that is nothing new. Diam and totem pushed things but its been done now and they just put a twist on what had already been done. NWA pushed boundries, but it's been done now and it was done before them. By definition nothing is original. And if by some stretch of the imagination you believe your graff to be original take another look. It is an english word used readily writen in the most basic of forms. Your throws are decent, but again it's a word and you have influences from other writers just as anyone else.... and in the end it's a word writen just like they have been for thousands of years. Unless you're making up your own language which would be original and then you go spray paint it on something which is unoriginal it doesn't matter it's been done and all you did was put a little bit of twist on something unoriginal.