Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Spray Safe

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by MontanaPainter, Nov 14, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

Xylene is good as shit smelling.

I used to have a resp. but yeah, same thing as herb said, the straps all broke and shit so I dont even bother anymore. I've got a statue of liberty mask I got from when I visited that shit a while ago I wear if Im out bombing anywhere I think there might be cameras. Otherwise I've just got a hoody with a big ass hood I wear. Most of the time Im painting outside anyway, and if its an abandoned building or something its usually got good ventilation so I could care less.

Maybe in another 5-10 years when it starts fucking with my kidneys I might give a damn. But if I cared that much, I dont think I'd smoke cigs either.......

2. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

proper-
    sorry havent been on bs in a while

the reason of this thread is to dispell myths of kids thinking its safe to wear a bandana or dustmask.

so proper change the thread name to Spray safe

like off of the Oontz

3. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Sweet! :eek:

This is completely false. I do not suck. :mad:
    Okay, done.

4. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

It does help to wear a bandanna though. The first time I painted, I didn't have one on, I could smell it and it started getting to me a little. I took a bandanna I had in my pocket, put it around my nose and mouth and I couldn't smell any fumes, and stopped feeling light headed..

Sure, probably on a micro level it wasn't doing shit, but at least I didn't physically feel anything.

5. Ga.nK

Ga.nK Member

whether you mask the smell is irrelevant, the fumes still fuck with your lungs

6. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

i used to use my resp, because i started having problems with the paint, but i couldnt be fucked changing the filters all the time so....

7. FuckTheFame

FuckTheFame Elite Member

i never use anything
    i hate it tho when your painting on a coldnight
    and you get back and have to blow your nose or something
    and then your boogs are whatev color your fill was...actually its kinda awsome
    but in a wierd way haha

8. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

I don't hate the smell of paint, but i hate smelling it, because if you can smell it then its fucking you up. Also, paint fumes make me feel like I have a huge hangover for the next two days.

9. ATMOS2

ATMOS2 New Member

Mmm, I don't really get to write that often. I live in one of those places where graff just looks totally stupid, but i like smell of spray, i do it in my room sometimes just to smell it lol.

10. tremulant

tremulant Senior Member

thread solution: smoke weed + paint

11. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

Yeah...Holy shit...... Respiratory problems solved..

12. tha wite rabbit

tha wite rabbit Senior Member

wear a resp, n change ur cartridges cuz wen u have no bladder control in 15 years.
    its gonna fuckin suck

13. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

proper doesnt suck

propers a bigger homie then jesus

i activly paint freights like every other night, walls...blablablabla

idk where you kiddies are painting, but i never have a problem breathing unless im in some girls room that asked me to paint pretty letters on her wall, but even then im getting paid so i cant complain

i say delete this thread, it wont exceed 12 pages succesfully

if your around painting with a respirator you can consider yourself a pussy, deal with it...spray paint smells and if you dont want to smell it, you probobly shouldnt be using paint

nothing will really get rid of the smell of it, dust masks are in place for catching harmful dust, not getting rid of the smell

nothing will get rid of the smell, anything over your mouth will to some degree filter the fumes and chemicals

god i feel like a retard, i cant spell for shit :/

14. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

life solution: smoke weed + paint

15. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

You ever get paint that smells a bit like bubble gum?... or am I just fucking crazy.

16. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

17. Skitz

Skitz Senior Member

well this thread does require some clarification im thinking montanas talking bout more proffesional painting, in that case why not get a good mask, somebody else is paying for it anyway. if your out on the streets im usually out in a pretty open air area so u really dont need a mask

18. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

I wear a respirator when doing throws or anything larger. Nothing when tagging.

19. Skitz

Skitz Senior Member

i have to agree with sub tagging your not really around anything long enough to have any harmful fx but bigger shit definitly increases the risk

20. iTag

iTag Member

Stop being a pussy bud, take the fumes like a man! Yeah!